MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 27

xaphod: This is not a beta. This is production software being pushed to users via silent/forced updates for trading on live accounts with real money.

xaphod: Who said anything about anyone being forced to trade real money with it? "production software being pushed to users via silent/forced updates"

My live account was updated without any interaction on my part. If that is not a silent/forced update then we are clearly not speaking the same language. What exaclty is the purpose of the software if it is not for trading real money and why do brokers offer it for trading on live accounts?

• Do-not take your sentences out of context, in-order to make a point.
  • You're implying that you're being forced to trade live with real money with this.
  • If we agree that you're not forced then ... good we agree on something :)
  • For the rest of your question, did you install in Program-Files with UAC turned-On?
  • If Yes ... did UAC not detect the program trying to Make Changes to your Computer?
  • If No ... do you understand the Implications of performing an Advanced-Installation?
  • Just questions no assumptions because I do-not know what u did ... or what you know.

ubzen:
  • Do-not take your sentences out of context, in-order to make a point.
  • You're implying that you're being forced to trade live with real money with this.

It is not out of context. 'Silent/forced' updates is used in referral to the software and the purpose of said software is to trade on live accounts.
I'm implying that I'm forced to update the software, not that I'm forced to trade. Furthermore, the EULA states that "updates are not optional" or something to that effect.

Clearly we are not speaking the same language. There is no point in taking this discussion any further.

I'm going to start a new thread about MT4 and UAC i think it would be helpful.

SDC: I'm going to start a new thread about MT4 and UAC i think it would be helpful.
  • Please do. I would very much be interested in learning something new about UAC.
  • I've read the entire Wiki page and that didn't help too much. Maybe because
  • I skipped the entire Windows Vista experience and jumped to Windows7 recently.
  • Thank You ....

v604, ArrayCopy in old version compiled script will run ok on new version,

but I still don't know what's the right way to use ArrayCopy in new version script ( compile under new version)

void DebugRateArray(double rateArray[][6], int count=5)
{
    for(int i=0; i<count; i++)
    {
        Print("T" + i + "=" + TimeToStr(rateArray[i][0]),
            ", O="+DoubleToStr(rateArray[i][1],4),
            ", L="+DoubleToStr(rateArray[i][2],4),
            ", H="+DoubleToStr(rateArray[i][3],4),
            ", C="+DoubleToStr(rateArray[i][4],4));
    }
}

int start()
{
    double RateArray[][6];
    int rateCount = ArrayCopyRates(RateArray, Symbol(), Period());

Print("rate count=", rateCount);
    DebugRateArray(RateArray);

double copyArray[][6];
    int size = ArrayResize(copyArray, 20);  //return size=20, vs old version return 120
    Print("copy size=", size);

//int copied_size = ArrayCopy(copyArray,RateArray,0, rateCount*6-size*6, size*6); //can't get right result
    int copied_size = ArrayCopy(copyArray,RateArray,0, rateCount-size, size);  //can't get right result
    Print("copied size=", copied_size);

DebugRateArray(copyArray);    
}

I got result on new version: (compiled under new version)

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T4=1970.01.01 00:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T3=1970.01.01 00:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T2=1970.01.01 03:04, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T1=2013.06.17 20:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T0=1970.01.01 00:00, O=0.0000, L=0.0000, H=0.0000, C=0.0000

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: copied size=20

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: copy size=20

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T4=2014.02.07 04:00, O=1.3591, L=1.3585, H=1.3594, C=1.3585

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T3=2014.02.07 08:00, O=1.3585, L=1.3552, H=1.3588, C=1.3563

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T2=2014.02.07 12:00, O=1.3563, L=1.3562, H=1.3642, C=1.3588

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T1=2014.02.07 16:00, O=1.3588, L=1.3585, H=1.3623, C=1.3620

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: T0=2014.02.07 20:00, O=1.3620, L=1.3619, H=1.3640, C=1.3639

2014.02.09 11:25:54.486 testScript_NewMql EURUSD,H4: rate count=1000

1. Is is my imagination or ... have I not been coming to mql4.com for a while and seen a banner saying that mql4 was getting an update in MARCH? When did it get bumped up to February 3rd? Makes no difference now, what's done is done.. I'm just wondering if I have been hallucinating?

2. If mql4.com knew this new "improved" version was coming can someone kindly guide me to the NEW pdf manual or book. The 'documentation' and 'book' tabs seem to still have the old and now outdated information. I'd really rather read and learn what changes I need to implement in my code rather than just blindly update to 600+ and try to stumble and fumble my way through error codes and figure out what I need to change. Is that to much to ask? Where is the documentation?

3. I can't believe brokers actually allowed trading software to be automatically "updated" .... no that is the wrong word... this was not an "update" implementing new options. This was a CHANGE in software programs. A change in software that in many cases was in use at the time that the change occurred with open trades at the time. My heart goes out to those who lost money in their accounts due to the way this was handled. Can you imagine if someone decided they wanted to change the software that all the 747's in the world use to communicate with their sensors and equipment on a certain date, made an announcement about that fact, and then on that date switched all the systems at once to the new software EVEN ON THE PLANES IN FLIGHT AT THE TIME? Wow what a good way to crash some planes and get yourself sued.

4. How about this? Next time you want to implement such sweeping change in the way the code is written. You first publish and make available to us in a manual form the NEW way that things should be written and then we can write new versions of our code so that when you change to the new version we can implement our new files. This way of updating the software and then trickling out information as to what needs changed seems to not be the best way to do it.... or maybe there is some huge file somewhere with the new version of mql4 600 layed out for all to read and understand... if so I apologize for being so ignorant. Can someone provide me the link.. And don't tell me to install the program and then read the help file. I want the documentation first.

