New Firebird EA - page 21

Last big drawdown was due to Nonfarm Employment Change of last friday... maybe I should have closed all the positions before...

Yupyup,

how many months results have you got on euro/us for the FB 63e?

sounds interesting.

I put V1.0C1 on AUD/US Euro/GBP and Euro/CHF

in about 2 minutes the MM put 10 LOTS!!!!! on the Euro/CHF

on a $10k demo

it went down 6 pips and i was down $1200 odd dollars.

---

maybe it is not working because it is trying to put too many Lots on...

tibonz

i am using the 1-0c1 version with auto-setting.

i try it on gimex demo account but is taking no order !!!

Uhmmmmmmmm...

bradman:
Yupyup,

how many months results have you got on euro/us for the FB 63e?

sounds interesting.

Just a weeks worth, i stopped forward testing this one and moved on to hendricks phoenix v4. Seems to be more stable...

B

hassan2:
some one said

My SMART firebird v1.0c keeps opening positions all the time in the same pair AUD/USD , and these positions are ALWAYS a loosing positions . NEVER WINS .. it keeps opening 2 , 3 & 4 loosing positions one after one , it dosent even wait for a positions to colse .. No .. it opens 4 together .. !!

last week it opened 4 positions ( one every 2 minutes ) , ALL LOOSING .

And now while i'm writting i have 3 pos. open , and of course ALL LOOSING .

The problem is that i have other indicators that shows bullish in the pair , while FB keeps openeing SELL orders .

I want to ask .. doesn't this version work with AUD/USD ???

OR do i have to edit something in the settings ??

Thanx a lot friends .

If that right , it is bad problem

I've not forward tested v10c1, but I just backtested with settings below and it performed OK on audusd. No need for Input values for TakeProfit, StopLoss as these are auto-calculated by EA.

v1.0c1 auto-calculates TakeProfit, StopLoss and Pipstep with historic data and in slow trending pairs like audusd, StopLoss and PipStep calculated values can be very close to entry price. This can result in frequent Stoplosss closings and frequent PipStep orders being opened. audusd just may not be a good pair for v1.0c1.

Wackena

//----------------------- USER INPUT

extern int MA_length = 10;

extern int MA_timeframe = 30; // hdb did I add this ? lol

extern int MAtype = 0; //0=close, 1=HL

extern double Percent = 0.1;

extern int TradeOnFriday = 1; // >0 trades on friday

extern int slip = 100; //exits only

extern bool UseMM = true; // Money Management - 1 = true & 0 = false

extern double Risk = 5; // percent of account equity to risk per trade

extern double Lots = 0.1; // modified by Renato

extern int TakeProfit = 0;

extern int Stoploss = 0; // total loss on all open positions in pips // modified by Renato

extern double TrailingStop = 0; // 0 = no trailing stop

extern int MaxOpenOrders = 3;

extern double MinMarginLevel = 250; // Below this Minimum Margin Level percent % trading stops

Firebird

I've put Firebird on test since 13 Sep (almost 1 month) on EURUSD and AUDUSD 1-min chart on Interbank-FX demo account.

I want to test it at least thro' end of this year to see some long term results...so far, the EA has performed well on both pairs with total 300+ trades (of course, with occasional large drawdowns)...will post the graph and trades later today for others to comment/see...~1800 USD net profit and 500 USD floating loss...1300 USD in a month...not bad at all.. *

What I like about this EA is that it consistently adds profits, the only thing that I want to make sure is that does it add enough profits to offset the occasional (and unavoidable!) large drawdowns...

*PS: My trade size for this EA is 1 mini lot per trade...average profit per trade is ~ 6 USD, average length of open trade is ~20 hours.

Files:

seems like FB 10C does ok on AUD/US then after all.

i'll keep it on. 2 days and not one open trade that pair. M5

maratha - which version and settings?

excellent results

hi maratha, it was excellent results. what have you used to presets ?

which version and settings?

thank you.

Maratha:
I've put Firebird on test since 13 Sep (almost 1 month) on EURUSD and AUDUSD 1-min chart on Interbank-FX demo account.

I want to test it at least thro' end of this year to see some long term results...so far, the EA has performed well on both pairs with total 300+ trades (of course, with occasional large drawdowns)...will post the graph and trades later today for others to comment/see...~1800 USD net profit and 500 USD floating loss...1300 USD in a month...not bad at all.. *

What I like about this EA is that it consistently adds profits, the only thing that I want to make sure is that does it add enough profits to offset the occasional (and unavoidable!) large drawdowns...

*PS: My trade size for this EA is 1 mini lot per trade...average profit per trade is ~ 6 USD, average length of open trade is ~20 hours.

I'm using Firebird V1.c

Firebird V1.c, with all default settings..nothing changed at my end...testing it on 1-min charts for EURUSD and AUDUSD...

It has so far survived thro' most of the monthly key market moving events and has handled the trend changes reasonably ok...

Will keep on posting weekly updates...plan to forward test it thro' end of this year using demo.

Then in Jan 07, based on the drawdowns, might put this EA on a live account...let's see..

Current status (Fri 10/13/06): ~2020 USD in profits, ~250 in floating loss...