Live Testing reports - page 36

AZBOfin:
do you trade in mode1 with multiple open trades or do you trade in mode3?

but you're right, my IBFX accounts are in a nose dive as well compared to 3 weeks ago.

for IBFX i am having (at least i had) great results on USDCHF and GBPUSD (default settings, mode3).

weekly results since Nov/2006:

USDCHF 130,585,260,0,418,0,307,494,390,0,-480,-240 pips

GBPUSD 302,247,280,330,385,294,-392,919,90,259,-221,0 pips

USDJPY (FXDD account) 252,378,504 pips since jan 15th.

not too bad IMHO, it'll bounce back

AZBOfin

I have been testing in mode 1 and have the same nose-diving results(down about 3 G's)......and yes I did have max trades set to 3. I have found that the consec trade value is only in the 5.7.2a version ( is that stable in mode 1 anyway?) and that max trades is best set to 1 because its a little bit dumb! But other than those mistakes, I still say It's been a Bad week so far.

autumnleaves:
Hi Azbofin. Tour results do look pretty good indeed. I am trying to get mode1 right before moving on, but I do allow up to 5 trades, because I want to push the EA a bit and see if it stands up to the pressure (or resists the temptation). I think the main (but not the only) problem was in my optimizations. It seems there is really no obvious way to optimize the signal settings. Perhaps someone can enlighten us, but I haven't a clue how the default settings were arrived at.

Seems we are in the same sinking boat. This weeks testing pointed out to me that max trades is best set to 1, atleast till v5.7.2 is stable.

Consecutive Signals

Thanks for the feedback and comments folks. Since this morning I have been using 20 ConsecSignals and am leaving MaxTrades at 5 to see how it behaves (6 pairs). On the one hand, I know it might not be realistic to use Maxtrades 5. My objective is to simulate what mode 3 might do without actually using mode 3, on the one hand, and on the other to push the EA to see if it makes mistakes. That's what testing is about, isn't it?

Here is a chart the illustrates the way Phoenix seems to go in 2 directions at the same time, almost betting against itself. The fact that it can open such contradictory trades in rapid succession suggests to me that the signals are too sensitive, reacting to only infinitesimal fluctuations in the curve. Instead, perhaps they need to pay more attention to the larger movements, if not the trend itself. If many more trades like this crop u p, it might make sense to experiment with an even higher value of Consecutive Signals. Is anybody using a setting of, say, 40 or above??

Files:

autumnleaves:
Is anybody using a setting of, say, 40 or above??

I back tested 5 to 35 on GBP/USD for 1 year and 15 consecutive was the best at 90 % quality. There is good results from 5 to +/-8 and better in the range of 13 to 17. Over that, it was not very interesting. I used data from Alpari. I need to do all currencies with FXDD history data. For everyone using FXDD, if you ask, they will provide a link for download. Sorry, they did not accept my request to post it on our forum.

autumnleaves:
but I do allow up to 5 trades, because I want to push the EA a bit

just keep in mind... the more trades and the more pairs, the higher the risk.

autumnleaves:
Perhaps someone can enlighten us, but I haven't a clue how the default settings were arrived at.

there is a great manual available on how to optimize, see post #3.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

AZBOfin

Signal settings

Thanks Azbofin, I have indeed used the manual you refer to, but the optimizations I obtain are obviously not ideal. I wonder how the original preferred settings were arrived at. Has anyone had any luck optimizing any currency pairs so as to yield consistently better results than the default settings?

Why during back testing when you pick use M15, in the little progress bar it says using M1?

Counterintuitive trades

Here is a chart showing 2 trades entered by Phoenix with default settings on GBPUSD, with ConsecSigs=20. By all appearances, the curve is about to turn up, but Phoenix decided to sell. We shall see what happens in the next 12 hours. Will these be winners or losers?

autumnleaves:
Here is a chart showing 2 trades entered by Phoenix with default settings on GBPUSD, with ConsecSigs=20. By all appearances, the curve is about to turn up, but Phoenix decided to sell. We shall see what happens in the next 12 hours. Will these be winners or losers?

I got the same 2 signals at 15 ConsecSignals... We will see !!!

autumnleaves:

i have a similar signal for v5.7.0 and signalcount=5.

yes, phoenix decides to sell even though the trend shows up... because phoenix is a counter-trend EA and that is how counter trend system work.

AZBOfin