CatFx50 - page 191

TallP:
I've downloaded "CatFX50.mq4" to my desktop and now have in the experts file. I have put it in the Meta Editor and clicked compile. But the only thing I see happen is a line at the bottom of the screen that says 0 errors 0 warning. I cannot find it listed anywhere as CatFX50.ex4 which is what I understand the mt4 software is looking for. Can anyone give the "Dummy"version of how to get it into metatrader, like click (1) click(2)etc until it is in the Expert Alerts part of METATrader. Thanks for help TallP

@ TallP

You must put the file into the "./experts/indicators" folder, compile it with the mql-editor (I do not know if he does it automatically) and restart MT4. Aftwards you see it in your navigator window unter "custom indicators"

b.r. mibl

Hi my name is Jim & I live in Derby (UK) & this is my very first post on this site.

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to say many thanks to Nina & all the participants in this thread as it has made fascinating reading.

On Monday I will be paper trading this method (on MT4) over the coming weeks with a view to trading live once I can return consistant weekly profits. I will be using a spread betting account when I go live which is nice cos there is no tax to pay on any profits.

I will try to give everyone a daily update so that people monitoring this thread can see how someone with just a few short weeks of FX experience progress's.

Fingers crossed & once again many thanks.

Jim

ValeoFX:
Surely it was "unwise" to have traded the NFP before the announcement was made? Secondly, how would you have been able to pick 135 pips after the announcement? Live trading is very different, isn't it?

Hi ValeoFX, hi at all,

it is very important to understand that catfx50, which is presented by nina, is a trading system which gives entry signals based on the technical indicators stepma_Stoch and ema50 and naturally the price itsself.

The RECAPs which are presented here show the entry and the maximum-pips-range which could have been reached. That are not REALIZED PIPS. The possible pips you can achieve in your trades must consider the slipage, spread, the way you trail the stop and not at least your exit strategy.

Even in situations like yesterday on news (NFP or others like trade balance) the catfx50 will give you a signal, but eventually during news-time with news which do not fit the expectations on one or the other way, you find this price on the charts but you had nearly no chance to get this price right at your broker. Nevertheless the signal occurs!

That's one reason why papertrading is much more easier than investing real hard money (€'s, $'s, Pounds, Slotty, Rubel, ...) - you often get not the entry which you see on the chart. You are sometimes not able in a moving market to enter on the catfx entry price when two or three pairs have a signal at the same time.

This is a good system - but no holly grail (something like that does not exit) - and please, it is even no system to gain money if you do not have experience with daytrading. If not, even with catfx you can loose money - be careful!!! Or your money is transfered to another market member...

You must lower your sights that you can reach the RECAP-performance. That is eventually possible for one trade, but not in the width for all trades you make.

Be careful when you trade - learn learn learn on paper or demo before you trade with real money

b.r. mibl

i totally agree with mibl as far as my trading with catfx50 i look to grab minimum 34 pips a day sometimes more the win loss ratio is very good so that if you just went for 34 and had stop at 34 and you were right 60%(and its higher than that closer to 75%) after 100 trades you would be up 680 pips thats 5 months so if you just traded each time with 1 lot(10.00 a pip) and you started with say 10000 you would have 16800 a 68% return in 5 months the best money managers only get between 1 and 3 % a month so if you use a little discretion and moneymanagement make the system your own it can be tweaked any way you want but it still produces. The correct step ma stoc to use in my opinion is the nina stepma stoc(see post1405 on page 141)

Hi!!

What's up, mates?

From Kalenzo's thread (LBR):

"I know that Discretion is a scary word for a lot of people, but I'm of the opinion that most successful traders use at least some discretion in their trading. That doesn't mean they don't have a system, they just choose to Trade the system, not Follow it".

By Keris 2112.

Nina

hi nina amen

Whole EA

I now have the CatFX50 in my indicator and EA list. The one in the indicator will plot the 50EMA, the one in EA will not drag and drop to a chart. Is there a way to get the whole EA with step MA and Histo into my Interbank Trader 4. Thanks TallP

Hi Nina,

Thanks for this great system, i'm newbie in forex.

I have some questions for you:

What is the exit rule?

Where i put the stop loss?

Thanks in advance

Fast_cris

stop loss is 34 pips target should be 34 if there are no obstecles in way fibpivots emas etc

nina:
Hi, ValeoFX!

Do you think I'm amusing myself or wasting my time demoing CatFX50?

All I know is that the system gave a right signal. To take it or not isn't up to the system, but to the phsycology of the trader.

Nina

Nina, I am sorry if you think that I am "attacking" you! Not the case at all!! personally I have benefitted from your work as I have changed my 34-EMA that I have been trading for 4 years, to your 50-EMA which is undoubtedly supperior. My writing was just to draw the attention of the "newbees" to the fact that it will be unwise to trade any annoucement with a value of an "A" or even a "B" by simply applying the rules for your method.

I apologise unconditionally to you and everyone else on this Forum if you felt attacked. It was not intended. Sorry. That the trade ran in favour of the direction setup by your method, was simply a bonus.