Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 130

David Moody:
Anyone else notice the FIFO filter doesn't work correctly if someone was trying to filter results?  I have 2 signals running and both are US based on Oanda so my broker will not allow me to break FIFO rules but you would never find them if you checked the closing by FIFO filter when looking for a signal

Yes, this filter doesn't always work as it should.

David Moody:
Anyone else notice the FIFO filter doesn't work correctly if someone was trying to filter results?  I have 2 signals running and both are US based on Oanda so my broker will not allow me to break FIFO rules but you would never find them if you checked the closing by FIFO filter when looking for a signal
There is one script (for MT5) created by Paul Anscombe.
This script will print FIFO status of the trading account to the Experts log so you can check your two signals/accounts.
The script was uploaded yesterday to the post 

Hi, I just created a new signal, but I noticed the ROI is 0% when it should be 260%?

Koh Kok Yeow:
Hi, I just created a new signal, but I noticed the ROI is 0% when it should be 260%?

Abnornal monthly growths (usually above 150-200%) are ingnored by the system and greyed out.

Is it truly bad to trade manually with a signal? I am reading the FAQ and it scares me a bit. My plan was to trade manually and with an EA that I normally do. Then to add a signal just on low risk in the background. But now after reading the instructions below it scares me a bit that it sounds like it is not recommended and maybe can even cause problems. Or this purely when you are starting the signal. It sounds to me that the signal will close all of my orders and all of any pending orders before it starts. So this would not be good for me if I didn't know for sure. So is this actually what happens? And once it is synchronized will my EA and my manual trading really now work properly anymore?

Why manual trading leads to problems with copying of signals (accounts out of sync)? Why I cannot simultaneously subscribe to a signal and trade on one account?

Manual intervention in trading on account subscribed to a signal, prevents correct copying of Provider's signals and complicates the analysis of signal copying results.

• Subscription to a signal means that you completely rely on Provider's trading strategy. Positions and pending orders created by you or any other signal are not part of the current Provider's trading strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated based on the value of account balance. Subscriber's positions opened manually or by any other signal increase the deposit load and may also prevent signal copying due to insufficient free margin or lead to Margin Call.
  • The netting position accounting system allows you to have only one position for one symbol at the same time. If Subscriber's and Provider's accounts have open positions for the same symbols, signal copying can lead to a reverse of the final position or to a significant change in its volume.

Should the synchronization reveal any inconsistencies, i.e. positions different from those of the Provider or any pending orders set, a standard pop-up window will appear to prompt you for permission to synchronize.
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

BoozeHound:

Is it truly bad to trade manually with a signal? I am reading the FAQ and it scares me a bit. My plan was to trade manually and with an EA that I normally do. Then to add a signal just on low risk in the background. But now after reading the instructions below it scares me a bit that it sounds like it is not recommended and maybe can even cause problems. Or this purely when you are starting the signal. It sounds to me that the signal will close all of my orders and all of any pending orders before it starts. So this would not be good for me if I didn't know for sure. So is this actually what happens? And once it is synchronized will my EA and my manual trading really now work properly anymore?

Why manual trading leads to problems with copying of signals (accounts out of sync)? Why I cannot simultaneously subscribe to a signal and trade on one account?

Manual intervention in trading on account subscribed to a signal, prevents correct copying of Provider's signals and complicates the analysis of signal copying results.

• Subscription to a signal means that you completely rely on Provider's trading strategy. Positions and pending orders created by you or any other signal are not part of the current Provider's trading strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated based on the value of account balance. Subscriber's positions opened manually or by any other signal increase the deposit load and may also prevent signal copying due to insufficient free margin or lead to Margin Call.
  • The netting position accounting system allows you to have only one position for one symbol at the same time. If Subscriber's and Provider's accounts have open positions for the same symbols, signal copying can lead to a reverse of the final position or to a significant change in its volume.

Should the synchronization reveal any inconsistencies, i.e. positions different from those of the Provider or any pending orders set, a standard pop-up window will appear to prompt you for permission to synchronize.

Technically is possible, but its not advisable because you interfere with the money management the signal provider has in mind.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Abnornal monthly growths (usually above 150-200%) are ingnored by the system and greyed out.

Thanks.

If the account age is more than 1 month, then this will not happen?

Koh Kok Yeow:

Thanks.

If the account age is more than 1 month, then this will not happen?

It will happen too.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It will happen too.

Ah, then why do we still see accounts/signals with 1000% ROI?

Koh Kok Yeow:

Ah, then why do we still see accounts/signals with 1000% ROI?

If that growth is divided between all the months of the year is not abnormal.