MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 24

gchrmt4: The normal procedure would be for the installer or software to refuse to work on unsupported operating systems.
That's going to stop someone's trading dead in its tracks. Just another sad excuse.

PML100: Either Metaquotes don't do a good job off informing their clients (brokers) of the update that are planned and what this will mean for the end user or the brokers don't pass on the information.

• Or regular users do-not pay attention.
  • I on the other hand have seen dozen of posts from other users on this forum.
  • The brokers provided the warning of the update to these users.
  • Some of these user even knew it was the month of February.
  • I've seen good examples of MQ providing good communication to brokers.
  • One example is the 3rd-Party add-on's being removed from the platform.
  • There were letters upon letters ... to brokers for breaking the agreements.
  • When the changes were coming ... there were letters upon letters form brokers to clients.
  • The brokers does a good job of covering their a** and saying ....
  • If your trading || trading tools goes bad ... do-not blame us ... Mq is breaking this.
  • There was also allot of Other-Website & Forums weighing in on Mq-Motives.
  • However, when the Changes does happen, is the End User's reaction any Different?
  • Nope ... that's when they spring into action ... give me a break.

szgy74: So far I was not so close to abandon this whole business, there are dozens of programming environments out there, I am already very tired of this.
Please by all means ... use the other dozens of programming environments. If I had a problem with a business model, I do-not keep using the same product ... that's how consumers make their voices heard.

angevoyageur: They are not dozens of versions BECAUSE the automatic update policy of Metaquotes. If the server won't accept old version and there is no automatic update, it will not be some dozens of people who open topics here but thousands.
Yep ... Agreed.

gchrmt4: It is obviously possible to support a small number of versions without immediately forcing people onto the latest version. You force an update - or display a warning - in the oldest version when it is about to expire.
  • There's nothing immediate here.
  • The clock simple ran down on the users.
  • Typical users would get warning from UAC
  • Mt4 is a specific software which implies connection with a Broker
  • Its not a general purpose OS || Plug-In || Browser.
  • If someone doesn't want it to work ... just say NO.

I believe lack of communication is part of the problem. My broker was under the impression this update would only affect MQL4 developers and that all previously compiled ex4 applications would be totally compatable with the upgrade.

For this reason they did not make a big deal about it. I received only a single communication from them, it appeared in the mail tab of MT4. I did not recieve any regular email.

Ovo: I am getting surprised every time the terminal start and immediately quits. It looks like a fatal failure during startup if I do not know the reason.

I usually start nervously to double-click the MT4 shortcut to start it up again, until I realize it has been a stealth update. I hate it, as it gives courage to MQL4 script vendors to implement their own stealth updates (I tried it a year ago, it apparently worked). It is NOT in line with my feelings.

• These types of statements have the implication of scaring the masses. You'll have to explain more ... unless your intend is just scaring people.
  • Buy Mql4-Script-Vendor, I'm guessing you're referring to someone who sells MT4 software from their own shop and it includes a .DLL. ?
  • If someone is allowing a .DLL from a 3rd-Party Developer, they have allot more to worry about then Stealth-Updates.
  • If you know a way of doing this within mql4, please let us know, we'll inform the Service-Desk.
  • If your response is ... this isn't my responsibility blah..blah..blah. Then why bring it up in the first place? Wass-up with the scare-tactics?

SDC: I believe lack of communication is part of the problem. My broker was under the impression this update would only affect MQL4 developers and that all previously compiled ex4 applications would be totally compatable with the upgrade.

• Brokers staff are usually dumb. Ever tried chatting with one of them ... they're the last ones to know (or pretend not to know).
  • If my company used Meta-Trader and Meta-Quotes left me in the dark like that, I'd stop offering Meta-Trader to my Clients ... Period.
  • I do-not buy their excuses one bit. They're covering their a** as usual. They're MQ's Clients for God's sake ... Threaten them.
  • Exactly what are they trying to display here .... Ignorance || Incompetence ?
  • From the responses on this form ... some of them knew as early as 6-months ago ... if some knew ALL knew.
  • Its not that difficult to have a milling list of Brokers ... Or do people also believe that Mq tailors their Announcements to individual Brokers?

hello, i have a precedence question.

for old mt4 code:

x = bool1 && bool2 && bool3 && bool4 || bool5; //old mt4 code

what was the precedence rule for old mt4?

cbalta:

hello, i have a precedence question.

for old mt4 code:

x = bool1 && bool2 && bool3 && bool4 || bool5; //old mt4 code

what was the precedence rule for old mt4?

Use ( ) braces and there is no issue . ..

Old build 509 and earlier Precedence