Hi,

I made some improvements for Juice.

You can find them here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173050

Igor

Hi, Igorad!!

THX. Nice work.

Hi,

Ready 1st version of Juice_mod.

You can average by last bars number (parameter CalcBars).

If CalcBars=0 then indicator calculate full history.

Parameter Ks adjust sensitivity for flat detection.

Igor

But let me point out a feature that I said New Juice should have.

Ok, now we can decide how many bars back we want it to calculate. But what I think is very important is "the average of those bars". This average should be drawn in the indicator as a horizontal line like attached.

With this horizontal line (average), we know if the move has or has not more strength when the bar goes above it. It works as a filter.

Thank you!

Nina

Files:
juice.jpg  128 kb

Today's signals

Hi!

Here are the signals so far:

CatFX50:

GBPUSD, short at 1.7821 (09:30). Made a low at 1.7804. +17 pips.

EURUSD, short at 1.2271 (11:30). Made a low at 1.2260. +11 pips.

USDCHF, long at 1.2616 (10:00). Made a high at 1.2630. +14 pips.

Total= +42 pips.

All trades at 13:00CET are still active.

Market is very thin so far. Take care.

Nina

to nina

plz look back some pages, i asked you some questions, you didn,t noticed i gues...

FXman:
plz look back some pages, i asked you some questions, you didn,t noticed i gues...

Sorry!

Here you are:

http://www.northfinance.com/main.html

Nina

nina:
Hi!

Here are the signals so far:

CatFX50:

GBPUSD, short at 1.7821 (09:30). Made a low at 1.7804. +17 pips.

EURUSD, short at 1.2271 (11:30). Made a low at 1.2260. +11 pips.

USDCHF, long at 1.2616 (10:00). Made a high at 1.2630. +14 pips.

Total= +42 pips.

All trades at 13:00CET are still active.

Market is very thin so far. Take care.

Nina

OK, and now let's say you opened the exact same positions, at the same time, but in the opposite direction. We would have the next:

GBPUSD long at 1.7825, made a high of 1.7847. +22 pips

EURUSD long at 1.2274, made a high of 1.2280 (and climbing as of writing). +6 pips

USDCHF short at 1.2612. Made a low of 1.2604. +8 pips

Total +36 pips. If we wait a little more we get even more pips for sure.

Without using any kind of indicators or systems, by simply opening positions at random, most of the times you see some profit on those positions during the day. Sometimes 3 pips, some other times 20 or 40. There are also times when they go the other way and hit your stop loss of course. If we want to know how profitable a system is we need a very clear exit strategy. It is not useful to just pick the high or the low, because you almost never close the position at that point. You don't know that it is a high. What we see as a possible +8 pips can in fact turn out to be a -35 stop loss, because we don't close the position at +8 pips if our target is let's say 20 pips.

I am not saying that Nina's method of opening positions is wrong. Maybe it is very good. But as long as the exits are not defined, it is not a strategy. Any sort of system without clear exits is profitable if you pick the top and the bottom and count it as gained pips.

LazyPawn:
OK, and now let's say you opened the exact same positions, at the same time, but in the opposite direction. We would have the next:

EURUSD long at 1.2274, made a high of 1.2280 (and climbing as of writing). +6 pips

Without using any kind of indicators or systems, by simply opening positions at random, most of the times you see some profit on those positions during the day. Sometimes 3 pips, some other times 20 or 40. There are also times when they go the other way and hit your stop loss of course. If we want to know how profitable a system is we need a very clear exit strategy. It is not useful to just pick the high or the low, because you almost never close the position at that point. You don't know that it is a high. What we see as a possible +8 pips can in fact turn out to be a -35 stop loss, because we don't close the position at +8 pips if our target is let's say 20 pips.

I am not saying that Nina's method of opening positions is wrong. Maybe it is very good. But as long as the exits are not defined, it is not a strategy. Any sort of system without clear exits is profitable if you pick the top and the bottom and count it as gained pips.

Hello fellow trader,

you are definitely right, i suggest you open multiple positions with stop loss say 25 pips and set take profits at different levels and trail the rest. Ok say i open 5 positions, when i am at +20 on all, i close the first and move stop to break even. I close the second on 50 and the third on 100 and trail the rest. This way you can maximize your profits because it is not often that the price will go less than 20 pips in profit but this should be investigated and clearly be defined.

LazyPawn:

Hi, LazyPawn!

You are right. But I have said clearly somewhere in the thread that CatFX50 entries give at least 10 pips 8/9 times out of 10. So we have here a minimum.

Then, we have FiboPivots and a S/L of 34 pips just is case. And then, LazyPawn, we should have common sense.

Today, for instance, Market is thin; we are in consolidation mode so far. Our three pairs are trading between Pivot and FibR1 or between FibS1 and Pivot.

Market is flat. It always goes like this: after a big shot, we have a break. It's up to us to trade with our systems when we face this market or to wait for a rush or for a break of last lows/highs.

I trade multi lots. I use to close my first when I have +10 and so on.

Anyway, thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Nina

nina:
Hi, LazyPawn!

You are right. But I have said clearly somewhere in the thread that CatFX50 entries give at least 10 pips 8/9 times out of 10. So we have here a minimum.

Then, we have FiboPivots and a S/L of 34 pips just is case. And then, LazyPawn, we should have common sense.

Today, for instance, Market is thin; we are in consolidation mode so far. Our three pairs are trading between Pivot and FibR1 or between FibS1 and Pivot.

Market is flat. It always goes like this: after a big shot, we have a break. It's up to us to trade with our systems when we face this market or to wait for a rush or for a break of last lows/highs.

I trade multi lots. I use to close my first when I have +10 and so on.

Anyway, thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Nina

Yeah Nina you rock and i think you are right today the market is in suspended mode or flat with wma 100 acting as a support on TF30 and we can see a weak uptrend but it is quiet before storm a await breakout to the upside (if it happens) and if not than there will be 100 percent retrace of yesterday move. But we dont give a sheet in which direction the price will go we will be there right ?

tohuwabohu:
Yeah Nina you rock and i think you are right today the market is in suspended mode or flat with wma 100 acting as a support on TF30 and we can see a weak uptrend but it is quiet before storm a await breakout to the upside (if it happens) and if not than there will be 100 percent retrace of yesterday move. But we dont give a sheet in which direction the price will go we will be there right ?

Right.

Wherever they wanna go, CatFX50 will take us with them.

Nina