MY TURTLES EA - need Testers - page 13

looksa like the new version never came out, thats unfortunate because it looked like it had great potential. Does anyone have a good turtle EA that actually works fine without issues?

Hello

I use this expert since this week on graph Renko 10.

the parameters used :

Max unit 4

Entry 20

Exit 10

ATR Period 20

SL multiple 2

Re Entry 0.5

ATR Breakeven 2

Lock profit 50 pips / 30%

the test is on a capital of $ 1,000 and lots 0.02.

This EA has already been used on graph Renko ?

Sorry for my imperfect English

Let's revive this sucka.

The turtles made tons of money by getting into long term trends and riding them like tidal waves. They also got out early if the trend didn't materialize. Richard Dennis supposedly lost tons of money in last fews years. I think to be true to the system the lot size should be limited by the ATR based on pips and account size. If stopped out, the system only took the next trend if the last trend didn't pan out. Also I think it has to be traded on a daily chart to really catch the trend. of course the lot size has to be small to counteract the large daily swings that are experienced. I heard of a swing trader who is up 16,000 pips on the year. Seeing that number we all think that means huge bankable income, but I assume the system probably has HUGE drawdowns which neccistates a very small lot sizes. his might be what is need in this case.

The coding of this system is very intense much beyond my coding abilities;

but the problems I see with this Turtle system are:

1) daily charts

2) should be buying on tic data, not on stops

3) lot sizes based on the atr variable

4) Adding to positions as the trade moves profitably based on the ATR values.

What do you think, any coders out ther who want to donate some time to the complexities.

Jim

OrderSend error 130

Hello to All,

I tested this EA but for some instruments i constantly get "Ordersend error #130" in the Exprts tab e.g. on the Dow CFD or Sugar CFD. Bytheway i am testing this with non forex instruments as well. Is that the reason? I got it with a forex instrument in the past also (EURUSD). Does anybody know how to fix the code if it needs fixing.

Thank you

Turtles trading, maximum number of positions

Hello to All,

Looking at turtlesrules.pdf (google it), the turtles were allowed to trade securities picked from a list of 21 different futures markets (page 10-11). Since in theory they were only allowed to go 12 units long and/or 12 units short with a maximum of 4 units per market this means they could only open maximum of 6 different markets (3 long, 4 units each and / or 3 short , 4 units each).

The markets they chose, they had to trade them consistently (no further additions or eliminations from their list). So if they could only hold a max of six different markets, did they only choose 6 markets from the above list of 21 and trade those consistently, without changing them throughout the lifetime of the experiment? Or did they have a list, bigger than 6 and traded around that list. if that is the case, how did they choose which markets to trade each time from their chosen list

Regards

AceofAce

5 decimals

i test this ea

but i got a lot of errors

have a version working on 5dec or setting correct to share ?

thanks

Fixed Order Send Error 130

AceofAce:
Hello to All,

I tested this EA but for some instruments i constantly get "Ordersend error #130" in the Exprts tab e.g. on the Dow CFD or Sugar CFD. Bytheway i am testing this with non forex instruments as well. Is that the reason? I got it with a forex instrument in the past also (EURUSD). Does anybody know how to fix the code if it needs fixing.

Thank you

I had the same problem forward testing on my demo account.

Fixed it by changing a bit of script.

All I did was changed this bit of code:

spread = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD);

to:

if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD) > 20) spread = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD);

else spread = 20;

The problem I found was that the EA was trying to send BuyStop Orders too close to the actually price of the market. The EA looks like it does allow for this by using the spread but the broker I'm with doesn't allow orders within 20 pips of the market price. Other Brokers could be different so adjust the two 20 values according to what your broker allows.

Seems to work alright now though ... Only problem is that the display for the EA shows a 20 pip spread all the time, which I'm lazy to fix at the moment :P

But we shall see how it goes

Hope that helped

chrisdigity:
I had the same problem forward testing on my demo account.

Fixed it by changing a bit of script.

All I did was changed this bit of code:

spread = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD);

to:

if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD) > 20) spread = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD);

else spread = 20;

The problem I found was that the EA was trying to send BuyStop Orders too close to the actually price of the market. The EA looks like it does allow for this by using the spread but the broker I'm with doesn't allow orders within 20 pips of the market price. Other Brokers could be different so adjust the two 20 values according to what your broker allows.

Seems to work alright now though ... Only problem is that the display for the EA shows a 20 pip spread all the time, which I'm lazy to fix at the moment :P

But we shall see how it goes

Hope that helped

done but i got allways a hell of ordersenderror

the backtest are broker sensitive. You may get errors if the broker is using a market execution method. Which means the stoploss and takeprofits will not be entered when placing trade. But they can be modified by using the ordermodify function after the trade is opened.

Cheers

hello kesavan

thavachelvankesavan:
the backtest are broker sensitive. You may get errors if the broker is using a market execution method. Which means the stoploss and takeprofits will not be entered when placing trade. But they can be modified by using the ordermodify function after the trade is opened. Cheers

If you were a coder would you modify this EA which is my EA which uses price action channel ( of course parallel to donchian) but is better profitable than donchian view this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I have attached the price action channels and cci EA in it.,But the price action channels work wrong while it doesn't trade at exact signals nor cut at channel crossings as I intended the programmer to do .

so if you can do it I would be happy to be with Indian touch again., I am not a coder.

regards

swami nair