10points 3.mq4 - page 309

sam123:
OK.

Now I have good results but not as as yours.

I did not change the timefilter inputs and used it as True.

Pls see the attached result and let me know your conclusions.

Thanks,

Sam123

Even if we tested the same date, the result could be different due to different broker time. Besides, different leverage can bring you margin call before the trade is mature. So, you may still need to tweak around to find out the proper risk exposure, PipStep(spread concern)... etc etc...

Regards

David

People,

Please ignore any commercial post in 10point3. We have no affiliate with ANY party besides of TSD itself. We post EA here is solely because of interest, and a good heart willing to share. For virtual private server, you dont need to look for other broker's affiliates. The lowest cost I've came close is 15 bucks a month on a Celeron D VPS comes with remote desktop control. You do not need 10k account to signup shiet with other affiliator, you do not need to do profit sharing at all. Please if you have the excess money donate to TSD for maintenance better then signup with bloody scam sucker. They wanted you to upload your EA to their server so they can share the pie. Meanwhile they collect IB commision on your account. Also they eat you up 50% profit. Those are spammer, blood sucker, and will only harm the harmony of TSD. I already reported this issue to Newdigital, and hope he can remove that post as fast as possible. If possible, get the spammer ban would be a big tumbs up.

Regards

David

p/s: you see that this spammer put up the screenshot picture? God knows he use your EA to manage account and make big money on his own and cut 50% of your profit from your account.

As for downloading data to get 90% modeling quality:

I tried to download and got the message that there are differences between Alpari's data/server and Metaquotes' data/server.

Alapri's server time is not the same as Metaquotes' server time.

I am not sure if I should download.

waht do you think?

sam123:
As for downloading data to get 90% modeling quality:

I tried to download and got the message that there are differences between Alpari's data/server and Metaquotes' data/server.

Alapri's server time is not the same as Metaquotes' server time.

I am not sure if I should download.

waht do you think?

Then download Alpari's data from their website. But you need to made a demo account specialized in backtest purpose only. Do not create new demo account on it so it doesn't logon the server, or it will screwup your historical data.

Regards

David

That's why I have Alpari MT4 on my pc - only for backtest.

As far as I know when this account logon to the server, the data is not screwed up, because when you logon you have only 3 months back of real data which should be the same as downloaded as ".hst" file.

sam123:
That's why I have Alpari MT4 on my pc - only for backtest. As far as I know when this account logon to the server, the data is not screwed up, because when you logon you have only 3 months back of real data which should be the same as downloaded as ".hst" file.

Ermm... not sure about those issues. But from what I heard is when you downloaded Alpari's data for backtest purpose, that particular account shouldn't logon at all. Or the new incomming data will ADD into the current data. A few repeatance bar might occur here and there that will cause the backtester even more unreliable. Unless your PC never shut down and working 24hr/365days with the MT4 logged to the broker. Basically I just reinstall and redownload all the history data once in a while. I figured a platform after running certain amount of serious backtest(especially full tick optimize backtest), the memory usage become unreasonable. So, every once in awhile I'll reinstall the new MT4 platform, and have the old 1 remove completely(sometimes may have accidently deleted some WIP EA )

Regards

David

why isnt the EA open trades at all?

I allowed Live Trading, I am on 1H TF, and it isn't 13-18 o'clock.

Sam,

Please ensure the chart comment are shown on the screen in full. It has a lot of information, such as OrderType=3 as no trade, OrderType=2 as buy only, or OrderType=1 as sell only. Also its available of lot size information for your troubleshooting purpose. If things are well, and the OrderType=3, then just leave it there. It will work as soon as opportunity has come. This EA trade with MACD cross. So, you can put a MACD 12,26,9 on your chart in order to see when the signal line cross out of the histogram bar, then it will initiate a trade. Sample attached

Regards

David

Files:
eurusd.gif  26 kb

Today, til now, only 1 position (divided to 3 trades) was taken.

Strange!

sam123:
Today, til now, only 1 position (divided to 3 trades) was taken. Strange!

Not strange at all. like I suggested, put the indicator on the chart, and you'll see the amazing works.

Regards

David