PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 36

No code...

There is no code... except in the EA. I have not found settings that would survive the worst case scenario.

Carl

Oy gevalt! Here's another one.

Guys, one day you're going to want to stop playing/demoing and trade live.

No SL's = DISASTER! Any monkey can push a button "Buy" "Sell" and wait for one day the price to come back into profit!

Remember, this is the area you will fail: Psychology of fear and greed.

Run for the hills and forget about this one.

Also, when you're new learn about SL's and not trailing stops.

Always ask yourself this question when using EA's: Am I comfortable with my trades as I walk out the door for the rest of the day? Even if an earthquake hits Japan again and my pair drops 900 points in 1 hour? (true occurence)

PipTrip..this is not the JoyRide you think it is...(I like your handle...now watch, someone will use JoyRide , just through the power of the written word and a certain techniqe in presentation)

But the trade cancelling mechanism in v9.1 acts as the SL here...doesn't it? A winner takes out a loser...

There are several forms of SL's...I can even put on an EA to watch my Profit column that runs independent from this EA to give me resets...EA's without SL's do not hinder me.

I think EA's help some of us to manage emotion...This one is attractive as it suggests trading from price action alone...it recognizes that lagging indicators are exactley that and tries a different approach...I have recently found that the defaults are not necessarilly the best ....spacing...is important...

I wish there was a dynamic update to the defaults to adjust spacing based on the ATR that the price action is giving us in the particular pair the EA is on...

ES

Pip Trip:
Oy gevalt! Here's another one.

Guys, one day you're going to want to stop playing/demoing and trade live.

No SL's = DISASTER! Any monkey can push a button "Buy" "Sell" and wait for one day the price to come back into profit!

Remember, this is the area you will fail: Psychology of fear and greed.

Run for the hills and forget about this one.

Also, when you're new learn about SL's and not trailing stops.

Always ask yourself this question when using EA's: Am I comfortable with my trades as I walk out the door for the rest of the day? Even if an earthquake hits Japan again and my pair drops 900 points in 1 hour? (true occurence)

hello

i came across this ea,suposing it acting like pipmaker, good in backtest.but don,t why it close some ordes in loos,still can,nt find optimal setting!lets do atest i va, agood confidence at this one

Files:

I have exceeded 15% intraday DD breaches several times and have restarted new demos more times than I have counted, but today I tried these settings and the numbers seem low so far...but I will know more next week...

Pipmaker v9.1 Default H1 with the following pairs and changes:

SmallestLotSize: 2.0

Max LotSize: 10.0

LotSize: 0.01

EUR/GBP

Spacing: 8 (576P H1 ATR)

TrendSpacing: 16 (double Spacing input above)

CHF/JPY

Spacing: 26 (576P H1 ATR)

TrendSpacing: 52 (double Spacing input above)

NZD/USD

Spacing: 31 (576P H1 ATR)

TrendSpacing: 62 (double Spacing input above)

AUD/CAD

Spacing: 30 (576P H1 ATR)

TrendSpacing: 60 (double Spacing input above)

The defaults remain for:

TrendTimeFrame: 1

TrendPeriods: 1200

I also use a "close all" EA/utility on a separate chart...this extra EA will close all trades at a setting I use of plus 4 dollars to get a reset and to close everything in case Pipmaker leaves some stragglers open...I like to get a reset now and then and start over with less exposure...I know, I know ...it is a waste of spread since I get right back in...but let me see how long this works! before flaming me ok?

ElectricSavant™

PS. I have even considered adding the "close all" EA/tool to even another chart to close all the trades when the profit column gets to minus 15% of my balance or BE of my initial capital whichever comes first ( I just need to build up enough profits to make this work...hehe)...this way a trend direction change will be discovered and I can get on the right side...

P.P.S. Did you know that 3% a month is 36% a year?

I've tried it for 4 times but the results are....

Hi CeroOnda,

I've tried it for 4 times but the results are always leaving huge floating things, as the attached figures, what's wrong actually with the settings which are completely following the template you have given.

Thanks.

CeroOnda:
My testing shows USD/JPY better than USD/CHF.

Just my opinion.

I'm attaching my statement too.

CeroOnda

I've tried it for 4 times but the results are.....

Hi CeroOnda,

I've tried it for 4 times but the results are always leaving huge bounce of floating things as the attached forward test, though all settings were following the template included with the EA.

Thanks and perhaps you could have a look at it and please advice.

Unfortunately,

My demo also sank into deep dark drawdown and I shut it down yesterday .

Nick,

I am still alive with those settings I posted a few posts back....only 1% DD on a 3k account, so far...with 0.3% yield...in one day...

0.3*24 trading day's= 7.2% per month...

ES

faifarni:
Unfortunately,

My demo also sank into deep dark drawdown and I shut it down yesterday .

Nick,

Ive took over the attitudes of your 15Min.setfile. In the script are two lines, I cant find in your settings:

//extern bool Multiplier = true;

//extern bool OpenOnTick = false;

The

extern int Multiplier

ive changed in 0

The

extern int OpenOnTick

ive changed in 1

Do I have to also change the "//extern booI-lines" in the same values like the "extern int"?