Multiple10Points-X2 (New Challenge) - page 2

ADX_MACD:
Hello Saintmo

I will appreciate it if you could post the settings you have set your backtest.

Here is 2 backtest results for gbpusd & eurusd. both using high risk with FiboFilter on.. FIBOFILTERis the key to protect the account.

GBPUSD

LOTS=0.10

PIPS=25

TP=35

MULTIPLIER=2

FIBOFILTER=TRUE

EURUSD

LOTS=0.10

PIPS=20

TP=30

MULTIPLIER=2

FIBOFILTER=TRUE

Slami

My settings:

Start $10,000 at Jan 1, 2007 up to account disaster at June 8, 2007

lots = .01

TP = 28

PIPS = 22

Multiplier = 1.8

Fibofilter=false

I did try the trend filter but it actually did a little worse. I had expected it to save the account, but it seemed like once it got into a progression the wrong way, it kept going even if it wasn't still with the trend. Hope that made sense.

Thanks,

saintmo

saintmo:
My settings:

Start $10,000 at Jan 1, 2007 up to account disaster at June 8, 2007

lots = .01

TP = 28

PIPS = 22

Multiplier = 1.8

Fibofilter=false

I did try the trend filter but it actually did a little worse. I had expected it to save the account, but it seemed like once it got into a progression the wrong way, it kept going even if it wasn't still with the trend. Hope that made sense.

Thanks,

Saintmo

I will be honest with you, I am not positively convinced with the TrednFilter either, I dont know why, maybe because I believe the martingale depends on retracements, and this is what FiboFilter is good on.

So I've been playing around some more, and I managed to avoid the June blowup but the July one is still there. This can be avoided by using the trend filter, but this also significantly reduces profit.

You might consider adding an option to close on DD%, since this EA doesn't seem to carry much in the way of floating losses. For instance, if DD exceeds 35% or whatever of the current balance, you can close all open positions and start again. This would provide an emergency stop against an account blowup but still allow you to collect massive pips and not use huge lot sizes.

@ADX_MACD

Why is no SL used? With the Backtesting with EURUSD many trades without SL are still open with very many pips in the minus!!! Please a SL can be still inserted. (extern int) who would not like to use it sets it to "0".

Thank you

fxbeginner

Ea

Did the Ea survive this past few weeks?? of rough trading??

Good question.

This thread seems to have dried up. Too bad.

I did find that running this ea with only certain of the indicators set to true is the way to go. In good times everything was fine with everything set to true, but in bad conditions most of the indicators got in at the same time and the losses were then larger.

Since many positions are taken at any given time it would be helpful to add a display that identified the lowest margin level experienced.

Since the code is not available is it possible for the author to do that? Or to make the code available?

Thanks,

saintmo

indicators

Hi,

Could you post which indicators are you using for this EA?

Regards

MythosKid

saintmo:
Good question.

This thread seems to have dried up. Too bad.

I did find that running this ea with only certain of the indicators set to true is the way to go. In good times everything was fine with everything set to true, but in bad conditions most of the indicators got in at the same time and the losses were then larger.

Since many positions are taken at any given time it would be helpful to add a display that identified the lowest margin level experienced.

Since the code is not available is it possible for the author to do that? Or to make the code available?

Thanks,

saintmo

Hi,

Yes, set to "false" the Stochastic and Williams trading triggers. I was able to get positive results for 2007 for all other options individually and together with the exception of these. Use fib filter set to true also and trend filter to false. I used 4HR TF on eur/usd.

It goes without saying that other time frames, etc. produce different results. One problem with testing very extensively is that the EA is slower than most.

saintmo

Hi Saintmo

Where are you with this EA and what has happened to Slami? Seems things have died a little here, are you still running this on forward test and if so what are the results like?

Thanks

Wayne

I thought it's going to be those two.

Thanks

MythsoKid

saintmo:
Hi,

Yes, set to "false" the Stochastic and Williams trading triggers. I was able to get positive results for 2007 for all other options individually and together with the exception of these. Use fib filter set to true also and trend filter to false. I used 4HR TF on eur/usd.

It goes without saying that other time frames, etc. produce different results. One problem with testing very extensively is that the EA is slower than most.

saintmo