1. For some reason MQ used the American date format in their banner, mm/dd/yyyy.

Jimdandy:

1. Is is my imagination or ... have I not been coming to mql4.com for a while and seen a banner saying that mql4 was getting an update in MARCH? When did it get bumped up to February 3rd? Makes no difference now, what's done is done.. I'm just wondering if I have been hallucinating?

2. If mql4.com knew this new "improved" version was coming can someone kindly guide me to the NEW pdf manual or book. The 'documentation' and 'book' tabs seem to still have the old and now outdated information. I'd really rather read and learn what changes I need to implement in my code rather than just blindly update to 600+ and try to stumble and fumble my way through error codes and figure out what I need to change. Is that to much to ask? Where is the documentation?

3. I can't believe brokers actually allowed trading software to be automatically "updated" .... no that is the wrong word... this was not an "update" implementing new options. This was a CHANGE in software programs. A change in software that in many cases was in use at the time that the change occurred with open trades at the time. My heart goes out to those who lost money in their accounts due to the way this was handled. Can you imagine if someone decided they wanted to change the software that all the 747's in the world use to communicate with their sensors and equipment on a certain date, made an announcement about that fact, and then on that date switched all the systems at once to the new software EVEN ON THE PLANES IN FLIGHT AT THE TIME? Wow what a good way to crash some planes and get yourself sued.

4. How about this? Next time you want to implement such sweeping change in the way the code is written. You first publish and make available to us in a manual form the NEW way that things should be written and then we can write new versions of our code so that when you change to the new version we can implement our new files. This way of updating the software and then trickling out information as to what needs changed seems to not be the best way to do it.... or maybe there is some huge file somewhere with the new version of mql4 600 layed out for all to read and understand... if so I apologize for being so ignorant. Can someone provide me the link.. And don't tell me to install the program and then read the help file. I want the documentation first.

1) The date of the Market Release Banner was Feb 3, 2014. At this point, most active members understood that the New mt4+ was being released on February 3, 2014 even though it only specified the market. Later a new Banner came up with the date of 3.2.2014 for the release of the Terminal Update. The new date format was European Style. As you hovered you mouse over the banner it stated February 3, 2014.

2) See attached.

3) Its closer to Windows update than Air-Plane Software Update while in the Sky. Lmao. Even Windows Update is more critical than this one. If Windows crashes ... mt4 crashes as well. That doesn't stop Microsoft's default option for auto-update and install ... On. One time I was in the middle of writing a letter and my pc started to shut-down ... I was like wtf.

4) Everything with this upgrade wasn't perfect. But now we can only make the best of the situation. We were informed about this from the pre-alpha stage. 99% of old-mql4 stuff still works. The rest are being fixed and improved.

Files:

You have option in windows updates but not in mt4. Eg. My robot PC windows automatic updates are disabled and also all other updates of other programs. I am doing it manually at weekends if necessary. But the MT4 has no option for that, that is the main issue. My robot does not work correctly after update and this was the most critical issue. Suppose you are forced by windows to update, ok fine, but have you experienced such an issue that your favarute and most critical sw doesn't work after a windows update? No I havent. Besides many codes in the mt4 base does not work after 574. I guess the codebase in mt4 also should be corrected. What mq is trying to achive is fully understandable from their point of view. If I were them I would do it. This two different incompatable platforms are not sustainable from technical and commercial point of view. Suppose you have windows 7 and windows 8 but windows 7 programs does not run on windows 8. Then you cant sell windows 8 even windows 9. This was the situation of mq now they are correcting a big mistake of incompatable mt5 by upgrading the mt4. But unfortunately they did it very hard. Thanks to the forum and moderators that I'm able to get quick replys for my issues.

aed71:
You have option in windows updates but not in mt4. Eg. My robot PC windows automatic updates are disabled and also all other updates of other programs. I am doing it manually at weekends if necessary. But the MT4 has no option for that, that is the main issue. My robot does not work correctly after update and this was the most critical issue. Suppose you are forced by windows to update, ok fine, but have you experienced such an issue that your favarute and most critical sw doesn't work after a windows update? No I havent. Besides many codes in the mt4 base does not work after 574. I guess the codebase in mt4 also should be corrected. What mq is trying to achive is fully understandable from their point of view. If I were them I would do it. This two different incompatable platforms are not sustainable from technical and commercial point of view. Suppose you have windows 7 and windows 8 but windows 7 programs does not run on windows 8. Then you cant sell windows 8 even windows 9. This was the situation of mq now they are correcting a big mistake of incompatable mt5 by upgrading the mt4. But unfortunately they did it very hard. Thanks to the forum and moderators that I'm able to get quick replys for my issues.

1) You still have this option via Windows UAC. But yeah, you cannot set this option in Mt.

2) Heck .. Yeah, I just restored my computer. Fast restore, but then it toke me 2-days to download all Microsoft's updates.

Now my Opera-Browser doesn't function like before. DirectX doesn't function like before.

Just say No through the UAC warning. If someone get updated to 604 they can revert back to 509 by uninstalling and reinstalling 509. If someone needs a copy of 509 let them send me a pm. Yeah, that's what I taught 509 doesn't work for no-one. Giving someone an option to stick with 509 which doesn't work for no-one wouldn't really be an option now would it? 99% of 604 works and that's better than nothing ... that's just my opinion.