Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 104

fxstrategist:
Is it also and overbought/oversold indicator?

If it is dss (double smoothed stochastic) then yes, it is.

gozila:

anybody have this indicator with specific settings:

it is stochastic appear what is momentum on 3 higher time frame from current time frame if it is up you will see blue color if it is down you will see dark blue.....

all i know it is Stochastic with settings:

21 bars - %D is 9 ( Smoothed )

it is called 3X indicator (x= time frame)

so anybody have it

gozila:

so anybody have it

I believe it is the Holy Grail indicator...I've been looking for it all my life...

gozila:

so anybody have it

No XXX please, this is a decent forum.

Finally Pava, you found it. But isn't it 'To die and to see the Holy Grail' - in this sequence. Maybe I'm wrong

gozila:

so anybody have it

As far as I see that is not a 3 time frame stochastic

Take a look at the right side scale : up is -50 down is -80. And the value of the indicator is 18.27 that is plotted between that -50 and -80.

From what I see those are few indicator thrown in the same sub-window. The dotted one looks like some of the old dss versions or some of William Blau's stochastic momentum indicators. There is no stochastic that is not smoothed that will look like that

Stochastic signal

stochasticsignal.mq4

mladen:
Made some changes in it (easier to use, new descriptive options where possible, percentage filter is really a percentage filter now - percentage of the deviation, the example bellow is with percentage set to 100%) and shorter and simplified code : nonlag_stochastic_nrp_2.mq4

Using filter on it really makes it good

mladen:
This is a version of DSS that uses Kaufman AMA (adaptive moving average) as an input for calculation. Since Kaufman AMA is adaptive, it makes the DSS adaptive too, and makes it adapt to trends a bit more responsive.

PS: to clarify one thing - I have heard and read in quite a few posts from some "experts" that adaptive indicators repaint. Nothing can be further from the truth. There is no reason whatsoever that any adaptive indicator repaints. Adapting does not mean repainting and it never will mean that. So, no worries. The indicator, even though it is adaptive (implicitly through the usage of adaptive moving average), is not repainting and will never repaint

Upgraded version of double smoothed stochastic of Kaufman AMA : dss_of_kaufman_ama_2.mq4

Is there a signal and alert version?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Upgraded version of double smoothed stochastic of Kaufman AMA : dss_of_kaufman_ama_2.mq4