10point3 Hedge - page 3

Live

gkozlyk:
Looks good...what settings you using? GK

These are not 10-3. They are different EAs with martingale like MM. I run them live too - has proven to be stable. I post here for comparing different methods. It will be interesting.

regards.

auto:
These are not 10-3. They are different EAs with martingale like MM. I run them live too - has proven to be stable. I post here for comparing different methods. It will be interesting. regards.

That's fine if they aren't 10-3. I am always interested in good EAs or ones with good and consistant performance. What are these based on, if i do dare to ask?

Thanx,

GK

gkozlyk:
That's fine if they aren't 10-3. I am always interested in good EAs or ones with good and consistant performance. What are these based on, if i do dare to ask?

Thanx,

GK

I believe this is auto's own EA which has not been made public. Why he likes to post it and tease people, I have no idea. I don't have a big problem with it, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

auto:
These are not 10-3. They are different EAs with martingale like MM. I run them live too - has proven to be stable. I post here for comparing different methods. It will be interesting. regards.

are you trying to manage people fund or what?

If it is a teaser performance, i have yet to understand why people do that, esp in a forum where generally people work together on EAs to make them better.

Even if the performance is good and the message is posted to lure others into a managed account scenario, I would find it hard to give any amount of monies to an unsecure and unknown trader with no track record and/or relationship and/or insurance/bonding to preserve the initial balance +/- losses of course (bankrupcy, disappearance, HYIP/ponzi scam, etc...)

This type of "horse and carrot" enticing has happened on another thread here recently and it kind of drives me nuts as this type of activity should be in a seperate area like "commercial/managed Mt4 scripts" and not mingled in the general area where cooperative development is supposed to be.

Now we should probably try to steer back to the 10-3 development before we get too far down a rabbit trail

GK

no worries

I meant it to be a interesting comparision - and a public audit. But since you folks do not like it - i'll leave you to your development. goodluck.

auto:

Mate, I have no intention to race with you. But I'm in the middle of having aggressive friendly match with Yeoeleven. Meanwhile, your EA is doing not bad, and I find them really consistant. Ofcourse, I know the core of success on your EA. And I'm sure all the Martingale EA works that way, only thing is tweak abit on the direction, the rest is all because of your settings.

This thread we're discussion on Hedging method, therefor, 1 side martingale we put it away 1st. After running it 1 day, I found that my the pip step not supposed to be too far, as for the stop loss is too near for a hedging EA, I still have no idea whether its good or bad, but lets see how far it can drag us. The reason I put focus on hedging is because I'm thinking of the dangerous of Martingale, when you got in to a bull run or bear market, it will be no turning back and trigger your exit no more. Therefor, a hedging position might be can reduce the maxxed out margin situation. I've changed those settings to TP28, the rest leave them as default. I will seriously consider this is another project that can help you guys up, besides my own development on the other type of EAs.

Auto,

Your statements are great. Keep posting them. Don't let the whiners drive you away because they have no idea how to do it. I love looking at a real EA making real money.

Hedging is good on retail broker

aegis:
Is this true? If we were dealing directly through the interbank with a real broker and a large account, we can't trade the same pair long and short at the same time?

For a retail broker, normally they allow hedging, because there is no direct dealing with the interbank market. Its only a market maker that they do exchange within their client. Below 5 lots, they always allow hedging. On the interbank market, your broker will screw you up if you open hedging, they will play a prank on the price quote, make you lose money with the quotes. They even dare to quote you 50points away. How do we trade during announcement? We actaully not trading during announcement, but we trade before the announcement, and close position before the financial event and park orders ahead market price, whether decide to continue the previous trend, or reverse trading. No hedging is allowed. At the same time, some difficulties on park positions, that it normally get slippage a lot, requote is tremendously wide range during news event, therefor, we normally not trading the NFP at all. But, I'm sure you can make a big chunk with hedging on retail broker, therefor, I like to play this game as well. On my sub account, I can always multiply my account easily, but for the main, 20% a months is a very very good month, and should have thank god for that.

auto:
I meant it to be a interesting comparision - and a public audit. But since you folks do not like it - i'll leave you to your development. goodluck.

make your own thread sir...hopefully people like jbrx will ask you to manage his money