MY TURTLES EA - need Testers - page 4

HA! I know what you mean. The method calls for placing your entry points at least 1 tick above the 20/55 day highs. Still doesn't get rid of your problem though.

Only way to correct the problem is to base the system off of 5-10 day price break outs so levels drop quicker and don't require you buy at established S/R levels. I'm sure you see the problem in doing this though.

yeoeleven:
Looking good. John

yes trending is good....ranging is out

Comments from tester pls

Hello again, so hows it going for all the testers? have you found any new program errors and other problems? if so pls post it here. I myself havnt found any new bugs, ive seen all the function work as they should, the trailing exit works great, it places reentry points at exact prices as well as the break even after pips is working fine.

So if you find any new bugs pls post it here, if there are no more errors we can move on to the fun part. Optimizing this baby to make it super profitable!!

Thanks again to all testers,

Mikhail.

Strategy Test

Hello All,

I can no longer wait to start sharing ideas to find the most profitable settings so I will start it off. Below Ive attached the strategy tester report of this EA, it was able to turn $25,000 into $116,323in the fallowing market and conditions.

Symbol GBPUSD (Great Britain Dollar vs. United States Dollar)

Period Daily (D1) 2003.09.01 00:00 - 2006.12.20 00:00 (2003.09.01 - 2006.12.20)

Now this is using the Original turtles setup, without The Breakeven ATR. And Note that this is using fixed lots of 1, and maximum of 4 units. When we add the money management in the program we could expect this profit values to dramatically increase. All this profits was generated just from 5 profitable trades in the period of 2 years!

But its not all good news. The drawback is that we also have drawdowns which have the fallowing values:

Maximal drawdown 26146.78 (30.35%)

Relative drawdown 30.35% (26146.78)

if we unluckily started during this drawdown period the initial $25000 would have been completely wiped out even before we get a profitable trade.

So the challenge here is now how to reduce these drawdowns. banzas suggestion on his last post is very good, will try to code this later to see how it works out.

Another thing we must find is the best timeframe and the best currency pair that could maximize the potential of this method.

Your suggestion are very welcome and are the lifeblood of this EA, so please keep those great ideas coming!

please find attached below the Strategy Test results that I am referring to.

TURTLE POWER!

Kind regards and a firm handshake,

Mikhail

mikhaildgreat:
Hello again, so hows it going for all the testers? have you found any new program errors and other problems? if so pls post it here. I myself havnt found any new bugs, ive seen all the function work as they should, the trailing exit works great, it places reentry points at exact prices as well as the break even after pips is working fine.

So if you find any new bugs pls post it here, if there are no more errors we can move on to the fun part. Optimizing this baby to make it super profitable!!

Thanks again to all testers,

Mikhail.

I testing 4 pair, TF H1.

Statement ok, profit. But I don't know, why any orders (pending and execute) are without STOPLOSS.

frantacech:
I testing 4 pair, TF H1. Statement ok, profit. But I don't know, why any orders (pending and execute) are without STOPLOSS.

Hello thank you for testing the EA. This EA employs the turtle method which doesnt have a fixed TP, so EA really doesnt have TP. What it has is trailing stop based on the exit low and exit high. you can find those values on the upper left hand side of your chart. if your position is long you should look at the "exit low" this is the value where the EA will place trail stop, while exit low value is below the last opened price trail stop will not kick in. The default is the 20 barlookback Low and high to calculate this exit. so with your setup you may wait up to 20 hours before this stop kicks in. Im prone to change this into exitbarlookback 5 so that the trail stop kicks in much sooner. But default is as stated in original turtles, which is designed to give the market some room to retrace.

Thanks again for testing,

Mikhail

frantacech:
I testing 4 pair, TF H1. Statement ok, profit. But I don't know, why any orders (pending and execute) are without STOPLOSS.

sorry i tought you were referring to Tp. yes I noticed your statement and some orders dont have stopLoss! this is not right. Thank you for pointing this out, I already know where the problem me be. I will post the updated version soon.

Regards,

Mikhail

mikhaildgreat:
Hello thank you for testing the EA. This EA employs the turtle method which doesnt have a fixed TP, so EA really doesnt have TP. What it has is trailing stop based on the exit low and exit high. you can find those values on the upper left hand side of your chart. if your position is long you should look at the "exit low" this is the value where the EA will place trail stop, while exit low value is below the last opened price trail stop will not kick in. The default is the 20 barlookback Low and high to calculate this exit. so with your setup you may wait up to 20 hours before this stop kicks in. Im prone to change this into exitbarlookback 5 so that the trail stop kicks in much sooner. But default is as stated in original turtles, which is designed to give the market some room to retrace.

Thanks again for testing,

Mikhail

Ok, thanks for your reply. I run this forward test online 24x7.

But without disaster SL, if big news and big move or crash PC or internet...?

I think, any SL for disaster plane need.