Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 43

if you look at the first post in this thread you will see the most current version of Phoenix. I recommend P6 Released.mq4. The settings are somewhat fragile, but USDCHF M15 seems to be working right now.

I advise against Alpari since they regularly hit stop losses. FXDD appears to be more reputable. Many people swear by IBFX, many people swear at them. Don't believe the "no dealer desk" claim by IBFX, they outsource that job to their liquidity provider and holder of the MT4 license: FXLQ. IBFX is just a white label, and so is Velocity FX.

Hidden stop losses

I am not a programmer, but I have heard that it is possible to have stop losses executed by the EA internaly at set prices, without the broker being aware of them. Am I mistaken in the way I understand this?

forexhog:
I am not a programmer, but I have heard that it is possible to have stop losses executed by the EA internaly at set prices, without the broker being aware of them. Am I mistaken in the way I understand this?

Yes of course it's possible to code hidden targets (TP/SL/TS)

FerruFx

Hi,

I've been studying the Phoenix EA for a while now. I think its MM is nice, and would like to use it for my own codebase. (if thats ok)

I think everyone heard of Neural Networks and they seem to be "in" (thanks to winner of 2007 mql4 championship). I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried implementing a NN in some form in an EA?

If not, I would just say that I'll do it myself. Simply taking the Signals already implemented in Phoenix (I am using 5.7.0) or add other ones and pass them throu a Neural Network and evolve it using GA.

I'm not really a Forex expert (yet). But I would like to see if it is possible to give an EA a brain. If this prooves to be a profitable concept, it might be possible to evolve the system a lot more.

If I need help testing, where is the best place to go? (hope I am in the right section of the forum)

Thanks,

homerj

pheonix

WHAT IS THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION OF THIS EA AND IS IT STILL STABLE IN THIS CREDIT CRUNCH MARKET. I HAVE NOTICE JUST BEING A TRADER FOR MANY YEARS THAT THE MARKETS ARE MOVING DIFFRENTLY TODAY THAN BEFORE

P6 has initiated no trades for the week.

I have been attempting to run Phoenix6 on M15, USDCHF on IBFX. It has not initiated a single trade. I have not changed the settings. Any idea what could be wrong?

forexhog:

The real question in terms of benefit/risk IMHO is which is a greater threat: That your broker will trade against you in such a way to force a SL and/or prevent a TP? Or that your computer, internet connection, power source, EA, or even MT4 crashes -- preventing your hidden order(s) from executing at all and thus your trades go on unmanaged either toward astronomical profits or, more likely, into a margin call?

I may be naive. While I'm sure there are a few bad brokers out there, legitimate ones are far more interested in treating their clients fairly. They want to generate more revenue through more trades/volume (via the spread) than by trying to force investors out of their positions and onto other brokers or out of FOREX investing entiirely.

Hello,

Much thanks & appreciate all folks to put more effort into Phoenix ea. I just try Phoenix 6 in demo account. But I am using IBFX and they change their pips in 5 decimal. Anyone who kindly help to tell me which part of setting must be adjust for run in 5 decimal pips? Please help~~~

Hey guys I'm using phoenix v_5_6_03 with FXDD and its running and working fine,then put it on my live account with FXCM powered by BT and it dosen't make any trades even though it s making trades on the FXDD account at the same time ?

any idea's on what might be going on with it and or how to fix it ?

I thought that maybe it's not coded to run with a 5 digit broker ?

Thanks in advance

Just had a look at my experts folder in FXCM ac and it's coming up with

phoenix_ea_v5_6_03EURJPY,mi15 Error Ordersend(130)

anyone know if this may be the problem and or how to fix it?