10point3 Hedge - page 4

moral of the story

jbfx:
Auto, Your statements are great. Keep posting them. Don't let the whiners drive you away because they have no idea how to do it. I love looking at a real EA making real money.

Thank you for your kind words. These are live links - so you can check them anytime.

Moral of the story - good EAs are possible. But the usual 1000 page threads of infinite variations of gridding is not the way! And if the concept is flawed no amount of settings will rescue it. (not intended for this thread).

Of course if you like the EAs - we can always team up. I already have a few joint ventures underway. More the merrier.

Feel free to send me your ideas.

And for rest of the gang who believe it doing it all alone, don't give up. I didn't.

thank you,

auto

I hope you dont mind

auto:
Thank you for your kind words. These are live links - so you can check them anytime.

Moral of the story - good EAs are possible. But the usual 1000 page threads of infinite variations of gridding is not the way! And if the concept is flawed no amount of settings will rescue it. (not intended for this thread).

Of course if you like the EAs - we can always team up. I already have a few joint ventures underway. More the merrier.

And for rest of the gang who believe it doing it all alone, don't give up. I didn't.

thank you,

auto

Mate, seriously, I dont think its not proper that you post your results here without sharing the EA. Its your right to keep the EA by yourself, but not in this section. Post it on the commercial site, I'm sure bunch of them will be interested on it.

Now, can we just focus on the development? I'm a receiver since many years, on TSD, on FF, SBFX, MQL4.... many of them. Its about time to contribute. Idea is free if we're not thinking of business. If we think of business, we'll go to the commercial area.

Regards,

David

auto:

thank you,

auto

I have no problem working on various ideas for EAs and helping/testing where i can. Of course having something to work on outside of some vague performance will help me out alot.

Thanx,

GK

auto, don't worry, I'm not desperate for any clues or hints on how a profitable EA works. I just like the idea that it is possible, and someone out there is doing it. That's all I need. I will not resort to petty whining and complaining to try to goat some clues out of you. Don't let someone else's jealousy or envy be the undoing of you. By posting your statements, that's enough for me.

I like your spaghetti.

jbfx = auto?

no games

team_geo_fxsignal:
jbfx = auto?

no time for games here. Talk to admin to confirm!

but yes, i'm surprised for the support.

thanks.

I wish I was auto, but unfortunately my timing for entries are not as good. Sometimes, I wonder if the statements are for real because I don't really see losses. I'm clearly impressed with his knack for finding a great entry. I just take a look and I figure I might learn something...hopefully I was a good learner. I took a look at the martingale too, it is very interesting, but it doesn't teach me anything about finding a good entry. So it's not for me, I like to sleep at night.

I just wonder why auto change from a longer term chart to more of a scalping short term chart. It seemed like the long term stuff was working very well for you, but I guess you figure that the shorter term stuff will get you more % gain.

looks like 76pips not a proper stop loss, because the stop loss triggered, and the market returned. The short position should have bailed with profit. Later I will change the stop loss to a higher figure, in order to change it to a better hedging situation

Files:
hedge.gif  5 kb
hedge.htm  14 kb

i got lucky it was about 3 pips to hit the stoploss

This is a totally different EA that I use on the hedge. Can you please post a screenshot on that thread? Besides, do you put the OnlyLong/OnlyShort on both charts? Can you please check whether the ExpertAdvisor tab is on "play" mode? The smiley is smilling or in bad mood? Or its a cross sign besides the EA name? I have no problem after the 1st compiling, and everything just work in order, everything is fine. Please check everything is in proper setup. Good trading

Regards,

David

Everything is setup properly. I am running the EA on IBFX. Allow live trading enabled, smiley face is shown, and I have 10point3V1.9c running on a 1HR chart of Euro, and 10point3V1.9e running on a seperate 1HR chart of Euro. Different magic numbers, all settings are default, etc.

Would it be possible for you to also post the EA that you are using for NF demo account #363471? Thanks in advance.