EA request for profitable gbp/jpy system - page 6

Thanks! That did the trick! I guess it pays to read the documentation. I'll try to remember to RTFM next time ;-)

Next post will have v0.3 attached.

-MRE-

mrebersv:
Enclosed is v0.3 ready for beta testing. Let me know what kind of errors or abnormalities you receive. -MRE-

We can't test it, since this EA can't be compiled because of variable problem .

Please check it. Thanks

Thanks. I just noticed that i uploaded the thing without saving all changes. Try this one.

-MRE-

Files:

Enclosed is v0.3 ready for beta testing. Let me know what kind of errors or abnormalities you receive.

-MRE-

Edit: Attachment was removed because of an error. See two posts below for correct version.

Only 1 trade on October?

Definitely something wrong here...

demam_emas:
Only 1 trade on October? Definitely something wrong here...

I'm skeptical of backtesting a strategy that uses multiple timeframes, so I only plan on forward testing this one. If we find that forward testing causes the same issue, I'm guessing the problem has to do with the "NoOpen" variable which is used to keep the strategy from re-opening trades in the same direction after stoploss and now takeprofit (fingers crossed on that one). Specifically, I've been implementing too many changes without testing each one individually lately, so I can foresee an error or two in the logic controlling the "NoOpen" variable.

-MRE-

There is another statement that needs to be changed. Same issue as before.

void checkForNoOpenChange() {

if ( ((iCustom(NULL,shortTF,"QQE",SF,0,2) iCustom(NULL,shortTF,"QQE",SF,1,1))) ||

((iCustom(NULL,longTF,"QQE",SF,0,2) iCustom(NULL,longTF,"QQE",SF,1,1))) ){

NoOpen=false;

}

}

With this change more trades are opened. However, after a trade in one direction is closed, other trades in the same direction continue to be opened.

saintmo

More problems. Trades opened and closed immediately under some circumstances. Lots of trades.

Wow, Saint! You're proving to be quite helpful in testing this thing! I'll start fixing those issues after work today, but I won't be home until late, so it might be a while.

-MRE-

Before I head off to work, here is v0.3 with the fix mentioned by saintmo as well as a fixes to a few other errors I noticed while glancing at it. I'll be on in about 13 hours from now to check in on any other errors found.

-MRE-

Files: