MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 684

When using iTime, how can I specify a specific time upon each hourly change?  I.e. if I wanted 12:50 > 13:50 > 14:50 > 15:50 and so forth. I want to store this an a datetime that I can call every hour (rather than just looking at each iTime(NULL, 60, 1) which I do not want as that is on the hour...
Hi  I need help to figure out what is wrong with my codes like to delete a file and figure out the path. #import "kernel32.dll"    int CopyFileA(string lpExistingFileName,string lpNewFileName, bool bFailIfExists);    int DeleteFileA(string lpFileName); #import  ...  ...    DeleteFileA(D...
[Deleted]
Hi All, Does anyone know about a Free Mt4 QUOTE freeze/status plugin ?   Thank you 
1st: whats actually different in... iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1)iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,-1)iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+1)iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i-1)    2nd: If i have a...
  Floating Charts  (1)
Hi community I've recently installed MT4 (required by my broker). Is there a way to cause the charts to float - i.e. pop out of the MT4 software window, particularly for ease of viewing on another monitor? Just wondering if there is free software or a tweak on the platform I'm not aware of. (btw -...
New article Random Forests Predict Trends has been published at mql5.com: This article considers using the Rattle package for automatic search of patterns for predicting long and short positions of currency pairs on Forex. This article can be useful both for novice and experienced traders. The...
Dear all   I would like to know, is it possible for anindicator to draw a line that points are not assigned bar by bar?   For instance:   point 1 at bar[2], point 2 at bar[5], point3 at bar[10], point 4 at bar[11], point 5 at bar[17]……   If yes, is there any indicator provided byMT4 does similar...
  Fib Levels  (18   1 2)
The documentation now gives an example where the individual fib levels can be set (color, style, width, value). Anyone managed to get this working? For me, it is the same as it's always been, namely all levels take the same color, style and width. Excerpt from the documentation:    for(int...
Hi!   I have an indicator that can run from +<a very large nubmer> to -<a very large number>. The problem with this is that after a while the indicator becomes compressed and very hard to read.   Is there a neat way to make the y axis scale according to the current bars showing in window (also...
I just recently change from an android phone to iphone 6, in my new phone i can't seem to make a new order on Metatrader 4, there is a Trade button on the chart view on the top right side but when i click on it nothing happens. when i click on the chart the only options it give me is Indicators...
Searching over previous posts, I found an old one related to this called: "Load Server History - script for MetaTrader 4".   But I am wondering if there is a way to do this from within a script (or EA, ind) now since Build 600 (or 7xx...)? Does anyone know of a way to get all the history from the...
[Deleted]
about two months ago a problem was introduced in the functionality of the equidistant channel. After a channel has been drawn, placing the cursor on the top or the bottom of the channel displays the price at that point of the channel. Formerly, this worked properly for both top and bottom of...
Hi, just a few word about my idea: I want to visually backtest support and resist zones. To do that I have to go back in time and plot them. Then I scroll forward bar by bar until a line is hit. Then I decide what to do and scroll further. Just a simple exercise to learn about price action. Ok, now...
[Deleted]
Hello! Sometimes, after a longer period of running MetaTrader, many indicators on ALL charts get corrupted in the same moment. See the screenshots. - Arrows indicators appear in a strange places (from this moment). - Line indicators changed values. - Old bufor values were reset. There is nothing...
[Deleted]
  Need code help  (7)
hi everybody i am almost coding illiterate so i try to learn by myself. i am trying to make an indicator based on macd cross that will draw horizontal line on the main window when macd line equals zero at different time frames at the same time. i try to modify macd (attached) but it shows nothing....
Hi Can someone please help me. I am trying to purchase the EA Adaptive scalper and when I click buy it just asks me do I have mt4 which I do. when I click yes nothing happens. Does anyone have an e-mail address or contact details where I can purchase this system. I would really appreciate your kind...
I'm confused about what I should be reading Mql4 custom indicator properties vs Mql5 custom indicator properties.   When creating a custom indicator on mql4 it does indeed insert the OnInit() and OnCalculate() functions For example: From MQL5 - https://www.mql5...
Hi,   Im receiving the following error during pass 5++(more than 500) on my ea.    "Optimization stopped due to a fatal error in the EA"   Im thinking that one of the parameters from the optimization is forcing a zero divide on the program...   What else could it be?     Thanks 
After I read the indicator, I still don't understand what value I get with iZig0. Who is familar with zigzag and iCustom()? Could you please help on this? Thanks.     for(i=1; i<ZZBars; i++) double iZig0=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"\\zigzag.ex4",ZZDepth,ZZDev,ZZBack,0,i);
[Deleted]
Hi anybody that reads this. I have successfully setup Renko charting on Gbp/Jpy and it is working fine.  However I am not succeeding with the Euro/Jpy pair. When I go to offline and open offline chart there is no EURJPY,M2 to be seen or found. One can also see the GBPJPY M2 as well as the Renko...
I want to print out the Close price and MA price (1 mintue) though the back testing. Here is the code of the EA: //################################################################## #property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link      "https://www.mql5.com" #property...
Please see the screenshot below. The volume indicator is 1. Does it mean only 1 tick executed each candle? However, you can see the candle has open, close and high prices
Hi, I am new here and I have aproblem with the expert advisor and I don't know how to solve it because yesterday it worked but today it don't and I don't know why I hace reinstall it but I haven't resolved the problem. The problem is when I start the EA the screen show a message that metatrater is...
HI i'm trying to programm an EA that places orders at a certain time of the day and close it at another. The EA works but i have error messages (OrderSend error 130 which means wrong stopLoss) but i cannot find where the error is. I've tried several stopLoss points to see if it came from that, but i...
I'm trying to make a new EA with recursive function and every time I back tested it, its always " Meta Trader has stopped working ". I don't know in which part is the problem. I put some of print statements for debugging but I couldn't see it because it crashed. I also couldn't find some output in...
Hello guys, may I ask you one little question: do you split your EA code within multiple files? If yes, how? Can I move implementation into .mqh files and include them? I am a C/C++ programmer but I'm quite not sure what to do in this MetaEditor... 
I'm fairly new to EA coding but i am completely stumpped here.... I have no errors in my code, no syntax errors, nothing. EA works as it should perfectly when i attach to a demo account forward testing. But it does nothing in the strategy tester! I have tried other EAs (not built by me) in the...
Does anyone here ever bought Rangemasterea? I found the video youtobe, EA seems to look good and follow trends, I also see a real account of their website some good results. if it is nothing to buy, please review here, if EA they really profitable? because I need to know before buying. Thank You.
Hello everyone, help please !!! I'm developing an Expert Adviser on MetaTrader 4. I set the take profit and stop lost at 50 pips. The observation made in the testes with a volume of 0.1 for example, take profit profit gives me 28 euro while a stop lost takes me -38 euro. So what I would like is to...
Hi, I just wrote a little script for a speed test : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| SpeedTest.mq4 | //| Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|