10points 3.mq4 - page 210

european:
I copied & pasted the code above into a MT4.

Once compiled - got 68 errors

some variables are not defined and unballanced parenthesis

Anybody knows what is missing or have a compiled good version?

euro

What code?

David, can I run two versions of v12 on the same chart, one set long only, the other short only -- and different magic number on each. Would that trade okay? I've tried just running on 2 charts, but sometimes both charts enter in the same direction. I want to avoid that and stay hedged. Does one EA need to be set to reverse, or does the long only/short only take care of that?

Basic Conceptual Change

Unfortunately I was not able to join the v12 traders... HOWEVER - I trade the 10point systems continuously and in live accounts....

My Observation: I do not see the benefit of holding the loosing positions open. There is no reason, besides marking your place in the sand.... why you would hold a loosing position open - this will just add to your demise and generally will not actually assist your recovery.

One could argue that it will help your recovery as the pair goes back in your favor - but it will not help you more than it has already hurt you by being open longer than it should have.

Since I am not a programmer i can not speak to the difficulty of tracking closed trades. If a closed trade can be tracked and calculated into an array of where the account is based on trades put on during the present cycle i think it would universally benefit the current project to close loosing trades so that they do not continue to go against you.

Comments?

real account

Live trading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last I have decided to go live and hopefully make profit from my months of forward testing.

I would like to use a broker who will take Egold as a funding option and also trade in Micro lots (0.01)

Has anyone had experience in using Neuimex live?

Is there another broker with whom you are trading who also meets that criteria?

Any feedback will be most welcome.

John

Hi John

Currently trading real account with Velocity so far all good, they're live server is the same as far as I can tell as their demo,and trading .01 lots, they have 2 pip spread on eur/usd and usd/jpy, but don't know about them accepting egold.

tools

Can you post the version of 10.3 you're using and results?

MegaLeads:
Unfortunately I was not able to join the v12 traders... HOWEVER - I trade the 10point systems continuously and in live accounts....

My Observation: I do not see the benefit of holding the loosing positions open. There is no reason, besides marking your place in the sand.... why you would hold a loosing position open - this will just add to your demise and generally will not actually assist your recovery.

One could argue that it will help your recovery as the pair goes back in your favor - but it will not help you more than it has already hurt you by being open longer than it should have.

Since I am not a programmer i can not speak to the difficulty of tracking closed trades. If a closed trade can be tracked and calculated into an array of where the account is based on trades put on during the present cycle i think it would universally benefit the current project to close loosing trades so that they do not continue to go against you.

Comments?

Oldie But Goodie

robp:
Can you post the version of 10.3 you're using and results?

10.3 dynamic stop .... i think that it was posted in post #18 or so... I originally found it on elcactus.com

I turn it off during news. This is the single safest thing that you can do - this thing only really blows up during holidays and news.

I make regular modifications to pips and TP based on market conditions.

The larger the volatility the larger my pip step and TP - it is vital that they go hand in hand - you can not adjust one without adjusting the other.

Increasing TP without adjusting pip step will slow your act down dramatically

Increasing PIP step without adjusting TP will close your trades out with a negative balance.

I feel that they should actually be linked...

davidke20:
After suffering a few days, finally RB26DETT back on track. This time seems solid. I've ran a few backtest on different data from different broker. And also gone through the micro account backtest on IBFX.

Is the initial forward testing confirming the backtesting results? Are they somewhat congruent?

davidke20:
After suffering a few days, finally RB26DETT back on track.

Backtest shows that this would have required about a 60K account if trading on a standard account size... twice it went to 2.56 lots in a micro account - standard account would have been 25.6 lots..... needing 50K+ in order to keep from blowing out.

Micro account size requirement: about 6K

Could be reduced to under $3K if losing positions were closed as you go along.

MegaLeads, how do you determine when the loosing block should be closed?

Could be reduced to under $3K if losing positions were closed as you go along.

Ted Noogent:
ok so I heard about this V12 thing over at yahoo. some guy said it might be pretty good like terminater. I want it so I can test it and check it out. who can give it to me? where can I down it from? thx. I only need the code file.

Put in the time and read the whole thread.... The v12 has been closed a while ago. It was only put out privately to 30 testers