HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 10

Hi!

TF30. There is a sell signal at 1,2807 on EURUSD. 12:00cet bar. Stop at 1,2821.

Am I right?

SF

hi safareig, i think what you are seeing is the pre signal to sell,i would wait until you see a full bar across the channel.

safareig:
Hi!

TF30. There is a sell signal at 1,2807 on EURUSD. 12:00cet bar. Stop at 1,2821.

Am I right?

SF

SF,

M30 does not have a HAMA Red full bar breakout. At the moment, you only have a HAMA Red breach of the lower band which signals a possible short trade.

M15, however, has full bar breakout from 1.2816 for a short trade entry.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

thestellaman:
hi safareig, i think what you are seeing is the pre signal to sell,i would wait until you see a full bar across the channel.

Hi,

So, what you are saying is that we need to wait to have a closed bar totally out of the channel and then we take the trade at new bar opening, right?

If that is like this, on TF15, the short was at 11:45cet bar, right?

SF

thestellaman:

But look at post 22, there is no waiting.

SF

fxcruiser:
SF,

M30 does not have a HAMA Red full bar breakout. At the moment, you only have a HAMA Red breach of the lower band which signals a possible short trade.

M15, however, has full bar breakout from 1.2816 for a short trade entry.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Hi,

So, you need to wait for the close of the bar that is out of channel after the cross. If that is like this, I do not see that short on TF15 minutes as you did not know what that bar was going to do (11:00cet).

THX.

SF

safareig:
thestellaman:

But look at post 22, there is no waiting.

SF

On post 22, https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/11/image7_hama_basic_trading_guidelines.jpg, upper left hand, 1st text box, with the 1st red HAMA, the price bar only breached the lower band - signaled for possible short trade. In the 2nd text box, 2nd HAMA red bar, the full price bar was way below the lower band, where the short trade was supposed to have been traded.

pipsnaper has commented earlier that the arrow was not pointing clearly on the HAMA but it does on the HAMA bar. My apology any confusion this may have created.

fxcruiser

Note: It's a RED DAY today - 2:00pm EST - USD FOMC Meeting Minutes Please trade with caution.

safareig:
Hi,

So, you need to wait for the close of the bar that is out of channel after the cross. If that is like this, I do not see that short on TF15 minutes as you did not know what that bar was going to do (11:00cet).

THX.

SF

That would be the conservative approach. The 4th bar would have been the entry for a short trade which was around 1.2816 which was at 12:45 on North Finance platform (is that CET?). Now holding at +7pips.

fxcruiser

fxcruiser:
On post 22, https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/11/image7_hama_basic_trading_guidelines.jpg, upper left hand, 1st text box, with the 1st red HAMA, the price bar only breached the lower band - signaled for possible short trade. In the 2nd text box, 2nd HAMA red bar, the full price bar was way below the lower band, where the short trade was supposed to have been traded.

pipsnaper has commented earlier that the arrow was not pointing clearly on the HAMA but it does on the HAMA bar. My apology any confusion this may have created.

fxcruiser

Note: It's a RED DAY today - 2:00pm EST - USD FOMC Meeting Minutes Please trade with caution.

Hi!

Fxcruiser, I appreciate your work. Don't get me wrong with my questions, but I wanna have things very clear.

Can you post a screenshot of your TF15 trade and another one of your system on TF30.

On tf30, the 12:00 opened below channel after the break out at 1,2807.

Then it went up.

SF

fxcruiser:
That would be the conservative approach. The 4th bar would have been the entry for a short trade which was around 1.2816 which was at 12:45 on North Finance platform (is that CET?). Now holding at +7pips. fxcruiser

Try to post the screenshot. THX.

North Finance is Cet + 1.

CET is GMT+2. North Finance is GMT+3.

SF