PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 78

sivach:
It makes between only 4-12 trades a day, but with the settings (40 pip gap), I managed to survive without big drawdown or margin call so far. Today only 4 take profits done, quiet day for gippy. . I think, you have to find proper different settings for other currencies, but I like GBPJPY.

I have it installed and running on your .set file. no trades yet, I'll keep it posted.

sivach:
It makes between only 4-12 trades a day, but with the settings (40 pip gap), I managed to survive without big drawdown or margin call so far. Today only 4 take profits done, quiet day for gippy. . I think, you have to find proper different settings for other currencies, but I like GBPJPY.

I downloaded your set file, and noticed that it doesn't have settings for input variables such as UseDPC, UseCCI, CCIPeriod, etc. and it has variables that aren't on my list (for either v10 or v10-1). My versions have a Multiplier setting, but not MultiplierLong and MultiplierShort. Mine don't have Pips_ShiftL and Pips_ShiftS.... things like that. Mine don't have any HMA related inputs, no UseSupRes, no UseSniper, and no UseTURBO. There's no H_level or L-level.

How is your v10 different from the one I downloaded?

Hi, If you want to see more frequent trades, set UseDPO to false.

jesseboy:
I have it installed and running on your .set file. no trades yet, I'll keep it posted.

I am not a proper coder, I am doing some cut & paste DIY and adding more indicators and variables and messing around with v10, so the set file has changed it's face but it is basically a v10. I did not want to confuse by posting the modified messed up v10 (????), already plenty v10's are there with different indicator inputs. I like to run v10 without any indicators, more trades, but not safe when very large moves. At present, trades are few, but more safer.

jimven:
I downloaded your set file, and noticed that it doesn't have settings for input variables such as UseDPC, UseCCI, CCIPeriod, etc. and it has variables that aren't on my list (for either v10 or v10-1). My versions have a Multiplier setting, but not MultiplierLong and MultiplierShort. Mine don't have Pips_ShiftL and Pips_ShiftS.... things like that. Mine don't have any HMA related inputs, no UseSupRes, no UseSniper, and no UseTURBO. There's no H_level or L-level. How is your v10 different from the one I downloaded?

ross123:
there we go. my setting are build in.GBP/CHF&JPY, EUR$GBP are the pairs I trade live on M15.

Good luck

Ross

My results with your set up.

Files:

The set file from dmbsys is great I aslo test it on Real Account INTERBANK FX

EUR/USD 15m 15.12.2007-18.02.2008

Files:
screen_1.jpg  68 kb

xan023:
The set file from dmbsys is great I aslo test it on Real Account INTERBANK FX EUR/USD 15m 15.12.2007-18.02.2008

would you be willing to provide that set file to us? this is quite promising.

thanks

While I have found certain settings that keep v10 running for several months without difficulty, I'm not convinced that the EA is stable. I've figured out much of it and here's what often happens (with some settings):

If I'm not mistaken, the EA cannot close any trades (profitable or unprofitable) if it cannot find enough profitable trades to reach the profit target. This is the sum of all the "BUY" trades and "SELL" trades that are profitable minus all the unprofitable trades. This must equal the profit target.

So what happens is that the EA can be waiting for the profit target to be reached indefinitely because there isn't enough profit to meet this condition. So it just stops and waits and does nothing while there's a number of open trades (generally, losing ones).

Just my thoughts.

i think maybe need to mod a little bit.

what if we remove use dpo and sniper,and adding RSIOMA as a default for buy or sell.

just my 2 cent

Could you post the RSIOMA indicator you are refering to and what timeframe you suggest the indicator gives more suitable signal, settings?

deicide:
i think maybe need to mod a little bit.

what if we remove use dpo and sniper,and adding RSIOMA as a default for buy or sell.

just my 2 cent