CatFx50 - page 190

adrazz:
There was another signal on EURUSD, buy at 1.1919 am I correct in saying this? Also the sell signal for EURUSD why do you say it was level 2? It seemed to me that it was a level 1.

Thanks again Nina for a great simple system that works well.

GDPUSD, buy at 1.7363

Hi adrazz,

the mentioned sell signal on eurusd is level 2 because of there was no stepma_stoch crossing, yellow was still unter blue, just the space between the lines is getting wider.

The gbpusd by 1,7363 was not really clear for me - because of in my chart the histogram and the lines stepma_stoch show a little different signals (histo was green yet, original stepma_Stoch yellow unter blue).

b.r. mibl

catfx5

Mibl,

Do you know of any audio alerts for catfx50?

tks leighton

leightonbeaty:
Mibl,

Do you know of any audio alerts for catfx50?

tks leighton

Hi leighton,

search in the indicator section of this forum. You will find an alert for stepma_Stoch crossing, EMA Crossing, ....

Furthermore the CatFX50 / CatFX50K indicators could be configured with alert=on at the indicator parameters so that it will show the MT4's alert box combined with an audio alert. For the standard usage this is turned off.

But when a signal occurs these will beep all the time - al little annoying.

But with these automtatic alerts and indicators you do not get all trading signals, sometimes you have some level 2 signals which do not have a crossing before.

I use an "indicator" (even more a timer - bar_close_alarm - i put it in the indicators section) which gives me a short signal, two minutes before the next candle closes. So I have the chance to look at the chart and to decide if this is a setup which could be traded by catfx rules or not.

b.r. mibl

+135 Pips for GBP/USD......

nina:
Hi!

Today's RECAP:

GBPUSD, sell (level 2) at 1.7364 (14:00cet). Made a low at 1.7229. +135 pips.

USDCHF, buy (level 2) at 1.3138 (09:00cet). Made a high at 1.3227. +89 pips.

EURUSD, sell (level2) at 1.1906 (14:30cet). Made a low at 1.1859. +65 pips.

TOTAL= + 289 pips.

It is just my opinion, my thoughts, as worthy as others: if eurusd does not lose soon level 1.18, we'll see it above 1.21 and more.

Banks, Institutions and big pockets protect 1.18. For long? We'll see.

Nina

Surely it was "unwise" to have traded the NFP before the announcement was made? Secondly, how would you have been able to pick 135 pips after the announcement? Live trading is very different, isn't it?

mibl:
Hi adrazz,

the mentioned sell signal on eurusd is level 2 because of there was no stepma_stoch crossing, yellow was still unter blue, just the space between the lines is getting wider.

The gbpusd by 1,7363 was not really clear for me - because of in my chart the histogram and the lines stepma_stoch show a little different signals (histo was green yet, original stepma_Stoch yellow unter blue).

b.r. mibl

Thanks for the reply. look at my chart I had a clear entry signal for the earlier buy and for the sell it crossed the Stoch which made it a level one for me. Have I set the stock incorrectly?

Files:

Originally Posted by nina

Hi!

Today's RECAP:

GBPUSD, sell (level 2) at 1.7364 (14:00cet). Made a low at 1.7229. +135 pips.

USDCHF, buy (level 2) at 1.3138 (09:00cet). Made a high at 1.3227. +89 pips.

EURUSD, sell (level2) at 1.1906 (14:30cet). Made a low at 1.1859. +65 pips.

TOTAL= + 289 pips.

It is just my opinion, my thoughts, as worthy as others: if eurusd does not lose soon level 1.18, we'll see it above 1.21 and more.

Banks, Institutions and big pockets protect 1.18. For long? We'll see.

Nina

I can tell u the banks are just as confused as us small spectaculators but my opinion is what kind of traders are we daytraders thats is saticisfied with 50 pips or position traders going for some bigger swings.. thats why i like catfx perfect system for daytrading :-) i havent folowed this thread for some time but i had seen many talking about exit strategies. i personally think its just as importortant as quick as posible to trail to breakeven or a 50 pip limit or better. i agree with with 1.18 level but if i remmember right everybody was talking about option barrier on the dollaryen at every 100 pip level trend last year i gues we just have to wait and see..

sailor

Hist_StepMA_Stoch..............

Could anyone please tell me on what setting Stochastic this was written?

Secondly, the "false breakout" on Friday (see attached screenprint), was only "ON" according to the 03:30 am (est) candle as the Hist_StepMA_Stoch turned GREEN. However, for those of you that have traded longer with this indicator such as NINA, is that considered an ENTRY ? (The CCI very kindly kept me out of that entry)

What role does the 2 RED lines on the Hist_StepMA_Stoch play in the decision-making-process if any and why is it there?

Finally, Was the tiny little GREEN bars indicative of the fact that the trade was not on?

Your comments would be much appreciated. Thx.

I will try tomorrow to attach the screen-print as it simply won't attach at the moment. Sorry.

ValeoFX:
Surely it was "unwise" to have traded the NFP before the announcement was made? Secondly, how would you have been able to pick 135 pips after the announcement? Live trading is very different, isn't it?

Hi, ValeoFX!

Do you think I'm amusing myself or wasting my time demoing CatFX50?

All I know is that the system gave a right signal. To take it or not isn't up to the system, but to the phsycology of the trader.

Nina

jimmylad:
Hi my name is Jim & I live in Derby (UK) & this is my very first post on this site.

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to say many thanks to Nina & all the participants in this thread as it has made fascinating reading.

On Monday I will be paper trading this method (on MT4) over the coming weeks with a view to trading live once I can return consistant weekly profits. I will be using a spread betting account when I go live which is nice co there is no tax to pay on any profits.

I will try to give everyone a daily update so that people monitoring this thread can see how someone with just a few short weeks of FX experience progress's.

Fingers crossed & once again many thanks.

Jim

Nice one Jim, I am also from the UK let us know how it goes with the spreadbet account, I am currently using an Oanda account

Help!

I've downloaded "CatFX50.mq4" to my desktop and now have in the experts file. I have put it in the Meta Editor and clicked compile. But the only thing I see happen is a line at the bottom of the screen that says 0 errors 0 warning. I cannot find it listed anywhere as CatFX50.ex4 which is what I understand the mt4 software is looking for. Can anyone give the "Dummy"version of how to get it into metatrader, like click (1) click(2)etc until it is in the Expert Alerts part of METATrader. Thanks for help TallP