MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 689

Programming question, MQL4  (26   1 2 3)
Hi, i have just started to learn mql4. Now, I need to store the high/low of current bar ( or current bid/ask) and keep it without change even if new current bar comes? Till, i decide later to reset it again to current. You can help me with Pseudocode, sample code or whatever.   Your help is much...
Hi All, If an mql4 programmer wants to code an indicator or script, that sums and combines the variations of a basket of 5 pairs, from a Zero Point to start calculating from. And with 8 different Zero Points in history, untill current price, advancing all in every new H1 Bar close.  Send an email  =...
Hi all, I am going to program ZUP. That would be faster and better if you have already a simple Zup for me to look at the code and get understanding of programming process? if you have it, could you please share it with me or let me know the steps doing that. My email: banlinhlinhcon@gmail.com...
I'm coding an EA based on price action, but I have one part where I need to record a "signal bar," (for example a pin bar or a second bar of a 2 bar reversal). So if I see such a bar, I can assign the value iTime of that bar to a global variable. Now, given the datetime of that bar, how can I find...
Hello all; I've recently subscribed to a signal. However, it reads "signal provider has maximal volume of 10000, subscriber has 50" on my MT4 terminal. I have a standard account with 100.000 maximum volume per lot and 500:1 leverage. I have 4300 USD in my account. Signal provider has 4100 USD in his...
I am an experienced trader and used dealbook 360 for years.  I am finding that MT4 is quite different.  I am looking for a pip calculator, how to detach charts, and how to change labels?  I know this is basic but I am not finding what I need in the user manual or online.  Thanks for any help you can...
[Deleted]
Hello, Happy New Year!  I use MT 4 Adroid. I have more positions but I can't find the function to get a Summary overview so that I can close all the positions at once? Can you help me?   Many Thanks   MT4 Test 
Hello friends, Something interesting: Normally, if you open a trade like BUY 1.0 GBPUSD your free margin decrease with 1000, and then if you open a new trade like 1.0 BUY EURUSD your free margin decrease with more 1100 (f.e.) . Some brokers (like Alpari) if you open a new LONG trade like BUY 1.0
[Deleted]
I already posted this a while ago, with build 670 MetaQuotes has introduced a ugly "feature" which logs each and every trade during OPTIMIZATION in the /tester/logs directory. So if you run a big optimization with an EA that generates a lot of trades, you will quickly have 80 to 100gb worth of log
Hi. all trader  first i don't know here have one who like me now. a problem is when i open order system will tole we that "please wait ... order is begin processing by server" right. Usually it's use a little bit time just 3-10 seconds or immediately. but for me it's stay that process about 2-5...
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA that could be compiled. However, the entrysystem when run in the strategy trader is quite whacky. Here is the summary forthe entry rules The Red line is TenkanSen. The Blue line is KijunSen. Open Buy if if(TenkanSen > KijunSen && BuyTicket == 0&& LastClose > MathMax(SenkouSpanA...
Hi all, My name is Harry. I am trying to use attached linear regression slope indicator in my EA, but I'm having trouble retrieving the values of the indicator in my EA. It  is returning always EMPTY_VALUE. I have to use this indicator with MT4, so I have compiled the indicator in MT4 and seems to...
Documentation for some experts can only be made available via the Comments tab, so trying to sell the expert becomes quite hard without documentation.    
  account history  (1)
i clicked on account history to see my trades but it is empty. is there a setting that needs to be changed. its a live account. i know when i used demo it was always there. happy new year to all
Is this possible to apply default template for my EA? because when my EA applies text are invisible while background colour are same. so i would like to apply default template when EA applied. Please suggest me to solve this issue?
[Deleted]
i want use this indicator if color red show Comment (" you can sell") if color green show Comment(" you can buy") i try this code double buy = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"adaptive",0,1);  double sell = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"adaptive",2,1);   Comment("  Buy => "+buy+"  Sell => "+sell);
[Deleted]
Hello,  After opening a specified number of limitorders using a script I am trying to close them after they are activated with OrderClose using the ticket number of the first filled order to avoid FIFO errors.  I am trying to use parallel arrays to get a valid ticket number into OrderClose.  However...
You know 'stoploss' and 'takeprofit' are "double" types in OrderModify(). Is it still necessary to use NormalizeDouble() for 'stoploss' and 'takeprofit'?      e.g. I saw some EAs use  NormalizeDouble(histroyPrice, Digits) to set the 'stoploss' or 'takeprofit' by OrderModify().        However, you...
Can I do this ? I want all of this || all of that if((Alow()!=0 && Bhigh()!=0 && Bhigh() - Alow() >= minABrange*pips2dbl) || (Ahigh()!=0 && Blow()!=0 && Ahigh() - Blow() >= minABrange*pips2dbl)) I mean will this compare the entire left side and right side entirely ? Or will is stop after the first...
When you open an indicator code file, you can see both 'tick_volume[]' and 'volume[]' defined in OnCalculate().  You can see "const long& volume[], // Real Volume" in the help for OnCalculate(). May I understand the value returned from 'volume[]' is the real volume instead of tick volume? Or...
Hey, I am making a MTF indicator to show static moving avarage from D1,W1, and MN1 timeframes in H1. Somehow I got it works for D1 and W1 periods, but I always get "array out of range" for MN1 period. Can somebody help me to find the solution for this problem? Thanks int counted_bars =...
  code help  (1)
I need you to help me on code to select all account deposit from trading terminal. i want to use it to calculate account growth as (Equity/Deposit)-1
Good morning  I test my EA on the strategy tester with EURUSD , and it works , but when I test it with another symbol , it shows me a huge number of error , I try to close all the windows in the metatrader and restart it and try with another symbol ,it works , what confusing me , why didn't work...
Hi all I try to connect my MT 4 with a signal provider which does not work so far. In my brokers MT4 I go to„Tools\Options\tab Signals“. Next to signals there is a link called: „notconnected, select from the signals database“. Then I choose my broker which is listed and then I choose my signal...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                       bgColorChanges10_20_30_40_50.mq4 |//|                      Copyright ?2009, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
Hi there, I'd like to import tick data from https://pepperstone.com/mt4-forex-trading/mt4-tick-chart-history-data.php which is in the below format. EUR/USD,20090501 00:00:00.365,1.32436,1.32451 EUR/USD,20090501 00:00:00.371,1.32437,1.32452 EUR/USD,20090501 00:00:00.605,1.32439,1.32454 MT4 exports as
Hallo, imlooking for a code that allows me to search trough the accounthistory andselects the last 30 trades that a particular EA magic number 66666 has made. Can anybodyhelp me please?   KindRegards   Rene
  Input box (Win32)  (16   1 2)
I've been searching around the net to find a definition for input box (just like MessageBoxA is defined in WinUser32.mqh).  Does anyone know how input box can be called using DLL references or any other means? Thanks in advance!
  I need a help  (1)
Happy new year and plz someone help me Is there anyway to help learning how I analyzing what in my idea good
I found this remark for Hour(): The value returned from Hour() will not change within the time of the programexecution and it's the time of program start. Then please help tell how to get the latest hour of the MT4 server! Thanks and happy new year!