very nice $100 a day with stops and tp

have you posted this version?

are the settings the same on all currencies

interesting.........

Perky:
well these are the results on 1 hour eur

gbp results coming in....... posting soon

I recommend forward tests only at this stage

Thanks again for sharing your work. It looks really nice.

I looked into the code in the meantime and got how you meant the the remark on the lookup cycle.

Yes, sure I will make some test before going live.

Apoligies for the state of GBP backtest its not so good

1000 to 6600 in 3 months

lol

Perky:
very nice $100 a day with stops and tp

have you posted this version?

are the settings the same on all currencies

interesting.........

It is an improved version of the one I have posted already, not ready for releasing.

All currencies have exactly the same settings.

- Using max orders 10 with pips 5 where above 6 orders we start losing.

- Entry signal: only JMA 1H

I added the following features:

- ATR(5) filter (currently enforced to trade only below 80)

- Order closing in loop

- Individual TPs for each order, add 3 pips for orders > 1 to compensate for slippage

- Delayed entry for 1st order: Enter only if we can enter for a price N pips better within M minutes

The delayed entry seems to be quite effective both on backtests and on live demo. Prevents you to jump into very fast moving markets which cause most trouble. Of course, if you are already in there, this doesn't help ...

ill look forward to you releasing it

will you be posting it to this thread? or starting a new one?

Perky:
ill look forward to you releasing it will you be posting it to this thread? or starting a new one?

Well, I am still working on improvements. We already have quite some inflation ...

First, I want to see what bluto will give us soon, maybe most of my stuff will be obsolate (?)

Perky:
im using the perky method of fine cuisine,deportment and good trading

:-)

oh and this indicator

and expert

it also uses turbo JMA

I have placed the settings for eur 1 hour into default in the expert

chf doesnt die but not as productive

GBP im backtesting now

if this doesnt die from 1dec 2006 it never will ( I hope)

Here goes a backtest statement for a little longer period of time with promising results. I modified the settings a bit. We can see large negative floats around holidays (Thanksgiving Day, New Year) so it proves that it is worth to shut down the EA before holidays.

Files:
statements.rar  21 kb

alassio:
It is an improved version of the one I have posted already, not ready for releasing.

All currencies have exactly the same settings.

- Using max orders 10 with pips 5 where above 6 orders we start losing.

- Entry signal: only JMA 1H

I added the following features:

- ATR(5) filter (currently enforced to trade only below 80)

- Order closing in loop

- Individual TPs for each order, add 3 pips for orders > 1 to compensate for slippage

- Delayed entry for 1st order: Enter only if we can enter for a price N pips better within M minutes

The delayed entry seems to be quite effective both on backtests and on live demo. Prevents you to jump into very fast moving markets which cause most trouble. Of course, if you are already in there, this doesn't help ...

Alassio,

Your work is serious and always based scientifically. So I would just ask a couple of questions again:

- I think ATR(5) means the average true range calculated by taking an average of the true ranges over the previous five days. What is then the probability of

ATR(today) <= ATR(5) ?

- Your solution with delayed entry is new for me. How can you or your formula decide the price that gives N pips better within M minutes?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

chrisstoff:
Alassio,

Your work is serious and always based scientifically. So I would just ask a couple of questions again:

- I think ATR(5) means the average true range calculated by taking an average of the true ranges over the previous five days. What is then the probability of

ATR(today) <= ATR(5) ?

- Your solution with delayed entry is new for me. How can you or your formula decide the price that gives N pips better within M minutes?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

The ATR(5)<90 filter is simply an implementation of Dave's advice to avoid trading with Goblin Bipolar when volatility is too high (for its settings). See a few posts earlier.

Delayed entry: When there is a signal for a new trade, the first order is only opened when price retraces a bit such that we get a slightly better entry than opening the order immediately. Currently I wait for a 5 pips better entry within the next 5-10 mins. If this doesn't happen (timeout), we wait for the next signal (which may still be there).

This method is supposed to get better entries when using RSX and is supposed to slightly improve probabilities. Testing however suggests that it is useful as a general filter and it seems to reduce my losers better than it reduces overall trade rate. This is one of my experimental features that brings me near a 3% loser rate.

alassio:
The ATR(5)<90 filter is simply an implementation of Dave's advice to avoid trading with Goblin Bipolar when volatility is too high (for its settings). See a few posts earlier.

Yes, I saw that but thought you found a statistical probability background as well.

alassio:

Delayed entry: When there is a signal for a new trade, the first order is only opened when price retraces a bit such that we get a slightly better entry than opening the order immediately. Currently I wait for a 5 pips better entry within the next 5-10 mins. If this doesn't happen (timeout), we wait for the next signal (which may still be there).

This method is supposed to get better entries when using RSX and is supposed to slightly improve probabilities. Testing however suggests that it is useful as a general filter and it seems to reduce my losers better than it reduces overall trade rate. This is one of my experimental features that brings me near a 3% loser rate.

Thank you for the explanation.