MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 685

Breaking: Alpari UK shuts down its doors http://www.atozforex.com/news/breaking-alpari-uk-shuts-doors/ #forex #breaking #news
Hi all,  after days trying to debug this error I finally come here to ask for your help.  I am developing two EAs that have a file in common. This file has a class which is an Expert Advisor base I wrote with typical functions such as TradeOpen(), TradeClose(), CheckNewBar(), etc. I explain this...
I have a free data sample of DAX30 data from TickData. The data is in csv format and the first three columns of 'tick' data are date, time, price.  Is anyone able to give me some advice on how to convert this into a readable format for use within Metatrader History Center???? Thanks  Tim 
Below is the error screenshot. Who knows the root cause and how to fix it?    
Why would FoundFirst always be equal the Low fractal and never update if a high fractal gets updated on this ZigZag scan... int FoundHigh= 0 ; int FoundLow= 0 ; double FoundFirst= 0 ; int k= 0 ; while (FoundHigh<= 2 && FoundLow<= 2 ) // LAST x ZIGZAG FRACTALS {
I still have not figured out why metaeditor keeps crashing. I do nothing other than try to compile a file and it tells me that I can not save it is write protected. So I have to rename it and then I can compile it. Sometimes all I have to do is hit the space key and I have to get it unlocked by...
Hello, Today I was very surprised that my EA opened a new trade after I closed the order. This did happen because the open and the close were in the same candle, which caused a positive signal of the function "IsNewCandle()". I think the best way to fix this problem is to add a volume-check in the...
Hello, I have several horizontal lines and trendlines in a chart and I want to check if any of them is within a defined price range. Right now I check all objects in a loop if any of them is between my price levels. Is there another/easier possibility to check this without controlling all objects in...
Hello anyone, I am having a problem in MT4 where I try to call OrderTicket() to determine the ticket number for any possible open orders. the return from the OrderTicket() call is a ticket number from the last closed order.  I can see on the screen that that particular ticket number has been closed...
Dear all When I added this indicator to chart, MT4 keeped looping all the time!  (indicator "pha_1" ran normally) What's the problem? Thanks for your help!   wing  #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 SandyBrown#property indicator_color2...
Hello, I have script written for a trailing stoploss reversal program.  I would like to try the inverse of this program.  SELL when it says BUY and vise a versa.  I am getting an error code 130 with the following errors. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I want to check for valid entrys on previous 2 candles and current f.ex. -------- 3 | 1.86 -------- 2 | 1.87 -------- 1 | 1.88  = new candle -------- Buy if candle 3 < as candle 2 and new candle is higher as candle 2 1x blue 2x red = sell the new bar is calculated by new bar open price which should...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to create my first indicator. I copied an indicator from the MQL4 book (see below). This indicator compiles without any errors. However, when I remove the string "//" from this file, I get this error: (1,1)  : error 356: event handling function not found How is it possible for an...
Can users change the default lot size for one-click trading and/or the order popup window?  it always seems to be 1.00 in almost all cases.
[Deleted]
  runtime error  (1)
 I got a runtime error: 2015.01.14 22:11:40.134    cannot load 'C:\Users\Monika\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\......\MQL4\Libraries\stdlib.ex4' what can i do? schiller
Hi, I'm trying to write a function in MQL4 which will calculate my total profit (could be negative, which would mean loss) at a given price. In other words, if I have an open Buy order at price P1 then: my profit at P2 would be ((P2-P1) * volume) - but that's in most simplistic terms, now I need to...
I would like to draw a Trend (cf: the red line in the screenshot) which starts on the current bar and ends on the next new bar. I am using this function: ObjectCreate( trendName, OBJ_TREND,window, timeStart, priceStart, timeStop, priceStop); I have probleme of getting the timeStop value. On Forex,...
Before the new script  starts to run, there are 13 closed orders already. All the 13 orders have absolutely different magic numbers from the one of the new script. However, in the script I wrongly initialize  histroyPOS=0. I found a bug after the new script opened an order and closed it soon in my...
Hello Guys, I heard while ago that mql4 offers programmers to make EA and Custom Indicators. When I search the site I haven't found anything. I'll provide the details of EA once I am on the appropriate path. Could you help find a programmer through MQL4 because I don't want to pay anyone while there...
  Indicator error  (2)
Hi I have downloaded the attached indicator and it has been working for a while, but today when i was looking at the file inside MetaEditor and i compiled it (without changing anything) I got this errors?? and the EA stopped to work. This is the error part of the indicator. void...
  Which balance curve is better?  (73   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
The same EA, with different parameters, produces different curves. Two questions in this regard. 1. I can't decide which one is better. 2. Which balance curve is ideal in REAL EA
Hii people, im trying to code a system that ill can insert a BUY & SELL rules and the rest will be managed by the "system", i would love to get some help with this, so please just aboard if you interested :).    //IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII # 1:  -  We set...
I have been away from the market for about a year. I found this indicator and liked it. My system kept locking up and freezing and the problem was this indicator. I put in and ran a compile on it and it had 16 warnings. So I fixed the warnings. I changed the alerts to false for personal preference....
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am pretty new to MQL4 and have a question about polymorphism in MQL4 which think will be most clear if I show some C# code of what I am trying to achieve: class B{ public void X() { }}class C<T>{ protected T t;}class D : C<B>{ public void Z() { t.X(); }} So, from...
    dears as shown in the picture, i have installed MetaTrader 4 on my new laptop. i realized that the side menu and the tabs are very small     any one can help ?   where can i adjust the settings to make it more visible ?   thanks   faisal 
Dear, Is there any documentation or Doc file details about Dialog.mqh. Because i didn't fine. Thanks. 
Could anyone explain why the log doesn't contain the opening of order #2 ?   (please see the pictures)   
Can I access the values of this default indicator like I can do for iMa? Or I should need to download the indicator that you have on the mql4 database and work with that? Thank you Greetings BeLikewater
[Deleted]
I am trying to make my EA work to record an indicator (using stochastic for now) using the FileWrite() command.  The goal is for this to record the indicator values at every 10th minute and 30th second of every hour. This will be changed for future purposes. The file writes properly and saves as I...
[Deleted]
Python has superb libraries for data handling, math and machine learning. Enabling direct integration with MT4 for algorithmic trading would be a big win, enabling the large number of existing Python programmers to just get to work