MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 618

Hello, am a newbie in programming and i had problem in creating a function that auto adjust profit such that when i open an order, StopLoss is(+/-) 50 pips. - for OP_BUY and +  for sell order.  i consider this to be initial stopLoss .  Stoploss should always be 50 pips from current price and...
Hi, can someone please let me know how I can add two assigned variables in a single sentence. i can do it with one e.g. "this is an example for a single", variable. But how can I do the same but with two or more variables. Sorry if this seems like a newbie question but I have tried searching for the...
Hi. I am building a script that does the following: From a list of symbols, it opens (ChartOpen) a singular symbol in PERIOD_H4 and analizes Close[1] and makes certain calculations on Chart's max and min prices. Writes results in a file depend on calculatios. Close chart (CloseChart). When ends...
[Deleted]
Hi,   I would like to know if it is possible to get the mql4 code from an stand-alone .ex4 file.  I have seen some programs on the internet, they claim that they can do it, but I am just wondering if it just scam/virus fake programs or if it is really possible. I have actually found something called...
 Does an Array have the maximum limit of dimension? I can't find it in the help instruction.  Is it mentioned in the help instruction?
Hi,   I've developed my own strategy that I am now trying to implement in MQL4, I would like to start to backtest it and continue to develop the logic, but I don't know if I should create a script that I auto-exectue at some time of day, or have some EA that triggers at some point. I currently have...
how do I add a button on the chartwindow can do some thing like "Buy" "Sell"
Hi friends and Traders. when i click to open terminal shortcut again already opened terminal. it's not opening again. is there any way to open multiple terminal from same installation.. Edit: i'm using portable method with /portable  switch. with Regards Saravana
Hi, I Have written an EA which should generate alert as soon as time exceed the current sever time. My time zone differ from server time by 30 min so I have a condition like  if (Cur_time >(Alert_Time_1 - 0.30))  Alert () But Instead of working on Alert time it executes on very next tick. Please...
Using command line to start terminal: "terminal start.ini" where start.ini contains the following parameters: TestExpert=EAname TestExpertParameters=input.set TestSymbol=EURUSD and others... This does not pick up the EAname, but picks up the EURUSD symbol ok. This used to work in previous versions
Hello guys, just as the subject. I have an EA and is not doing well in round numers (for example 1.1400 in EURUSD or 136.00 in EURJPY, etc). How can I define that when it´s close to a round number (for example 15 pips of that number) doesn't take the trade?.  Thanks in advance. 
I've been scratching my head on this one for hours and I'm not sure if I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be. Most of the MTF Stochs I've seen have the higher TF looking  very flat on the smaller TF which makes sense. I've come across one though that shows the higher TF as smooth and...
  MQL4 Forum editor problem  (13   1 2)
This is driving me ************* CRAZY!! If I add code using the SRC button above and click 'INSERT' the cursor remains in the 'window area' generated for the code. If I press ENTER it simply adds more empty lines to the bottom of the code!! I managed to fix this once by adding the MQL4 website to...
Hello :)I made an EA which opens a trade and set the SL and TP automatically without any problem on eur/usd and Gbp/usd, but for some reason it won`t work on the usd/jpy. can anyone help me ?   Thanks Manuel 
[Deleted]
How can i use mq4 idicator in MT5?
[Deleted]
Please add all close button. thanks. 
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                   Time Alert.mq4 | //|                                                      Akshay Jain | //|                                             https://www.mql5.com |...
We have converted a Expert Advisor for VertexFX called Auto SLnTP. Auto stop loss and take profit is a server side script that when started on server applies a stop loss and take profit on pending orders. This is useful to apply stoploass and take profit to stoploss buy and stoploss sell orders. The...
Hello forum, So what happens if one wants to open several accouts with the same broker? so that for each individual EA, say, lot size changes dynamically based on individually allocated account balance. - Is there any way to run multiple accounts on the same MT4 platform (I suspect not..?) or - Is...
Hi all, First I'm newbie about MT and I have some doubt about the alert how it is work. Is it possible to setup the alert to be alert only if the condition is met in the daily time frame while I'm viewing M5 time frame? Thank for any assistance.
Hi,  is it possible to send a faketick from OnInit() before OnInit() is completely done??  My problem is, i want my EA to delete all running indicators from the chart before starting. At the OnInit()-section the EA runns this function:...
I would like to get, whether the price is below 1.12 00 and above 1.11 50 (4 digit) price is below 1.12 000 and above 1.11 500 (5 digit) how to get it to know? eg: At 10:00 AM i would like to see the market, when market price is ranging between 1.11 50 to 1.12 00 my condition is true. how to know by
  When my same EA ran EventSetMillisecondTimer(50) within OnInit() on 4 charts, it returns successful on 1 chart  only, wrong code is " Internal error"(translated to the description) on all other 3 charts. Why did it happen? How to prevent or fix the issue? Thanks.  
Hey guys, I seem to be having a bit of a problem, and any help is appreciated. I am constantly getting OrderSend() errors 130 which I presume to be (ERR_INVALID_STOPS) and 4059 while back testing.. 2015.10.12 11:08:49.210 2015.01.02 11:28  EURUSD,M1: Failed to place a buy stop order,...
Good afternoon to all! I am trading lately with following scheme: deposit 200-300$, earn 50-100$ a day with lots 0.1-0.2 and withdraw 50-100$ at the end of the day. I tried it earlier with deposit of $1000-2000. There is very strong pressure on this amount. I cannot psychologically watch how the
Hi, can someone try and run this code? It's meant to show which of the bollinger bands are currently being touched by the price. It doesn't run on my MT4 v4 build 890 running on WIne on LinuxMint. No Syntax errors. The problem appears to be a status when debugging showing that buff5[i] and...
[Deleted]
Hi, first timer here so please excuse if it's a silly question. I have an ea that requires a set number of bars in a chart. I have set the max bars in chart to 60 and the max bars in history to 60 but more bars appear at the next shift so I end up with more than 60 bars on the chart despite setting...
[Deleted]
If i have wrote an EA and want to test it's performance in the past several years, where can i down load history data of a symbol? Thank you very much!
I'm having some problems with my hd. I did some backtests and suddendly I'm without enough memory to save files. I'm trying to find where Wine stores the backtests log files (i'm using an Ubuntu machine).  I already checked on wine/program files(x86)/broker/logs and on  wine/program...
can I use api , or win socket to connect mt4 server to get the quotation and send orders without mt4 terminal program