MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 550

#property copyright "Copyright 2016, Macdulio" #property link "macdulio.blogspot.co.uk" #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 7 #property indicator_color1 Crimson #property indicator_color2 Blue #define  NL    "\n" extern int       Range_n=34; extern int shift = 5; extern...
[Deleted]
<deleted>
No problem with code or anything.  Just wondering here before I set off on an adventure (that will probably end in a horrific crash.  :)   ) Is there any hard and fast limitations on how many global variables that can be set? 
[Deleted]
I am working on an EA and this is not checking every hour on the open of the candle when the D+ is above the 21 in ADX. Can someone help me out here with this please. In short I want this to alert me at every open candle when the D+ is above 21. bool EnterOpenBar= true ; datetime
Hi Guys I'm trying to create a Histogram based on the previous High/Low values of a :ZigZag" type of indicator called Swing_ZZ.mq4... But I'm just not getting it right.... If someone could point me in the right direction here I'd appreciate it... Thanx This is the jist of the Swing_ZZ indi
Hi, the function PlaySound(...) plays the soundfile that must be located in terminal_directory\Sounds or its sub-directory. How can I play a sound file from the C:\Windows\Media path?
[Deleted]
Hello, I see this in Logs (Order is locked). What does this mean, please?   
Hi guys, Im new here, i've read many articles about some estrategies and money management. Well, i have studied some about lots calculation (exponential and others), then i just think in some strategy that could be calculate using some relation of Volume (ATR), risk per trade and tick value....
Hi I have an EA which runs at 7.01 a.m. and it active on a 4 hour chart. I need to obtain the Open values on the hourly chart so am using the line of code PriceAtSevenOpen = iOpen(0,PERIOD_H1,0); When printing out the value "PriceAtSevenOpen" it intermittently returns a 0.0 or wrong value
New article How to copy signals using an EA by your rules? has been published: When you subscribe to signals, such situation may occur: your trade account has a leverage of 1:100, the provider has a leverage of 1:500 and trades using the minimal lot, and your trade balances are virtually equal — but...
Hello, We want to create an EA for back-testing purposes only. We are trying to make a simple code with the following criteria: It should send a buy order when there have been three consecutive bars with ascending closing prices in all three of them, altogether. The code we have is:...
For some reason, MT4 tester journal feature cannot find specific keywords, regardless of case.   I attach a screenshot showing several attempts to search.  But this bug exist for over a year now.    side question:  Why they have to be case sensitive? People need to find simple search terms, should...
Dear All, I'm very new to mql4, may I know what is all these means? #define SIGNAL_NONE 0#define SIGNAL_BUY   1#define SIGNAL_SELL  2#define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3#define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4 Thank you
Hello traders. Is here good person to help me how to tune price/time font in axes? Please see picture. Thx!  
Hi, while watching the prices in order to compare them to other brokers I had to realize that in the Market-Watch-window and the Order-window (F9) different prices are shown than in the main Chart-Window?? Please see at the attached snapshot. The Market-Watch- and the Order-window show both: Ask=1...
  Help TS MA  (1)
because  without  my terms , expert advisor, open and close, position 
[Deleted]
  MQL Guide  (26   1 2 3)
OrdersCount function allows to get the orders count of predefined type. int OrdersCount(int type){ int orders = 0; int cnt = OrdersTotal(); for (int i=0; i<cnt; i++) { if (!OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) continue; //if (OrderSymbol() != Symbol()) continue; //if...
Hi Coders  Can someone please help me to add ticksize for GBP,AUD,EUR,NZD crosses and SPX,DOW,GER30 AND GOL,SILVER PLEASE. Will be forever greatfull!!
Hi All, I got this indicator called IV-Jempol but it is ex4 file. Can i got the mq4 of it. I have attached to the forum. Best Regards, Shehab
[Deleted]
  MQL4 vs MQL5  (5)
Hi; Why is it, when logged onto MQL4 & I click on anything like Market, Freelance etc, it automatically switches to MQL5? I do have an account on both, although am trading with MT4 so want stuff for MT4 (until I switch over or trade on both). Cheers;   Paul 
[Deleted]
Hi - I'm looking through the EA market here & cannot find what I'm after, please help or point me in the right direction. I'm sure it's here somewhere so sorry, just cannot find it. All I need is a Simple EA / Code / Robot, where I can input the following, for ANY market on MT4. Open a position at...
Hi everybody. How can I incorporate fundamental economic data (Such as "actual", "forecast" or "previous" data of a news release) into an Expert Advisor? Which platform (MT4 or MT5) has that capability? What function() to call in MQL4 or MQL5 such data from a website such as Forex Factory? Thank you...
I can see many of the great indicator out there have been lost or became history or became obsolete. I believe that those who coded many of those great indicator have exerted a great time, effort and some time money to come up with such great product for free. In return MQ4 does nothing to preserve...
How can I solve this error I get when I try to compilte my code containing: the error is for this line: (error says: parameter conversion not allowed) int handle = FindWindowA(i, log ); int FindIfDirOpened() { string log = "logs" ; string i; int handle = FindWindowA(i, log );
New article Testing trading strategies on real ticks has been published: The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC", "Every tick" and "Every tick based on real ticks" using actual historical data. Test reports of various modeling modes are...
When I work with Bid and Ask, I realized one (only one I know about) broker has different values for the chart and the MQL variables. The value for Bid differs from the chart by constant of 5 tick (0.5 pip), as well the ask level in the chart is offset from the Ask variable by 5 ticks in the...
I'm looking to perform multiple linear regression calculations within MQL4. Yt = b0 + b1*X1 + b2*X2 + b3*X3 + e   Does anyone know a solution how to do this? I have written code to perform this calculations for two independent variables. But I need to use more variables. Perhaps anyone can point me...
[Deleted]
Hi all I have the following Heikin Ashi Smoothed indicator and i am trying to add it in a subwindow instead of the main window. i changed the #property indicator_chart_window to indicator_separate_window but i get the following picture. i have the original heikin ashi smoothed in the main window...
Does anybody knows how to draw a candle in a separate custom indicator window ? Any example, link ? I only need to know how to draw a candle graphics. Thank you,tek.
[Deleted]
Hello ; I would like to represent at the first time the Macd (with 2lines ) in Bar or like a candle just with body : so if line1 > line2 I draw it in Blue and of course in opposite in red : so my problem is how to procede ?? the discussion about it is here where he would to draw Haikin Ashi in...