Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 20

VSA bars

Thank you for the reply. I guess I need to study the syntax of MQL before I can understand. I think you're saying that I have to inquire the value from your VSA indi, and write a program to display the SMAs that I described above. Until I can do that, I'll probably use the original V2.

I work in the 5 min timeframe, so period is set to 0, to give one bar every 5 min. I set all the VSA bars to width=5, and then I overlay the Wick display. In the attached pic, volume line is at the bottom in white, with a dotted white SMA. The CDRW spread line is brown, with dotted brown SMA. The yellowgreen line during the uptrend is RSI.

Thanks again.

Files:
screenshot.gif  43 kb

:)

Period 5

sd 1

Mamode 0

Modeprice 2

Modeprice2 3

sh 0

Files:
ds.gif  28 kb

Updated VSA display

Thanks for the clarification. In the interest of simplicity, I set the VSA indi at the bottom of the window. It's very handy to see the direction of the strength/weakness.

White is volume, with the bottom of the indi window as zero baseline. Blue is spread, with center of window as zero baseline. Heavy black/Firebrick is RSI.

Wicks display set to Netwick=True.

Candle wicks are colored by the Labtrend 1, which is a nice trend indicator.

Blue line in main window is a 6 bar SMA. It's interesting to see how often price crossing that line correlates with VSA signals.

Files:
screenshot2.gif  28 kb

Paul Gold:
My final VSA/VPA code..........

hi Paul ..-pleas created indicator for signal BUY or Sell for VSA System....thanks

Hi

Pava:
If "buy" & "sell" signals cannot be specified...then system is worthless...it's like coming to a dentist with toothpaine and hearing him saying..."I am going to try to help you but not sure if my help will work"

Buy,Sell and maybe it should have an autoclick? Think!

?

never tried that software...read about it...they say it's for learning purposes only...plus they have to tech it how to use it...and even then there is no guarantee...when trading, there is no time to think...it's like a sport...without simple, clear and well defined signals trader is doomed to a failure

Pava:
If "buy" & "sell" signals cannot be specified...then system is worthless...it's like coming to a dentist with toothpaine and hearing him saying..."I am going to try to help you but not sure if my help will work"

I agree and thanks withing attempt

Just keep wasting your time looking for the holy grail....Some folks will never learn!

Paul is absolutely right guys. You cannot just have buy and sell signals because you need to analyse price action over the next bar or so. VSA is about reading the market and mapping it out to give you a better understanding of what it might do next. If you acted on the signal you want and you enter the market and the following bars negates the signal what do you do then.

I've got TG and it is essential to get confirmation.

Thanks Paul for a good set of indicators

don.gading:
Paul is absolutely right guys. You cannot just have buy and sell signals because you need to analyse price action over the next bar or so. VSA is about reading the market and mapping it out to give you a better understanding of what it might do next. If you acted on the signal you want and you enter the market and the following bars negates the signal what do you do then.

I've got TG and it is essential to get confirmation.

Thanks Paul for a good set of indicators

If "buy" & "sell" signals cannot be specified...then system is worthless..