Live Testing reports - page 25

autumnleaves:
Ahhh, so the mistake is mine. I just checked the code for 5.7.1 and discovered 10 pip TP and SL for the EURUSD. I didn't realize that the numbers had changed from the old version, which had 42 and 84. I doubt that the 10 pip settings are going to perform well. Cheers

Don't apologize Autumn... The guy who a never made a mistake... have never tried anything...

Good point : seems Phoenix still working....

bertbin:
Sometimes I don't undertsand "logic" of Phoenix... But you know... sometimes I don't understand mine too..

But the thing is baaaaaaaaaad this week...

yeah you're right. i am getting sh*tfaced every single day since monday last week. actually it all started sometimes around the 11th of this month. i just flew over the statement and it looks like i almost lost half of my profits. and this just sucks!

on the other hand if i just look at the bottom line i still have an increase of 40% since beginning of november (50K to 70K in less than 3 month).

well, it really doesn't matter does it. it's just play money in a demo account. in real life i wouldn't let it go that far and would have cashed out way earlier and i would have closed trades manually which would have changed the whole trading pattern and i would have lost everything anyways....

would have, could have, should have - what a game!

AZBOfin

Process Improvement would help.

bertbin:
Don't apologize Autumn... The guy who a never made a mistake... have never tried anything... Good point : seems Phoenix still working....

It would be a good idea for everyone to use "WINMERGE" to compare each new version of Phoenix with the previous version to see what changed. With a program like that you can notice any unexpected changes.

I also suggest that a word document with the current recommended settings be added to the FAQ first post. Nothing elaborate. It would keep people from wasting time on non performing currencies. Another alternative would be to put out an alert box in the code when pref settings that are non currently recommended are run. Allow them to run anyways.

AZBOfin:
yeah you're right. i am getting sh*tfaced every single day since monday last week. actually it all started sometimes around the 11th of this month. i just flew over the statement and it looks like i almost lost half of my profits. and this just sucks!

on the other hand if i just look at the bottom line i still have an increase of 40% since beginning of november (50K to 70K in less than 3 month).

well, it really doesn't matter does it. it's just play money in a demo account. in real life i wouldn't let it go that far and would have cashed out way earlier and i would have closed trades manually which would have changed the whole trading pattern and i would have lost everything anyways....

would have, could have, should have - what a game!

AZBOfin

100 % agree

If you loaded P572a : go back to P570 ! There is a bug is this version which "locked" everything (Phoenix Dev)

Btw : you are right : losses are part of the "game" and we have to accept them... but...

And if it was real money, like you, I will never leave Phoenix running like that...

See you

Pcontour:
It would be a good idea for everyone to use "WINMERGE" to compare each new version of Phoenix with the previous version to see what changed. With a program like that you can notice any unexpected changes. I also suggest that a word document with the current recommended settings be added to the FAQ first post. Nothing elaborate. It would keep people from wasting time on non performing currencies. Another alternative would be to put out an alert box in the code when pref settings that are non currently recommended are run. Allow them to run anyways.

Hi Pcontour

I use inside settings and I will nether touch anythind inside Phoenix... As I know only the guys in Phoenix thread settings are polayinf with that. Most part of testers here use ionside settings

My 2c

NB : BTW : there is a hudge pb on P572a.... see Phoenix Dev thread

AZBO

+ 40% since november = excellent ( guys hoping 100 % in 3 hours (or 3 mn!) are wakos!)

Currency : CHFJPY, USDJPY

1. Timeframe: M15

2. Broker: FXDD

3. Settings file: None

4. Account: Live

5. Version: P5.6.03 and P4.2.03

6. Mode: 1

7. Pips: CHFJPY -169, USDJPY +165

Files:
phoenix.rar  5 kb

xux99:
Currency : CHFJPY, USDJPY

1. Timeframe: M15

2. Broker: FXDD

3. Settings file: None

4. Account: Live

5. Version: P5.6.03 and P4.2.03

6. Mode: 1

7. Pips: CHFJPY -169, USDJPY +165

Welcome here xux99

Account : live ?!! You have guts !!!

We testing Phoenix which weeks after weeks is going better

Last "stable" version: Phoenix 5_7_0 initial settings in mode 1

Look Phoenix Developments+suggestions post 1

Good luck

AZBO

Working better this end of the week with Phoenix 570

All losses from beginning of the week have been wipe...

And you ?

Where's the man?

We haven't heard from Daraknor for a few days. I hope he is well and wish to convey my best wishes to him. I'm down with a cold now as well.

Does anyone have suggested settings for 5.7.2? I would like to start forward testing on several pairs at once.