MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 691

Hi,  i was coding a History CSV Analyser for here offered Signals. I found following issue which might cause possible problem :  First screenshoot:   Explanation: Exit Date is earlier than Entry Date. I personally thing the Date should be next day (probably) but the stamp is from first day. See...
int total;    total  = OrdersTotal();     for(cnt = 0; cnt < total; cnt++)      {        OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);        if(OrderType() <= OP_SELL && OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) // Isn't it a less than, equal to sign?          {            if(OrderType() == OP_BUY)   // Why...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I was wondering why this array initialization won't compile. const int ORDERS = 10 ; int orderTicketArr[ORDERS]; the error is : invalid index value I would like to set 10 to a input variable but I can't even get it to work like this. any help would be much appreciated thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, i bought VPS server with Ubuntu on board and i have a problem right now. MT4 is working fine but notifications are not. In the logs there is:   2014.12.23 21:00:55.339    Notifications: 'Test message from 'xxx', 'Trading Point Of Financial Instruments Ltd'' sent to '3xxx' Notifications: failed...
Hi everybody! I wrote an simple script, that can not work. It should find the first candle of  Wednesday from right to left on the used time frame etc: PERIOD_H1, but it can not work and i dont know why. This code is so simply and am i so idiot i can not write it?? :) Please somebody help!   Thank...
Hi, I made this code to create increasing gaps between next orders. Can someone help me understand how to compact this?  Thank you as always I appreciate it. (ps i intentionally left out index 0 in the examples) void gapsteps()  {        double firstgap = GapBetweenOrders * .0001;     double...
Hello folks, as I have seen through the trade mt have made in the tester I found something I did not really understand:    if(Close[1] > ma) If this is the case a buy order should open and if Close[1] < Moving Average the Order should be closed. But this happened:  the Bar before Entry: Close 87.530...
[Deleted]
Hi i have a problem with my strategy tester when i begin testing my experts , it will get new position every minutes and close all positions with 1 or 2 pips does anybody know what is the problem? thank you
Hi Guys, are there some "traps" in backtesting on mt4 tester? Some things only working in the tester but not on live mode? Ideas are welcome.
[Deleted]
Hello, I want to do completely automatic backesting using initialization files. I used to have a solution for this (using wrong log in data and setting "AutoConfiguration" to false) but it stopped to work. My main problem is that I am unable to prevent Metatrader from popping up windows asking me to...
Hello Guys, i hope someone can help me here to understand my problem or to solve it :). i have some indicators which i'm using for my trading no matter which one, but i have notified that they all shows sometimes signals which they would never show. I will try to explain that a little bit more...
[Deleted]
Hi There,   My name is Danny and I am trying to finish up a report for my college studies. We are trying to test few theories on trend following and we created an EA using the attached indicator. Indicator is re-painting but this is not relevant for our study. We are using a demo account to test...
Hi, I created this custom indicator to draw an arrow at Swing Hi's and Lo's. Can't figure out why it is not drawing the arrows when I apply it to a chart. Any ideas? ThemBonez //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
Hi all,    My EA crashed by an "array out of range" via High[0]. I had never met such case. What happened? My MT4 was updated for Build 765 before the error. Is it a bug of Build 765?   FYI, MT4, Build 765, USDJPY. MT4 was updated for Build 765 at 16:12:04 21.12.2014 (EST). Ticks update was started...
how to get market type,tme in force,status from order information
[Deleted]
  TestGenerator  (3)
When i run an EA backtest, it does not work. In the journal tab it says: TestGenerator: no ticks generated Can somebody please help/ Thanks.
[Deleted]
Dear All, I would like to have the information of my last OrderProfit values. I expect that this will be ensured with an array function. Could anybody be so kind and give me a hint about this code. Thanks in advance. fino
Hi I have realized something really strange with metatrader on different Computers. I have the following code snippet: ObjectCreate("t1", OBJ_LABEL,  WindowOnDropped( ), 0, 0);ObjectSet("t1",OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 20);ObjectSet("t1", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 40);ObjectSetText("t1","Teststring", 8, "Arial",...
Hey guys! 3 questions to coders:  1. Is it possible to code the next kind of a straddle-like EA  and how much would you want to get for this job: a. It has to be for mt5 and/or mt4. b. It has to place market orders (not pending orders) when a certain time's candle made a certain move. c. It has to...
Hi, I have a problem: Is it possible to get a candle high under MT4 strategy tester? I have tried with this code, but what I got is 0 or something wrong tick data. candle_count=iBars(Symbol());tesztfile=FileOpen("adatgyujtes.txt",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,";");FileWrite(tesztfile,"nyitoar ","max/min_close...
[Deleted]
With some changes I can't verify my coding will not compile correctly since I upgraded to Build 625. What I need is an updated reference manual in PDF format as the older version is--do you have that available to download?
  Optimal moving average  (161   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
There are 2 averages on the chart - the blue one is more accurate in its price envelope. Purely practically, it is inconvenient to make an assessment of the chart every time and then readjust the moving averages. Although, the human eye is able to do it quite well and accurately. Have you understood
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm looking for tutorials that relate to the MQL4 Build 600+ and more specifically the Object-Oriented Programming part. Regards,
[Deleted]
because i wish to running ea on free vps server.
[Deleted]
Hello, I want mql4 code to set user id and password to protect my EA, when user call the EA it shows a windows  which want user id and password. if this user id and password match then it will work otherwise not. Please help me to give such code 
Hi all, I'm reposting my question in this forum since it's MT4 related. Previous post can be found: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/38428 On topic now: When i do a back-testing over a long period of time (begin 2000 to end 2014), the back-tester stops half 2013 and is therefore not doing a test over...
Hello I have found excellent piece of automated trading software for the MetaTrader 4. This Forex Strategy Trader http://forexsb.com/forex-strategy-trader.html enables to run your own EA's inside the MetaTrader 4 without any coding skills. You just set your parameters for your strategy, set it to...
Hello,   This seems to be a very odd problem but I have a line of code which takes a screenshot with a certain size.  The image file always gets created but sometimes the file size is 0 an others its the full image.  It's the same code that gets executed on the same mt4 instance so I can't figure...
[Deleted]
this is my code.igot some problam when the "new tickets"and"close"Condition was set up in the same time. will look line this photo. now,I want add a new code to set . every bars were only trade once in the same bar. i try many method like timefram , int bars or Bars,but it's not work. so please give...
[Deleted]
Hello, I get the error during backtesting: 2014.12.17 21:44:13.420    2013.12.02 02:00  array out of range in 'ZigZag.mq4' (77,28) I use: ZZ = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"ZigZag",ExtDepth,ExtDeviation,ExtBackstep,0,1); The test runs from 1.1.2013 until 1.12.2014 and stops without any trades. If I...