10points 3.mq4 - page 205

davidke20:
I'm sorry for being delay... but hey, we want a better EA to work on the live account in the future, not the best curve fitting backtest monster, agree with me here?

Of course...... Nobody seems to trust backtests anyway.

Ray

davidke20:
If you want a better direction, ofcourse Aggressive_Mode=false will give you clearer trading direcion(it will greatly reduce the current performance with a discount of about 70%).

OK ... Currently, if Agressive_mode=false, it won't trade all the time. What would I enter in FromHourTrade and ToHourTrade, to take advantage of the clearer trading direction ... but let it trade round the clock?

Regards,

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
OK ... Currently, if Agressive_mode=false, it won't trade all the time. What would I enter in FromHourTrade and ToHourTrade, to take advantage of the clearer trading direction ... but let it trade round the clock?

Regards,

Ray

Fromhourtrade=0 Start trading from GMT0000

Tohourtrade=12 Stop trading at GMT1200(IBFX standard broker time)

Regards

David

davidke20:
Fromhourtrade=0 Start trading from GMT0000

Tohourtrade=12 Stop trading at GMT1200(IBFX standard broker time)

That doesn't make sense.... I was thinking it would have been something like

Fromhourtrade=0

Tohourtrade=24

I wasn't sure it that would confuse it.

Ray

V12

Hello testers

I have requested the V12 to test it. But david said that he has enough testers atm, but i can join a group of testers to test with them. if anyone want me to join there tester group of V12 PM me.

Thanks

FutureMillionaire?:
That doesn't make sense.... I was thinking it would have been something like

Fromhourtrade=0

Tohourtrade=24

I wasn't sure it that would confuse it.

Ray

Well, you got it wrong. It is refer to the broker's time on trading.

Regards

David

Hi Tawa,

Please post your set files when you can, and explain more about using v12 to trade in both directions. Thank you.

Tawa:
hi robp, sorry but i cant post my set files right now, because im not in front my computer where is test running.... but in general i wanted to try little bit different settings with v12 (trades in both directions & multipier 1.7)... but exactly what David has mentioned, it is not main puropose of V12 and i can do this with other verions of 10.points.3

robp:
Hi Tawa, Please post your set files when you can, and explain more about using v12 to trade in both directions. Thank you.

Hi Robp, and Tawa,

I have just studied the statement on post #2017 by Tawa. Actually what he did is quite interesting. Instead of using multiplier=2, he used 1.7 (or 1.6) with pip step of 25 or 26. With wide pip spread, we can get a large coverage of "safe" trading. From the trade that was made on "2007.03.13 - 23:32 - sell - 0.01 - audusd", it progress up to 205 pips before it touched TP with maximum lot only 0.75 and 9 trades. The total p/l for those trades is minus $56.8.

If we do it with multiplier=2 and pip step 18, it will need at least 11 trades and the last lot will be 10.24. This must be not enough if we only have $5000 balance. Our trade will be canceled even before reaching 8 or 9th trade.

So, with this setting, we have more opportunities to get out from long trades, although in the end we have to exit with small loss (rather then huge loss). However, the profit progression will not be fast.

Anyway, I think multiplier 1.7 or 1.6 is quite interesting for safer trading. Thanks Tawa.

Cheers,

Yes, I noticed that too. 30 tp and 25 pipstep and a lower multiplier. BUT ... he is also trading in both directions at the same time. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm hoping he shares how he's doing that with v12.

wibitiens:
Hi Robp, and Tawa,

I have just studied the statement on post #2017 by Tawa. Actually what he did is quite interesting. Instead of using multiplier=2, he used 1.7 (or 1.6) with pip step of 25 or 26. With wide pip spread, we can get a large coverage of "safe" trading. From the trade that was made on "2007.03.13 - 23:32 - sell - 0.01 - audusd", it progress up to 205 pips before it touched TP with maximum lot only 0.75 and 9 trades. The total p/l for those trades is minus $56.8.

If we do it with multiplier=2 and pip step 18, it will need at least 11 trades and the last lot will be 10.24. This must be not enough if we only have $5000 balance. Our trade will be canceled even before reaching 8 or 9th trade.

So, with this setting, we have more opportunities to get out from long trades, although in the end we have to exit with small loss (rather then huge loss). However, the profit progression will not be fast.

Anyway, I think multiplier 1.7 or 1.6 is quite interesting for safer trading. Thanks Tawa.

Cheers,

hi Robp & Wibitiens,

you are right, im using TakeProfit 30, PipSet 25 & Multiplier 1.7.... but Reverse trades are nothing special and new because im using same method what David and others using in 10.Points 3 Hedge thread

after all the long series of trades on aud.usd pair ended in loss as a result of SecureProfit setting