Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 31

Hello Simba,

I am totally perplexed!

Comparing xpMA_v2SATL to the latest version of xpMA(v9), the trend change location is different for the SATL signal.

Would like to use xpma(v9) cause it has some extra features which I like but the change trend direction could sometimes be off by 4 hrs.

Is there something that I am missing?

Below are some screen shots of this.

Thanks,

Ericbach

Files:
xpma_v2satl.gif  50 kb
xpma.gif  51 kb

Help!

I downloaded the indicators and template at start of this thread, when i opened up chart and put on template all I got was a normal plain chart with the Williams%R on the bottom. I then put on the 3 indicators that were in the start of this thread, all I get is two wavey moving averages, it must be the XPMAs, and the SATL moving average. I would like my charts the same as yours in the start of this thread, the ones with the jaggerdy blue and red line going across the price and the blue and red bar along the bottom etc.

Can someone who managed to get Simbas indicators working on the charts post their indicators with the template so I can try and again please?

Thank you.

fred:
I downloaded the indicators and template at start of this thread, when i opened up chart and put on template all I got was a normal plain chart with the Williams%R on the bottom. I then put on the 3 indicators that were in the start of this thread, all I get is two wavey moving averages, it must be the XPMAs, the SATL doesn;'t seem to work. I would like my charts the same as yours in the start of this thread, the ones with the jaggerdy blue and red line going across the price and the blue and red bar along the bottom etc.

Can someone who managed to get Simbas indicators working on the charts post their indictors with the template so I can try and again please?

Thank you.

Fred,

please go to post 305 and read it. On 1 min chart use the ChandelierStop60min(together with chandelierStops_v1) Indicator I attached, set Williams' Percent Range to 90 periods and write what you are thinking about the TPs in Post 305. Simba will continue this thread, be patient

KptMisiu

Erichbach

ericbach:
Hello Simba,

I am totally perplexed!

Comparing xpMA_v2SATL to the latest version of xpMA(v9), the trend change location is different for the SATL signal.

Would like to use xpma(v9) cause it has some extra features which I like but the change trend direction could sometimes be off by 4 hrs.

Is there something that I am missing?

Below are some screen shots of this.

Thanks,

Ericbach

OK,then compare the version I posted with actual 4h SATL,there will be no difference in slope,phase,whatever(only the colours )...SO,IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENCE..man..check with SATL..SATL4H is what we are trying to represent(with colours,slopes,arrows,alarms,whatever)--so.check with the real thing,and ,if you still have a problem..check the pics

Regards

Simba

Files:

Fred

fred:
I downloaded the indicators and template at start of this thread, when i opened up chart and put on template all I got was a normal plain chart with the Williams%R on the bottom. I then put on the 3 indicators that were in the start of this thread, all I get is two wavey moving averages, it must be the XPMAs, and the SATL moving average. I would like my charts the same as yours in the start of this thread, the ones with the jaggerdy blue and red line going across the price and the blue and red bar along the bottom etc.

Can someone who managed to get Simbas indicators working on the charts post their indicators with the template so I can try and again please?

Thank you.

Hi Fred,

Please post a pic of the screen that you got and I will help you to correct it..

To post a pic,just go to Mt4 and file/save as picture(preferably.gif)..you screen.

Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
OK,then compare the version I posted with actual 4h SATL,there will be no difference in slope,phase,whatever(only the colours )...SO,IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENCE..man..check with SATL..SATL4H is what we are trying to represent(with colours,slopes,arrows,alarms,whatever)--so.check with the real thing,and ,if you still have a problem..check the pics

Regards

Simba

Okay, I just figured it out!

For the indicator XPMA, the "step_period" setting default value is 4 and should be changed to 1. Now the red/yellow/blue trend change location matches up with xpma_v3satl location.

Regards,

Eric

ENTRY ON 5M Tuesday

Hi everybody,

Tonight we had a successful entry on the 5m tf,it was late night,and I didn`t take it...Please see pic.

We have had several successful1m entries,but ,as I explained yesterday,the situation,with price below/near the SATL,and related analysis showing the possibility of a temporary top,suggests that it is better that we keep on the 5m tf.

