10point3 Hedge - page 2

davidke20:

for me, 10point3 is already a gold mine, a holy grail, its the matter of you guys put effort to extract it or purely rely on backtest.

that's great - congrants.

just for reference - how does the backtest(s) look? It can easily tell you how it will handle the NFP!

regards.

Taco Bell:
Sadly I must report that this EA is DOA out of the starting block. It seems riddled with bugs and is not designed very well. It placed a bunch of weird trades and drawdown was absurd and then it exploded in a horrible meltdown. I think this was a hurry-up programming hack job too. Doesn;t anyone around here know how to build something other than another martingale ea based on 10Point3? Where is the messiah? Where is the prophet? Where is the Moses that will lead us to profit?

Read my 1st post before you start posting. Now, get out from this thread and dont look back. We need productive post! Not wastage! Go and open your new thread if you like to, dont ever come back and polute our vision.

auto:
that's great - congrants.

just for reference - how does the backtest(s) look? It can easily tell you how it will handle the NFP!

regards.

hehe...may be you're right. I guess I really needed to put a TP instead of let the trailing stop to lead the way. How about 28? Meanwhile, I'm still at the meeting now, I'll go home and change my TP to 28.

proxy!

davidke20:
We need productive post! Not wastage! Go and open your new thread if you like to, dont ever come back and polute our vision.

David, you can ignore TB ... or shall i say 'sweetleaf' !

davidke20:
ah...sneak out from the meeting:D thank you guys for the effort on backtest, but you're testing on V1.9c, I'm sure there is no way that you can run both EA in 1 back test. That is the reason why I forward test. You dont have to belive me, you just need to belive my statement. All I need is a little effort on tweaking the TP/InitialStop/TrailingStop. I'm having a friendly match with grandpa.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175973/page3

We can clearly see how a disaster 1 direction martingale created, and 2 way martingale makes 180' turn. Read the statement carefully, where grandpa only open buy before he take a big hit, then immediately change direction after the CRAZY 26% drawdown. Mine is always close with profit and refer to the latest signal and open trade. Both us using same TP, InitialStop...everything is identical, look at the drawdown. Make a comparison. Do you want your life account once in a while hit to the low margin <100%? Or decide to let some profit to cover your asses on the opposite direction. I dont know whether this help. But for me, 10point3 is already a gold mine, a holy grail, its the matter of you guys put effort to extract it or purely rely on backtest.

edited: just a very quick test on a dump idea, if it aint workout after NFP, we just shut down, thats all. no big deal, if there is a chance to find out i'm wrong, why not? i sincerely hope you cant, because until then we're having a money printing machine from the feds....

I understand now. I'm not sure how I overlooked that. I will begin forward testing.

So far forward testing for a day and no trades.... Other results?

GK

gkozlyk:
So far forward testing for a day and no trades.... Other results? GK

I noticed this also. davidke's North Finance demo account is placing trades though. Is that account using the same EA?

full of data release

gkozlyk:
So far forward testing for a day and no trades.... Other results? GK

This week is eventful week - lots of data release. It will be a good test for all the countertrend strategies!

While we wait .. here are 2 live links to keep us entertained!

conservative - http://nolosstrades.tripod.com/spider/statement.htm (aim is 1% a week)

aggressive - http://nolosstrades.tripod.com/agg/statement.htm (aim is 5% a week)

Don't bother to analyse - you'll end up with spaghetti

The challenge is to maintain a straight line equity in both cases. Multi year Backtest says so .. let's see.

regards.

auto:
This week is eventful week - lots of data release. It will be a good test for all the countertrend strategies!

While we wait .. here are 2 live links to keep us entertained!

conservative - http://nolosstrades.tripod.com/spider/statement.htm (aim is 1% a week)

aggressive - http://nolosstrades.tripod.com/agg/statement.htm (aim is 5% a week)

Don't bother to analyse - you'll end up with spaghetti

The challenge is to maintain a straight line equity in both cases. Multi year Backtest says so .. let's see.

regards.

Looks good...what settings you using?

GK

There is also another question that I have. David mentioned this regarding this system in another thread:

I already forget about this trick for years, and I'm not interesting on small return on Hedging. Coz over the real trading desk, they wont allow me to trade long/short at the same time.

Is this true? If we were dealing directly through the interbank with a real broker and a large account, we can't trade the same pair long and short at the same time?