V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 16

We need to UNIFY!

I just made some posts on the other thread, but am reposting them here, so everybody can see them and use them to help develop these EAs:

On the other EA thread, it was recommended that this EA only be run on low volatility pairs such as Eur-Usd. However, changing the Pip-step (distance between new orders) could theoretically take into account the volatility of the pair, thus making the EA safe again. For example, a low volatility pair (Eur-Usd) could use the small pip step of about 20. A high volatility pair (let's say GBP-USD ) would have its own, much larger pipstep.

Now this brings an interesting possibly. What if the pipstep is DYNAMICALLY set based on current market volatility. There are a number of other indicators that can measure volatility. The ATR is just an example.

The point is to either compensate for the big moves or stay out altogether. (I think it would be preferable to do both)

Another Idea:

Use JMASlope to find market volatility and only enter when it is falling.

hhsmoney:
I'm also testing it on FXDD, but no action on that account still. I suspect it is something to do with the micro/mini account situation, am I on the right track?

hhsmoney, some brokers only support 0.1 lot-size increments, whereas the V1/V2 EAs start with 0.01 (a microlot), so it wouldn't work in that case. Some brokers provide micro/nano lot accounts at special request; I don't know about FXDD.

Clarification

Dear all,

Let me just clearify here. V12 started way back in the beginning of January,2007 where me and Grandpa having a competition with 10point3 mods. That time I'm developing V11. And then V12. Account statement show at below:

Equity chart

Statement

Its a traditional cost averaging system and has nothing to do with V1 and V2. The V12 name is just a coincidence. I'm not blaming anybody and please lets just continue the harmony of trading here. Lets improve this hedging EA so it can be run as a portfolio for our live accounts.

Regards

David

p/s: FYI, the equity curve for hedging EA will have spike down, where traditional cost averaging equity curve is spike up. That clearly differenciate they're not the same EA.

Files:
comp.gif  37 kb

davidke20:
Dear all,

Let me just clearify here. V12 started way back in the beginning of January,2007 where me and Grandpa having a competition with 10point3 mods. That time I'm developing V11. And then V12. Account statement show at below:

Equity chart

Statement

Its a traditional cost averaging system and has nothing to do with V1 and V2. The V12 name is just a coincidence. I'm not blaming anybody and please lets just continue the harmony of trading here. Lets improve this hedging EA so it can be run as a portfolio for our live accounts.

Regards

David

I wasn't talking about you. I know you are sure that V1 and V2 are NOT modifications of your V12. You have the code for V12 and my codes so you can compare. ...

I am reposting newer EAs here that were originally from the other thread.

V1 aand V2 mini is a version from gbolla

and the other one is from Fifth Element.

It's obvious

It is very clear these are 2 completely different EA's. Time factor alone proves it. I look forward to cucurucu, david, mikejody, ryanklefas and others building a safe, profitable hedging EA together.

I am not a coder but I love to forward test these new ideas. Count me in.

yes !!!

i read somme forums and Cucurucu and David are a very good person

so we can work here muchas gracias

fxgrm:
It is very clear these are 2 completely different EA's. Time factor alone proves it. I look forward to cucurucu, david, mikejody, ryanklefas and others building a safe, profitable hedging EA together. I am not a coder but I love to forward test these new ideas. Count me in.

Right. We need to find the differences between them and incorporate them into a single version. I'd love to do it myself, but I'm up to my neck in homework and I really should be doing that right now.

EAs Don't Backtest...

Hi,

I've downloaded every EA version posted on this thread, none of them will backtest on any platform.

I'm not new to MT backtesting, so everything is set up correctly...

The timeline advances but there are no results whatsoever.

I tried the other recommendations like unchecking "use date", etc., but still nothing.

I have plenty of data and many platforms - nothing.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

W

WNW:
Hi,

I've downloaded every EA version posted on this thread, none of them will backtest on any platform.

I'm not new to MT backtesting, so everything is set up correctly...

The timeline advances but there are no results whatsoever.

I tried the other recommendations like unchecking "use date", etc., but still nothing.

I have plenty of data and many platforms - nothing.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

W

What kind of errors are you getting in the "Journal" tab. I'm assuming the lotsize is too small. Change it to 0.1 and then try it.