Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 17

zathar:
I extended the Williams' PR to give alerts as per Simba's rules. It's hard coded to use 5 minute GBPUSD at 90 periods... It's my first code in MetaTrader, hope it's not too ugly Anyway, maybe someone finds it useful...

You need to correct the vertical scale for %R to -5 and -95. I tried putting in the level on the indicator, just -5 will not show up.

et_phonehome_2:
You need to correct the vertical scale for %R to -5 and -95. I tried putting in the level on the indicator, just -5 will not show up.

Just set "Fixed maximum" to 0 (it's on the first tab, 'Common') when adding the indicator.

Edit: Here's the new version, which sets the levels automatically and adds the -5 and -95 lines.

zathar:
Just set "Fixed maximum" to 0 (it's on the first tab, 'Common') when adding the indicator. Edit: Here's the new version, which sets the levels automatically and adds the -5 and -95 lines.

Here is another improvement for your Alerts.

I just added an email alert which will send an alert to your email address set up in metatrader and also which I have configured to forward to my cell phone.

Still needs to be tested out to verify if this works correctly.

ericbach:
Here is another improvement for your Alerts.

I just added an email alert which will send an alert to your email address set up in metatrader and also which I have configured to forward to my cell phone.

Still needs to be tested out to verify if this works correctly.

Yes it works, but too many alerts.

Just added another little piece of code to limit alerts to one per every 5min bar. Lets see if this works.

k3iroll:

Try this template ... I've included all the indicators that I think are being used by Simba.

K3iroll, thank you! Your template works great. You were also kind enough, to add hourly signal.

Thank you again!

Mario

trader79:

I just loaded the template posted by Simba, it works fine.

You guys need to compile each one of those indicators by opening...

His last template? This is rather strange. I gree about compiling indicators, to assure proper work. But if template don't call that indicator....

I was manually reading template and searching for indicators that needed to be loaded and didn't find any else that i posted before.

Anyway, tis is past now. (but is strange lol)

Mario

CP6:

...but i have serious problem here,

williams give different signal with a same setup...which 1 should i trust ?...williams at fxdd touch -5 then i enter...when i open real acc at NF, williams just reach medium of -5/-95...any idea simba ?

First my apology if already answered, but i'm answering as I'm reading past msgs (always in delay lol)

CP6, unfortunatelly, different brokers are providing different (non)quality of signals, especially on demo accounts. So first task would be, to find a broker, which DEMO signals don't differ too much from REAL signals. That way, there shouldn't bee too big negative suprise when someone switch from demo to real account.

There are some pictures on Phoenix forum (can't find the link) of signal compared from FXDD and some other broker IBFX i think. That IBFX's signal is jumping all over the place, spiking up, and sinking down, sometimes 10 pips and more. While FXDD signals was firm, steady. Now imagine, if you would use Symba (or some other) system with the first broker - you would probably end up with many false buy/sell signals, right? So answer to your first question is..... hard. lol If both would be demo accounts I would go with FXDD. But since other one is real... real should be better... should, but it is!?

Now, don't understand me wrong. I don't claiming, that IBFX is no good. Their REAL data may be as good as FXDD or better, who knows. But looks like that quality of their demo signal is not too good, so it is harder to do some reliable forward testing.

So looks like, that we will need (with all sistems) to put more weight on brokers and their data for forward testing. I'm suggesting, that later, when we will start posting results and pips, that we also include broker we are using. That way, we may find out, which broker is better for Symba.

Something similar we are doing on Phoenix forum. We liked FXDD demo data and we will now set real account with them, and two other brokers and we will try to figure out, which broker gives us best gain. Then we may all open real accounts there if Phoenix start making some consistent pips . So you guys may wanna peak there from time to time, just for this info, if nothing else.

If all this was already posted, my apology

Mario

I am not a Programmer but if you look at the code,

#MTF_xpMA_v2SATL references(USES) xpMA_v2SATL and it in turn calls(USES) SATL.

So you need those two other indicators for #MTF indicator to work.

So it is not strange.

alamanjani:
His last template? This is rather strange. I gree about compiling indicators, to assure proper work. But if template don't call that indicator....

I was manually reading template and searching for indicators that needed to be loaded and didn't find any else that i posted before.

Anyway, tis is past now. (but is strange lol)

Mario

I closed mine with -142 pips down today

closed my first trade with this system, with -133 pips. Luckily demo Waiting for buy signal now.