Expert Advisor Builder - page 6

GoingForward:
Mr. Marketz.

Thank you for sharing that script. I will try it out to see if it is what I am looking for. If not, no harm done...it will be yet another tool in the box. Right now I am using the one I have attached here. It works just fine. However, I was hoping to have all the options possible in a single script and I feel that the "CloseAll" script is perfect for this addition. Maybe CodersGuru might be able to oblige.

Again, thanks for sharing. It is most appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks you i need this ea

expert advisor

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help with this...

I have been trading fx for some time now with some good results. 'I'm trying to build an automated trading system, which I can use when playing with new strategies, If nothing else than just to back test different trading styles. For example, I want to back test cable on the hourly chart. Say I go long when the 20 moving average crosses the 50 with 100 pip stop and 150 pip target, I want to see how good that is over say 10 years,

Also, can this be done with custom indicators?? Is it simple to create?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

H

Built in

Metatrader has a moving average crossover EA system built into it, you just have to view, "Stradegy Tester", change your variables and the dates and let it roll. The last one I've checked happenned to be a winner!

Can someone program this very simple EA ? Thankyou

Hi,

Can you please code for me a very simple EA, that won't take more than 10 minutes for an experienced programmer.

1. Opens either, a limit, Stop, or market order.( 3 options in external parameter )

2. Distance ( distance to open either stop or Limit order )

3. Stop Loss distance - (for example-10 )

4. Take profit distance - ( for example -5).

Alert when a trade is placed/

that is all.

Can some kind soul help !!

Thanks

look for the expert Adviser Builder here in the forum, just use google

Need help writing very simple indicator!

Hi, I am using Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4 to build an EA.

I believe it would work better if I can limit it to trade between different times, i know how to substitute other indicators for the ones in the form so it would be easy if I had an indicator called time.

Time custom indicator would simply have the current time and I can then easily specify a value it must or must not beat.

Another extremely simple "Indicator" would be current price, surley no explination is needs, it's just that current price is for no apparent good reason not a value the EA builder allows, if I had it I could say enter a trade if the price is greater or lesser than an MA.

I am sure there are other ways to do these things but the easiest for me would just be to have these 2 current indicators so if someone can see fit to making these 2 indicators I'd appreciate it.

How to make an EA

Gday all,

I would like to know the steps or software I would need to turn my indicators/system into an EA in metatrader4.

is there anywhere i can read about this?

Thanks in advance!

G'day Barbs666 - if you look in the post above you will see a link to an online site where you can build an expert advisor without having to code, this is probably the best first step for someone new to metatrader or who is not necessarily a programmer. Hope that helps.

Thanks mate,

went to the site and built my first EA.... didnt work originally but I just removed the CLOSE BUY/SELL logics and it worked..... Only problem is it wont actually execute the trades just give alerts..... any ideas?

hay barbs where does yours alert you? because i've also tried to use that site and i think mine just sits there