Martingale EA - page 97

Thanks wolfe. Now I have a clear idea about this, this EA is so much unique as you say, it has so much to keep calculating. So, there is no more faults with ordersending and handling, we are very near to perfect, only if any new tiny tweaks suggested. Thanks, I will try to post a trade report soon,

wolfe:
I'm sorry that the EA does not perform the same as others with you're unique situation. I think it's because of the stored globals, each PC that you have metatrader on stores the globals to that specific metatrader program. I think that what's happening is when you log on from another PC, it cannot access the globals from the other computer's metatrader program, then you experience CHAOS.

One way around this would be to set up a VPS. Then you could access from anywhere, wouldn't matter if the computer you were using at the time had metatrader on it or not.

The reason I used stored global variables was that there is SO MUCH going on in this program, and a lot to keep track of. Some variables are time sensitive, and cannot simply be called through an orderselect() command at the beginning of the start() function. An example of this would be in the use of the TS. How would I get the highest achieved total profit of a cycle if it wasn't stored as a global variable? You have to store this information WHEN it happens, and it has to be a global variable, so you can access it later if there is a service interruption with your computer. If you simply define a variable, and assign it's value, when you have a service interruption, the value will be lost when you regain service. Global variables are retained within metatrader for a period of 3 weeks, before they reset to 0.

This is my reasoning for using the global variables. Maybe there is a better way, but I'm not aware of it.

ElectricSavant:
Guys...

Can a public EA such as this be successful..can any public EA be successful?

Be Honest

ES

Who knows? The big dream is why wo don't quit trying.

maybe the Vendors...dealers...and such depend on this...no?

scuse me' I am being negative and we do not want that...

ES

wolfe:
Who knows? The big dream is why wo don't quit trying.

sivach:
Thanks wolfe. Now I have a clear idea about this, this EA is so much unique as you say, it has so much to keep calculating. So, there is no more faults with ordersending and handling, we are very near to perfect, only if any new tiny tweaks suggested. Thanks, I will try to post a trade report soon,

You made me smile. An EA of this magnitude is something new for me to try and create. I like to hear when problems are solved.

up 5% and going on day 3 ....go go go...not even near a maxtrade yet...Drawdown under 5%...

ElectricSavant:
maybe the Vendors...dealers...and such depend on this...no?

scuse me' I am being negative and we do not want that...

ES

I hear you, it's hard to not be negative when you hear of all the games brokers employ to screw you. It's just not quite good enough for them to collect an honest spread, they have to screw people out of their whole account as well. You'de think some of them would wise up, and realize that being an honest broker would do them better in the long run. Better for them, and better for forex in general.

ElectricSavant:
up 5% and going on day 3 ....go go go...not even near a maxtrade yet...Drawdown under 5%...

I forget, what maxtrade setting are you using? One close all maxtrade can destroy all profit gained if set too small.

The logic handling of your brain is great, which we can see through this EA construction. You kindly made this EA as a open structure for all of us try to learn something in future. Thanks forever.

wolfe:
You made me smile. An EA of this magnitude is something new for me to try and create. I like to hear when problems are solved.

kayvan:
yes. and also i don`t believe that there may be a private permanently successful ea .

but in here , and with guys like you and wolfe . we will make it .

already we have gone most of the way.

with that last little idea . be sure that you can use it safly in your real.

Kayvan,

We'll get it. I realize you have already stated your additional ideas for this EA in various posts. I need a favor from you. Please post again ALLyour ideas in one place, so I can wrap my head around them, and try to incorporate them into the EA for testing. Thanks!

Any testing or problems to report?