PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 113

Change type of "ProfitTarget"

Enforcer,

I've noticed that the variabe ProfitTarget has type "int".

(In the following text i mean that ProfitTarget=1).

So, when use MM is true and we are appropriating to ProfitSkew some fractional value 0 only when trailing works.

If ProfitSkew equal, for example, 1.5, then in most cases we will get ProfitTarget=1.

I suggest to change type of ProfitTarget to "double".

Thanks.

EDIT:

Here is the changed code

extern double ProfitTarget = 1; // All orders closed when this profit target amount (in dollars) is reached

if(MoneyMangement){

ProfitTarget=(AutoLot()*100.0*ProfitSkew);

}

Lemyx:
Enforcer,

I've noticed that the variabe ProfitTarget has type "int".

(In the following text i mean that ProfitTarget=1).

So, when use MM is true and we are appropriating to ProfitSkew some fractional value 0 only when trailing works.

If ProfitSkew equal, for example, 1.5, then in most cases we will get ProfitTarget=1.

I suggest to change type of ProfitTarget to "double".

Thanks.

EDIT:

Here is the changed code

extern double ProfitTarget = 1; // All orders closed when this profit target amount (in dollars) is reached

if(MoneyMangement){

ProfitTarget=(AutoLot()*100.0*ProfitSkew);

}

Will be changed on next version, for now change it yourself, is an easy fix for anyone.

drgoodvibe:
Thanks Enforcer, looks like you have cut the backtest time for me by nearly half with this latest revision!

Glad it works

montedoro:
O.K. I agree. The ATR value in M15 looks very high so we have less trades, but the DD is realy low. About the DD you are absolutely right: how you can leave the robot to work and tranquilly go on vacation if you know that on tests robot shows DD 60%, but for me up to 20% DD is acceptable. It can happens only one time in two mounts. Else if we want to create EA with 3% DD it means that we want to predict the market almost 99%. So everyone must find the balance profit/DD for himself.

You can't have more than one margin call for same money....

I installed the pointers and the EA, but it does not open orders. Which would be the problem?

Pipmaker v15.1

Carlos,

Depending on what pair you are trading on, Pipmaker may or may not make a trade right away. It took 2 days before Pipmaker placed a trade on my GBPUSD pair. I have 4 pairs running right now and my EURGBP hasn't place a trade yet but my other 3 have been trading a lot. It all depends on the settings you used and backtested.

The backtesting may seem to go pretty fast that real time may look like a snail's pace. Backtest and watch how often trades are placed on your particular pair and you will get a better feel.

A couple of small things you might want to check...make sure ARSI and ATR are on your charts. ATR may not be necessary but you can place that in the same indicator window with ARSI and it won't take up any more space. If you toggled on iTrend, you might want to put that on your chart for good measure.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong, but the Pipmaker code automatically goes to your indicator library to work (#include

#include ) so all that one truly needs to do is ensure that ARSI, iTrend, and ATR are in your indicator libraries, right? Putting them on your charts is nothing but "eye candy"..really.