HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 70

original rules

et_phonehome_2:
For HAMA PAD version1, if one does not use RAVI indicator, are the entry rules the same just as long as the price action bar sits beyond the upper/lower channel band?

I hope I am not stepping out of bounds here and answering this incorrectly, but the original guidelines were to enter on the first bar to open outside of the channel provided that the price bar and the HAMA bars were the same color as well. I hope that helps.

Piponacci:
I hope I am not stepping out of bounds here and answering this incorrectly, but the original guidelines were to enter on the first bar to open outside of the channel provided that the price bar and the HAMA bars were the same color as well. I hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply, I do understand that. Just that if I have the RAVI indicator, the pairs are most of the time between the two band lines which means NTR. I presume that means we are in a range or consolidation type environment. But for those who do not use RAVI, would one take the trade according to the rules? I do not know how one can actually say its in NTR without RAVI...

et_phonehome_2:
Thanks for your reply, I do understand that. Just that if I have the RAVI indicator, the pairs are most of the time between the two band lines which means NTR. I presume that means we are in a range or consolidation type environment. But for those who do not use RAVI, would one take the trade according to the rules? I do not know how one can actually say its in NTR without RAVI...

Trading w/o the Ravi is the way the original system was first set up. HAMA PAD was just an aid to help visually ascertain price action a little earlier or easier. The rules to take trades were an idea more than hard and fast rules. One would have to be a little more familiar with price action and recognizing consolidations etc. The Ravi was a suggestion from someone on this thread (if not FXCruiser himself) as a useful indicator to help in determining consolidations and therefore establishing a NTZ, no trade zone. FXCruiser decided to expand on the system to help those less experienced (and experienced alike) with price action and has developed the HAMA PAD version 2 (H2). From what I have seen and I am assuming right now, it is now a complete trading system. So, the short answer is the no trading zone prior to the Ravi was just the price action that was contained within the bands. Ravi helped in some of the more whippy markets we had in Aug and Sept. Without it, one would just need to be more cautious and aware of when a market was range bound.

Thanks for the explanation. It seems that lately, we are in NTR zone. Any good pairs that is not in range?

hello

how's the EA going? I would love to trade using EA as i am not always in front of my computer... Please update

et_phonehome_2:
Thanks for the explanation. It seems that lately, we are in NTR zone. Any good pairs that is not in range?

Et-phonehome_2...I hope this helps.FXC speaks repeatedly of patience in trading the market.There isn't a pair that trades more outside the trade zone than in the trade zone.The key is to pick your spots.Ravi confirms a move and when you break out of the NTZ most times you can gain 10-20 pips if not more.With a standard account 20 pips is $200,a good days pay.Increase your lots or play more pairs and a $1000 a day isn't out of reach.

It's all about comfort zone.Play outside your comfort zone and you begin to have emotion control your decisions.FXC has given us the means to trade just about risk free(oops...did I say that?)

If I could suggest here,wait and try H2.It truly defines entries and exits.I hope this answers a few questions and you can make adjustments to feel comfortable with Hama Pad.

David AKA Spiritfriends

Running With The Bulls!

et_phonehome_2:

et, I was going to suggest this one but I figured you do not trade this coz it isn't a pair.

The early trading on the futures market was as expected because of the economic news. It's no different than the forex market. However, the noise at Wall Street and the Commodity Exchanges settled down after a while. Then, the reinforced BULLS got back on loose charging UP once again. This is also the first day, I believe, that the DOW emini #YM was launched on an MT4 platform. Take a look at the H2 Chart for YM on M5 and see the charging BULLS!

Guys/Gals, H2 opens for us a lot of trading opportunities. I will share with you sometimes the position and swing trades you can also have while continuing your daytrading.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

fxcruiser:
et, I was going to suggest this one but I figured you do not trade this coz it isn't a pair.

The early trading on the futures market was as expected because of the economic news. It's no different than the forex market. However, the noise at Wall Street and the Commodity Exchanges settled down after a while. Then, the reinforced BULLS got back on loose charging UP once again. This is also the first day, I believe, that the DOW emini #YM was launched on an MT4 platform. Take a look at the H2 Chart for YM on M5 and see the charging BULLS!

Guys/Gals, H2 opens for us a lot of trading opportunities. I will share with you sometimes the position and swing trades you can also have while continuing your daytrading.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Thanks fxcruiser. Though you have not made version2 available yet, I am interested in trying it out as soon its available.

HAMA PAD User Name

fxcruiser:

zed2002, I can't find you in the database at all.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Hi, fxcruiser !

My HAMA PAD User name is Dorian Stanchev.

zed2002.

eminis

fxcruiser:

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

FXC

Thank you for all your posts, I think I have asked this question before with no reply:

Which broker has eminis on MT4?

Regards

howard