EA request for profitable gbp/jpy system - page 7

Thank you MRE. I will look at it later and post my comments.

Hamid.

Hi. MREBERSV,

Why Qbot-v0.3.1- beta EA didn't open sell trade on 30m. chart please (red vertical line) even QQE on 60m. was cross also? May be I did something wrong?

Files:
001.gif  24 kb
002.gif  22 kb

I'm not sure why you didn't open, so I'll check into that, but my guess is it has to do with the logic controlling the "NoOpen" variable. I also hit a string today when testing where it kept opening and closing a trade and pretty much just paying the bid-ask spread a few hundred times, and I think that has to do with not adjusting the "stopLevel" variable correctly in the EA.

Officially, I am aware of both of these issues, so people do not need to report them again until the next release. If you find errors other than those mentioned, please report those.

-MRE-

I'm pretty sure I figured out both problems mentioned, so I'll let some tests run today and then I'll probaby post 0.3.2 tonight.

-MRE-

Thank a lot . MRE.

After a little delay, I am now testing...

Well, the method kind of got beat up a little today, but it was a great day to test. It hit a lot of the things I was looking for (especially stoploss and takeprofit) and continued to trade as it should have.

That being said, I'm releasing v0.3.2-beta for a wider testing. I'm not exactly concerned with the profitability (though that's good to know sometimes, too). I'm much more concerned with abnormal behavior of the EA (since I am the one programming it, that'd be my immediate domain of concern).

Enclosed you'll find what is the latest edition as of 7:00 PM, CDT.

-MRE-

Files:

Hi

You might want to revise this line...

total = OrdersTotal();

as it returns ALL open orders not just the ones associated with your EA. Better to check for orders in the same currency and having the same magic number otherwise it throws your logic out.

Just an FYI

Good luck

Lux

luxinterior:
You might want to revise this line...

total = OrdersTotal();

as it returns ALL open orders not just the ones associated with your EA. Better to check for orders in the same currency and having the same magic number otherwise it throws your logic out.

Thanks for the input, and I know I should. I was more concerned with getting the bulk of the EA out quicker while people were still interested in it (more testers and whatnot). I actually have a pretty good magic number system in my personal, but adding it to the code instead of including a header file was more work than I wanted to do during the beta version of the EA. Thanks again for the input!

-MRE-

Be forewarned that backtesting can still produce some anomalous behavior with constantly opening and closing trades.

-MRE-

Edit: Oops! It turns out I was backtesting an older version of the EA and didn't realize it. The current one seems to have fixed the repeated "open-close-open-..." problem.