Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 23

Goblin Bipolar latest version problem

This is my latest Goblin test started yesterday.

Version from 12.28.2006.

I think something may be wrong here...

Timeframe: M15

Settings:

SystemWideParms=** Goblin Systemwide Parameters **

LotSize=0.10000000

UseMoneyMgmt=1

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

TargetEquityToCloseAndReset=0.00000000

RiskPercent=2

UseFiboLotSizeProgression=0

UseConservativeRSX_Signals=1

RSX_Period=17

RSX_Timeframe=60

UseSMATrendFilter=1

TrendFilterSMATimeFrame=60

TrendFilterFastSMAPeriod=65

TrendFilterMediumSMAPeriod=20

TrendFilterSlowSMAPeriod=7

LongTradeParms=** Goblin Buy Side Parameters **

LongTakeProfit=15.00000000

LongInitialStop=1.00000000

LongTrailingStop=10.00000000

LongMaxTrades=5

LongPips=5

LongSecureProfit=10

LongAccountProtection=0

LongOrderstoProtect=0

ShortTradeParms=** Goblin Sell Side Parameters **

ShortTakeProfit=15.00000000

ShortInitialStop=1.00000000

ShortTrailingStop=10.00000000

ShortMaxTrades=5

ShortPips=5

ShortSecureProfit=10

ShortAccountProtection=0

ShortOrderstoProtect=0

not opening trades for me either

Test

I made a short time (i.e. slightly less than 24 hours) stress test on Goblin Bipolar. Time Frame: H1.

I ran two copies of Goblin (with different Magic Numbers) on the same account on the four majors. (Please, don't get me wrong, it was only a test - I rather mean: stress test - and I would never do this on a live account...)

Before the 24 hours test period passed I manually closed the open positions.

Files:

tomstaufer:
This is my latest Goblin test started yesterday.

Version from 12.28.2006.

I think something may be wrong here...

Timeframe: M15

Settings:

SystemWideParms=** Goblin Systemwide Parameters **

LotSize=0.10000000

UseMoneyMgmt=1

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

TargetEquityToCloseAndReset=0.00000000

RiskPercent=2

UseFiboLotSizeProgression=0

UseConservativeRSX_Signals=1

RSX_Period=17

RSX_Timeframe=60

UseSMATrendFilter=1

TrendFilterSMATimeFrame=60

TrendFilterFastSMAPeriod=65

TrendFilterMediumSMAPeriod=20

TrendFilterSlowSMAPeriod=7

LongTradeParms=** Goblin Buy Side Parameters **

LongTakeProfit=15.00000000

LongInitialStop=1.00000000

LongTrailingStop=10.00000000

LongMaxTrades=5

LongPips=5

LongSecureProfit=10

LongAccountProtection=0

LongOrderstoProtect=0

ShortTradeParms=** Goblin Sell Side Parameters **

ShortTakeProfit=15.00000000

ShortInitialStop=1.00000000

ShortTrailingStop=10.00000000

ShortMaxTrades=5

ShortPips=5

ShortSecureProfit=10

ShortAccountProtection=0

ShortOrderstoProtect=0

Two things I can see....M15 timeframe is not appropriate for this EA. Stopouts are going to kill you. You need to run it on H1 at a minimum. H4 has also proven to be effective. Also, you're using the SMA filter which will limit the number of trades. I'm thinking of removing that option from the EA altogether.

targetequity ?

very impressed with this EA so far but I do have a question/problem.

If I enter any value other than 0 in the "targetequitycloseandreset" param it instantly closes all positions and continues to issue multiple alerts that all positions have been closed even when no new orders have been placed.

am i missing something here? all settings are default

thanks

cosborn:

If I enter any value other than 0 in the "targetequitycloseandreset" param it instantly closes all positions and continues to issue multiple alerts that all positions have been closed even when no new orders have been placed.

thanks

I have the same problem.

Before I had the value set for 8 and it worked and now it does not work anymore.

Ganja:
regular goblinfib 2 years backtest, with SL , without MM , 4h tf

Very impressive results with an unique setting. Is there any particular reason that you chose the pair of USD/JPY? How are about Eur/USD and GBP/USD?

I don't know why I can't do any backtesting with either FXDD and IBFX at the moment.

cosborn:

thanks

What is your current equity and what value are you placing in that setting?

(See my response in post to this same issue #233 below)

ericbach:
I have the same problem. Before I had the value set for 8 and it worked and now it does not work anymore.

This setting is for equity in terms of money/currency. Let's say you're in the U.S. and your equity is expressed as dollars, and you have $2,000 to trade with. The way this setting works is you enter a value such as $2,500...in other words, once your trades have profited and your equity reaches $2,500, you want the EA to close out all positions. This idea was proposed by xxDavidxSxx as a way to lock in profits and start over fresh. If you're putting something like a value of 8 in there, that's telling the EA to close all orders when your equity reaches $8...not what you want....you're doomed right from the start and won't be able to open any trades.

Now here's the catch with this setting...once you reach your target equity, the system will close orders and stop, but you'll have to enter a new target equity manually, such as say $3,000 and then restart the EA....there's no way the EA can be programmed to update the target equity setting with the new value and restart. I've been thinking about maybe revising this single setting to instead provide a series of stepped settings where you can enter "Equity Target Cutoffs" where once a cutoff is reached, the open order closure is triggered but the EA can keep on trading without being halted. I haven't done anything yet because I haven't gotten any feedback on this feature or whether anyone is really even using it.

Ganja:
regular goblinfib 2 years backtest, with SL , without MM , 4h tf

Nice results, but please post anything having to do with the Regular Goblin in that thread and anything having to do with Goblin BiPolar in this thread. People are going to start getting confused as to which EA is doing what. Thanks.

By the way, I noticed that you've got the Reversal flag set to true so this thing will trade countertrend. What was your logic behind this?