Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 19

By the way, I noticed on the forum and forex factory that many people using the VSA method also use custom indicators such as the Better Volume, CDRW volume and CDRW spread. Can anyone tell me what are these indicators exaclt, or simply give a link that gives further explanations on these indicators? I don't even know what CDRW stands for, convergence diverge something? Thanks!

Signal

Here a signal and followed it an hour later

Files:
signal.jpg  150 kb
signal2.jpg  156 kb

Thank you Paul

Thank you Paul

Cheers

Paul Gold:
Twe new toys....more advanced than last ones!!! Regards

?

shouldn't it be the secret of the truth?

Paul Gold:
Twe new toys....more advanced than last ones!!! Regards

Thanks. I am curious how it works and how good the signals. Latest indicators were that the computer works very slowly.

Paul Gold:
Two new toys....more advanced than last ones!!! Regards

Thanks Paul, great stuff. I finally managed to get things right. But still one problem. I keep getting the "pending..." message for the last bar analysis. On every timeframe. Any thought what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Pipbuilder you are a .....!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

VSA_V2.EX4 questions

Hi all. This is my first post on TSD. I've done live trading with MIG, but have recently spent the most time studying. Many thanks to all the skilled traders and coders who so generously share their experience.

I prefer only one indicator window, so simplicity and clean layout is key. I'm adding VSA into my trade setup, so Mich99's super-clean indi on post #160 is very cool. A few questions.

1. What are the small histograms lnside the bigger ones used for?

2. Also, what can the SD parameter do? I've tried 0 to 4 with differing results!

3. Since the MQ4 file is not public, would it be possible to add two moving averages of the colored volume bars? Right now I use MT4's volume placed at the bottom of my one indi window, with a 12 bar SMA for comparison. It works OK, but seeing the averages of up and down volume right at the VSA bars would be great!

General Question: if anyone knows of an indi similar to these VSA bars, but acting on spread, not volume, that could be very useful. The idea is that spread could display as either a line, histo, or even small dots, above and below the baseline. The baseline would be a selectable moving average of the spread. This would de-trend variations in spread, and the indi could overlay the VSA volume bars. I don't have the skills, but I'm sure there are coders here who could make this during a coffee break!

Finally, I made a simple mod to Seavo's excellent Wick display to show the length of the VSA wick (hi-lo-close) without the open information. The closing price is always at the baseline. I think of it like de-trending the close of VSA bars. Be sure to play with the ShowNetWick parameter. Thanks again to everyone!

Files:

Hi Still Learning ;]

If iMA(NULL,PERIOD,sd,0,MODEMA,MODEPRICE,i)< iMA (NULL,PERIOD,sd,0,MODEMA,MODEPRICE2,i+sh) V=V-volumen ,and viceversa.

Buffer=(V+)-abs(V-)

1. PERIOD 1 return 15 1min-bars at 15min timeframs charts inside one 15min-bar.(sum). (look at post 143.)

JO!

Files:
vsa_v2.1.ex4  10 kb