Momentum indicator - page 11

mladen:
For the sake of clarity and further development, that indicator should be rewritten It will be done as soon as possible

You the man ------------------>>>> always sure it will be top rate stuff boss! Meanwhile engaged in a crucial trade in Gold and depending on your (nl) Momentum and RSI+BO indicators. I am able to predict a total of 4 trades ahead by them. Now when (or if for those who do not believe indicators used analytically instead of indicatively can be depended upon to do stuff like that) I will tell you one or two things about how I employ the RSI_BO as I like to call it. Maybe it will interest you and spark something of a new application (I pray). But cheers in the meanwhile and remain great boss, you the man --)))

mladen:
Darkdoji

This is a cleaned up and corrected version of that indicator (it works when differential is set to 1 too) : t3_trix_roc_2.mq4

But, as I see, it is a signaling version that works well without being turned into histogram version

Much obliged boss and checking it out right now. I agree absolutely no need for a histogram version. What I had in mind though is slope color on lines 1 and 2 because a) that gives indication of "turning points" at the end of a run and b) analytically it is then possible to read the state of play as either corrective or trend, etc c) this can be done (especially in the higher time frames) early enough to bring the power of its awesome accuracy to bear on decisions. As is (i.e. without slope color) timing can be an issue because given certain nuances (especially when the fractal structure of the market is taken into consideration) it is not always necessary to enter on a crossover signal precisely. If one trades on the basis of reading TF -1, TF and TF+1 (as an integrated volatility envelope) the slope color on those lines becomes an incredible asset and especially for this indicator because I can swear by it. Cheers and hope you do not mind my lay views.

ps: A histogram cannot be employed analytically --> given the analysis is done with reference to the indicator mid line and the relative positions and slope directions of the two lines. So absolutely a histogram version would subtract rather than add functionality (in my humble opinion).

This version of momentum

Momentum in time indicator momemtintime.mq4

Files:

Multi time frame version of regularized momentum (histo) : regularized__momentum_histo_mtf.mq4

Thanks Mladen.

You are always generous.

mladen:
Multi time frame version of regularized momentum (histo) : regularized__momentum_histo_mtf.mq4

Looks useful. Did not notice it til now

Is there a tradestation version of it?

sebastianK:
Looks useful. Did not notice it til now Is there a tradestation version of it?

I did not make one

Will check it

mladen:
I did not make one Will check it

Found one version

Posted it at tradestation thread

sebastianK:
Found one version Posted it at tradestation thread

Thanks Now I don't have to look for it

mladen:
Thanks Now I don't have to look for it

Have a nice weekend