Firebird EA - page 46

Please find weekly statements.

The test has to be in Error on GBPUSD

This and the previous post both refer to GBPUSD

Looking back at Mar 5th there is an obvious error in the program being tested.

Why are the big problems on the 5th both Mar and April?

Starting at 2:28 to 2:38 on the Mar 5 ; FB buys 86 times between 1.9320 to as low as 1.9312 and up to 1.9330.

It would seem to me that the price did not fall enough to trigger any averaging down, let alone 86 times.

Then at 2:38 FB closes only 14 positions at basically breakeven at the S/L price.

Then from 3:39 to 4:43 FB buys 360 more positions from 1.9277 +/- 10 pips or so.

Can I be reading this test result correctly?

Events could not have happened as I read the list.

Is FB working the way it should?

As I understand the logic; FB buys when price falls below lower channel; if price keeps falling, FB averages down at set intervals. Then if price rallies it sells at preset TP. The setup file shows pipstep of 30.

This refers to GBPUSD

Looking at Apr 5; I can see a buy order as the price falls to 1.9688 at 14:00.

But why does it keep buying 5 more times the next minute at rising prices 1,3,5,and 7 pips higher. FB is supposed to buy as price falls.

Why does it sell only 2 positions 2 minutes later for only 10 to 17 pips profit? What caused FB to close the positions? It would appear the trailing stop of 15 moved up to close the positions. Does anyone know when the stoploss of 130 is changed to a trailing stop of 15?

Then from 15:12 to 15:15 FB buys 33 times starting at 1.9689 and as price falls only 2, 4,5,7,8 pips and back up to the original 1.9689. The price did not fall far enough to justify averaging down, and why 33 purchases?

It then closes only 2 positions at breakeven 42 minutes later and the other 31 positions are closed about 1.5 hours later at 26 to 32 pip profit.

Why did it close 2 positions early?

The previous days trades only did 1 lot of 0.1 at a time. Why would it do 6 this time and then 33?

I like the logic of FB but I wonder if the fantastic results are as they should be. Would appreciate any explanation?

Hi trade888,

this subject was discuss many time on this thread.

I attached this EA to the charts more than 1 year ago and did not change the settings for the wholetesting period. May be it is somethng inside the code I have no idea. I only know that it does not depends on which broker you are trading and this EA is trading on open bar and high/low of the open bar and it may be the main reason of those many orders sometimes.

Some people tried to fixed this vulnarible orders but all failed.

By the way I don't think that this EA will be attractive without this "vulnarability".

Anyway Firebird is very old and very classical system. This EA is trading on counter trend or reversal. For example, the price was moved a lot during the news very quickly. So Firebird is waiting untill the price will start the reversal/consolidation and trading this counter trend. I saw it many times.

And if the price was moved a lot on 80 or 100 pips just within 1 or 5 minutes so this Firebird will open 80 ordes on reversal and mainly in profit.

What is the reason for this 5th of every month?

May be, NFP news?

newdigital:
Please find updated statement for Firebird EA.

Hello newdigital.I read interested your update-statement.

Do you use the standard settings for Firebird v.65?

And witch timeframe do you use?

Greetings,webman

webman:
Hello newdigital.I read interested your update-statement.

Do you use the standard settings for Firebird v.65?

And witch timeframe do you use?

Greetings,webman

M30.

I am using pre-set file.

Check files sticky thread in elite section here.

Firebird this week statements.

Thanks for the EA. Has anyone tested this without blowing their account?

Hello newdigital

I was wondering if you run all of the EA'a really 24/5 ? I mean even during

news releases ?

ndtexpert:
Hello newdigital

I was wondering if you run all of the EA'a really 24/5 ? I mean even during

news releases ?

yes, 24/5.