V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 66

Wolf1210

Hi MIKEJODY, I downloaded the V1+V2 expert and will try it on a 10.000 demo first. It is the version from dec.05. Do I have to do any add ons?

Thanks for your reply

roodstaart:
Yes but if price does continue to decline after the sl of the sell was hit? I dont think this is a good idea, this kind of trading can only lead to a dead account.

yes but the idea was, if the SL was hit then the price should resume and make profit from the other open trades.

scrambledem:
yes but the idea was, if the SL was hit then the price should resume and make profit from the other open trades.

Ok, I see, but how do we make a deal with the price that after hitting SL it will resume? If you know a way to do that you will be briljant.

roodstaart:
Ok, I see, but how do we make a deal with the price that after hitting SL it will resume? If you know a way to do that you will be briljant.

BUY 0.1 @ 1.3500

BUY 0.2 @ 1.3475

BUY 0.4 @ 1.3450

BUY 0.8 @ 1.3425

SELL 1.5 @ 1.3405 with STOP LOSS @ 25

so from here 3 things can happen.

#1 The price imediatly retraces again, the SHORT SL is hit, we make a minimal loss and recover from it with the buys.

#2 The price continues to drop, we are totally hedged so unlike before it doesn't matter how much the price drops, we are 100% safe, we will just have to wait for the price to recover at some point. Also when the price is 100pips below where the SELL entered the market, i'm going to make the EA modify the SHORT SL to breakeven so when the market recovers we make NO loss.

#3 The price retraces to hit the SHORT SL then continues to fall again. Not a good situation and hopefully will be avoided by optimization. But if this happens a new SHORT will enter the market.

I've almost finished the code, i've paper traded this method on the dates where the original EA failed and it looks promising. I just hope this won't hinder the profit too much on other trades.

I've finished my version and so far, where the account would of blown my addition makes a minimal profit after holding your money in a hedge until the price retraces.

It has a few parameters to be optimized so when i post it later, I hope someone will spend time to back test and optimize.

Can an inverse V1+V2 module (open opposite direction orders) itself be programmed & integrated into V1+V2 such that it starts to open trades after original V1+v2 first averages in, but pyramiding it(as describe below)along at the same averaging level of the original V1+v2 further down the road?

scalpmaster:
This V1V2 EA is a martingale method and would not be complete unless an anti-martingale process is incorporated into it on top of the hedging process (Sometimes,the V1 or V2 hedging comes in a little too late).

Saw this idea at ET forum which would make V1V2 a 'better' EA if someone can integrate/program the idea into the attached latest V1V2 EA I could find.

Idea: Traditional pyramiding on your initial position tells you to adds to your position in smaller and smaller increments. But look what happens when I add to a position in a Fibonacci sequence on the ES(or forex pair) every 20 points/pips along with a Stop placed at 20 points/pips below the last purchase:

Qty, Price, Avg, Stop, Profit

1, 1400, 1400, 1380, ($1,000)

1, 1420, 1410, 1400, ($1,000)

2, 1440, 1425, 1420, ($1,000)

3, 1460, 1440, 1440, 0

5, 1480, 1456 1460, $2,000

8, 1500, 1474 1480, $6,000

13, 1520, 1492 1500 $13,000

21, 1540, 1511 1520, $25,000

PS: leave the original V1V2 running as it is but activate the anti-martingale part only when V1V2 takes trades in the opposite direction of that currency pair movement after a calculated number of pips from starting position (e.g, the equivalent stop loss number of pips of the above idea, 20pips).

After that, if the currency direction suddenly reverses by say 20 pips, the anti-martingale part would close all its own positions leaving only the V1V2 positions to close up the cycle as it goes further in that direction. However, if it reverses direction again by 10pips, the anti-martingale part has to be re-activated again.

This is just one approach to anti-martingale. Maybe someone can think of other better ways to the anti-martingale module part of the V1V2.

scrambledem:
I've finished my version and so far, where the account would of blown my addition makes a minimal profit after holding your money in a hedge until the price retraces. It has a few parameters to be optimized so when i post it later, I hope someone will spend time to back test and optimize.

Your input is very much appreciated. I have a vacant platform ready

for testing. Looking forward to seeing how the EA behaves with the

new safety feature.

Thanks again.

Rob

scrambledem:
I've finished my version and so far, where the account would of blown my addition makes a minimal profit after holding your money in a hedge until the price retraces. It has a few parameters to be optimized so when i post it later, I hope someone will spend time to back test and optimize.

Looking forward to test your version.

Can Emily EA (trend follower) be incorporated into v1v1(countertrend) to start it's first trade when v1v1 first averages in?

scrambledem

I like your hedge idea. Why not continue the martingale action in the hedge. YOUR:

BUY 0.1 @ 1.3500

BUY 0.2 @ 1.3475

BUY 0.4 @ 1.3450

BUY 0.8 @ 1.3425

SELL 1.5 @ 1.3405 with STOP LOSS @ 25

Why not sell 1.6 then 3.2 etc. Or smaller multiplier like 1.5 after the 1.6 to keep margin down. Then as you stated move the 1.6 to break even S/L then each of the next moves move the S/L up to the new trades S/L allowing for some profit. When the over all trade goes positive close all loosing longs and move S/L to new break even and trail for more profit. If it reverses before going over all profit. One short will loose others will close in profit and last 1.6 will close at break even and then the longs will close for normal profit. Over all most times will profit. Only a small percentage of the turn around will actually close over all for a small loss. One other idea with more math involved would be to close the lowest lot loosing trade as the shorts profit enough. Each time it closes a long the shorts will overcome the next looser quicker for another close. eventually all longs would close and shorts could continue with a trail stop for profit. When the shorts close against the trail stop resume from beginning. Or on such a large move the RSI would be over sold and close when RSI goes below 30 then back above 30. Start over.

I've been testing V1+V2 ea on a FXDD demo account and it's working great as long as the market is in treading mode. So I opened up a live mini account with FXDD to see how it will perform, but there are no trades made so far (I'm using the regular v1+v2_new2 version). Does anyone know why?