CatFx50 - page 527

yes jessboy i also noticed catfx can work good in 5 min chart but with smaler stops and trailing.We should start new testing ...in some other thread

deepdrunk:
yes jessboy i also noticed catfx can work good in 5 min chart but with smaler stops and trailing.We should start new testing ...in some other thread

yep good idea. I will create the thread as a subthread to Catfx50. I will call it

" CatFx50 5 Minute Testing "

jesseboy:
yep good idea. I will create the thread as a subthread to Catfx50. I will call it " CatFx50 5 Minute Testing "

Hi, Jesseboy!

This is the way nice and educated people do things.

Nina

anyone?

i am in long cable level 4 on the breakout bought in 1.8534. Any one else?

mcsqueeze:
i am in long cable level 4 on the breakout bought in 1.8534. Any one else?

I did the same at 1.8531. Closed 3/4 at 1.8545. The other one with stop at 1.8515. We have a lot of sellers up there. Take care. The same on EURUSD.

It must break clearly 1.2670.

Nina

Hi!

We are having a nasty ranging market full up of traps and what it should be a sell according to data turns up being a buy.

As I'm confident with catFX50, I'm going to tell you a story which I think it explains where the Achilles tendon of a trader is.

On Thursday, 2006-06-15 (22:00cet), I shorted (1 full lot) USDCAD at 1.1129. It made a low at 1.1108 ( 23:00cet) -I know, I know, it is not our trading time, but lets keep on with our story-.

I did not close the trade and I let it opened. On Friday, it made 4 times again a low of 1.1108. I did not close it. I though USDCAD would break that damn 1,1108 and would go to 1.1078/1.1060, where I had my taking profit. My stop was set from the beginning at 1.1164. On Friday, I lowered at 2 pips above pivot at 1.1140.

At 11:30cet (Friday), USDCAD hit my stop. It opened above EMA50. Histo kept in red mode. Ok, I was out with a lost of -11 pips. At 14:00cet, USDCAD had a rush (from 1.1138 to 1,1161) with aNina crossing with dot and green arrow and Hist in green. At 14:30cet, more strength. From 1,1138 first validated signal it went to 1.1250. This is +112 pips.

What do you think I did?

Did I took that buy?

Why didn't I close my short when I saw it couldn't break 1,1108?

Why didn't I lower my stop to b/e at least?

I didn't took that clear buy, because I thought USDCAD couldn't go up.

I did not lower my stop to b/e because I thought that short was a winning one.

I did not lower my stop because I thought it wanted to go to pivot and then reverse with fury.

This is the story.

I think it teaches a lot of things.

Nina

Files:
usdcad.jpg  174 kb

Dear Nina,

You touch on a very real point and I feel for your loss. The same thing has happened to me. The market can be a cruel mistress, just when you think you've gotten to know her, she'll turn on you.

I have to constantly remind myself to forget any assumptions I have about the market. Whenever I felt I knew what it was going to do I've lost too.

moneyline

moneyline:
Dear Nina,

You touch on a very real point and I feel for your loss. The same thing has happened to me. The market can be a cruel mistress, just when you think you've gotten to know her, she'll turn on you.

I have to constantly remind myself to forget any assumptions I have about the market. Whenever I felt I knew what it was going to do I've lost too.

moneyline

LoL . I see I'm not the only one victim of last week...

I think I will put a sign at the top of my LCD:

"WHEN U TRADE DONT THINK THAT U KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN! JUST WATCH YOUR TOOLS AND PUSH THE BUTTON"

I know Kalenzo, I have a similar one: Don't think ! REACT !!!

moneyline

moneyline:
I know Kalenzo, I have a similar one: Don't think ! REACT !!! moneyline

Hi!

I'd not like to be misunderstood. We need to think. But what is totally wrong is to keep wishing when the market and your system is telling you your "wishes" are wrong. Then is when you must react.

Market gave me the opportunity to close my possie with a small gain if you want and I did not take it. Then, the market and CatFX50 gave me the opportunity to take a big gain and I did not take it.

Nina