If price breaks the Chand,while SATL still blue,we can have the interesting situation of having the possibility of trading both sides..as a trading range strategy..would you do it?This is why I suggested KptMisiu to play with the Chand..What happens when Chand and SATL are opposite?Can you play both sides of the%R?If yes..on what tf,1M,5M ,and..where do you put the stop?Should you wait for an alignment?..Why don`t you play with the Chand so as to know the answer before the situation arises?

Try it..and enjoy it

Simba

Files:
entry5m.gif  17 kb

Hey Simba,

What is going on with the 4hr satl signal lately? Does this mean to just wait for a strong Williams signal and just range trade for now or wait for the big breakout?

New Signals Monday 15 Jan+ericbach

ericbach:
Okay, I just figured it out!

For the indicator XPMA, the "step_period" setting default value is 4 and should be changed to 1. Now the red/yellow/blue trend change location matches up with xpma_v3satl location.

Regards,

Eric

Hi Ericbach and everybody,

Ericbach:Glad to hear you found the problem..SATL is responsive and consistent so,you do not need to filter additionally with steps..

Everybody:there were several new signals,on 1M Tf ,one tonight and 2 during this morning,around 08:23 to 09:10 GMT..depending on which you took ,you should be long Gbpusd at around 1.9595/1.9600..I took the first "european morning" @1.9600,only half my usual position since Chand was more than 50 pips away,exited at 1.9657(once we passed the resistance2..so I did a 50pips TP(with an extra..;))..personal reasons why I took this TP are:first that we started this "uptrend" the past Monday,and these kind of 4H uptrends tend to trend for approx 1 week(from 3/4 days to 3 weeks..but the most frequent period is approx one week),second:today is Martin Luther king day,so,we will have the usual noisy volatility related to very light trading-theoretically -in the European afternoon..and third that my SimbaConMan indicator,applied as an analysis tool in the 1h tf,tells me that,for the moment,this run can be temporarily over..see pics.

It is very probable that we can have additional signals today,on the 1M tf,but for the reasons explained before,I think it is more prudent to avoid taking them,and stick to the 5M tf..also take care if you see that the price goes near or below the BLUE SATL..I have seen many Monday to Friday/Monday,or Tuesday to Friday/Tuesday 4h trends,so,on the back of my mind there is the possibility of a reversal today or tomorrow..which we will trade only if confirmed by either the SATL,or the Chandelier alternative strategy that KptMisiu is trying as per previous posts.

Theories,feelings,hunches are good,as long as you do not trade on them and keep trading the hard signals...;)

Regards

Simba

Files:

Wednesday 17 Jan+erichbach

ericbach:
Hey Simba, What is going on with the 4hr satl signal lately? Does this mean to just wait for a strong Williams signal and just range trade for now or wait for the big breakout?

Hi Everybody and specially Erichbach,

SIGNALS:NO SIGNALS,as I mentioned,in this situation-price below blue Satl- it is better to work on the 5m tf..but as per the rules,if Chand and Satl are in opposite directions..we do not trade..there was an invalid signal yesterday afternoon(would have worked..again) cancelled by the Chand position..again.

We are receiving a lot of info from this kind of contradictory signals about market situation,so,at least we get something from the market;).Please see pic.

Erichbach:Good question,do not range trade..just wait..and you can invest your time by checking in the near past what happened when we had a similar situation of opposition between Satl and Chand..would the signals-taken as range trades,both sides,just the %R-have worked?in what tf?..then please post your comments,but for the moment,when Chand and Satl are opposing..do not trade..and when they are not opposing,but price is below blue Satl or above red Satl..just use the 5M tf..use the 1m tf only when everything is postal card perfect..ie: price above/below blue/red Satl and Chand in agreement.

Take special care today..we have 3 different"USD" events concentrated in time from 14:30 to 15:15 CET..PPI,TIC,IND Production...and then we have

the decision about Japan rates,no fixed time but around 19:00EST..this latest can create lots of noise today in the USD trough USDJPY trading

Enjoy

Simba

Files: