MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 402

Hi, i like to know if somewhere is a codesnippet for a info panel on chart. Now i am working with comments to show informations on chart. But this inforemations will be overwritten bei chart candles or something else. I like to have an panel which is in front of all objects on charts. There i want...
Hi  I hav an indicator which shows trend . UpTrend is green and down trend is red. As I know some of this kind of indicators are drawing 2 lines .one of them green and the other one red . and when they want to show green one they make red one equal to zero and And conversely if they want red one so...
I want to change the default date of the historical trading data of my linked account, so that mql5 can only present the trading results from a certain date which correspond to results of my EA. Thank you.
Is it possible to pause the timer. It looks like EventTimeKiller(); only works with DeInit. I would like to pause the timer while I execute some orders and then restart the timer once I have finished executing my orders.
[Deleted]
Dear friends, please read carefully, this is not the same question that has been asked before and is meant to be answered only by MQL5 staff. I suggest not to comment because if MQL5 answers their answer will be buried in comments and is something that we all should know. I ask here in forum because...
Hi everyone,  Thanks in advance for you help. I have 2 questions 1. I was wondering if I could write something like :  if Period_CURRENT = PERIOD_H1 {... }  if Period_CURRENT = PERIOD_H2 {... } 2. I have an additional question: the PERIOD_M40 do not exist right? Thanks again, Luciole
I am using the Strategy Tester for the first time and just wanted to test a basic EA to get a feel for the function, but am having some trouble in getting my EA to actually work on there.  I have downloaded the required data from the History Centre and have used the Strategy Tester to test the...
Hi all, is there a function to get Total Open Orders for one Symbol only? As far as I know TotalsOrder() will return all Open Orders for all symbols. Thanks in advance pob
I have been learning to trade on MT4 for a few months on demo. I decided to mive on to an actual live account, so, I signed up and deposited 10 dollars to start trading. Later, I found that the decision I made was premature. In fact, I cannot trade live through the mobile demo app and went with...
Hi. Recently I have devoloped simple EA, code seems to be ok in my terminal, no errors so far, but when I'm trying to upload my EA to MQL market it doesn't pass automatic validation, error 131 appears - invalid trade volume. have anyone idea what it could be? here's the code :  
If a trade has been opened without a stop loss, but later on the necessity to add a stop to the open trade arises, what is the best way to deal with this situation? Is it to use OrderModify: OrderModify(Ticket,Open_Price,Stop_Loss,0,0,clrNONE); and if so, how will the program know if the stop loss...
Dear MQL, Please consider an update to MetaTrader 4 for signal subscriptions. Currently there is only one method to copy a signal service, and that is to use the % method. FX Blue Trade Copier provides the following options for copying another account (lot-sizing modes): Use Fixed Lot Size, Use Risk...
Hello dear friends, What can I change in this code so it doesn't draw connection between pivot lines? It makes it confusing for me.  Thanks in advance for your help.  #define IND_NAME "Pivot Point S&R"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 7#property indicator_color1...
Hello, I'm really new to this and I have a simple (I think) question, maybe someone can take the time to explain. I want the EA to make one (maybe 2) transactions, then I want it to stop trading. I'm sure this can be done, I just don't know how unfortunately. Thank you very much!
Hello may I know how to add the moving averages to a separate window as below screenshot? .. I am not asking to how add it manually, I am asking for coding
hello i need a close all trades (pending+ active) button indicator that it can close all trades on all pairs when i install it on one of my charts. can anyone help? thanks
Hello dear friends, I have 2 Broker and if I wand download a Program, then the Program goes olways to the wrong Broker. How I can change this? The cache from the browser is clean Blease for answer - thanks
Dear MQL5 users, I would like to ask you how to protect an expert advisor using a password or another method and what is the best way to do such thing. Thank you in advance.
Hi folks, please help me as i read the help for the funcion iMAOnArray bur i really didn't understand what does it do, as now i study an indicator and i can't understand it because of this function thanks much,
Hello, I want to use ArrayCopy() on an array of pointers but it looks like i'm not allowed. It generates an error saying that array cannot contain objects. Is it not possible to use ArrayCopy() with arrays containing object pointers? MyObject* arrTarget[];void Copy(MyObject* &arrSource[])...
Does anyone know if there is an excel plugin similar to the Bloomberg plugin?...would make my life so much easier rather than dde/etc I know mexceltrader do one but I’ve heard bad things about them transferring your data to a third party as you trade
i am doing an optimization more than 10k passes. What if my PC hang or rebooted during optimization? Do i have to do it all over again? Does it have save the result to a log file?
[Deleted]
Is there any way that one can save a test done using the strategy tester of met4 when having to reboot to update the OS or when the PC is shut down for the night?
[Deleted]
hello guys.  I have a indicator in main windows. Is that possible to get the indicator-file-name in the "indicator" dir? I can only get the shortname of the indicator using "ChartIndicatorName()". but the shortname is not equal to the filename... confusing ...
Hi, I have written a script  below to determine the lot size of an order based upon the stoploss size. I am using mt4 pepperstone using the standard demo account (leverage 500, if that matters). However, I get the same lot size, irrespective of the stoploss value.  Can someone tell me what I am...
Hi all, I've open a demo account of mt4 at FXPRO, and I don't like the default template of FXPRO mt4 demo platform. When I open a mt4 demo account at another broker (quite wellknown), I've catched this template (attached screenshoot below), it's attractived me quite alot. Who know the name of this...
need help for newbie, i use 2 custom indicator (Please find the attachment) These 2 indicator have output arrow drawing. Question: what is the code if i want to convert that signal into variable? like whenever the signal come the variable automatically add 1 thanks before for any help
Iam  facing same problem with iCustom indicators. Iam using super trend indicator and Iam calling using ST2=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"SuperTrend",24,3.0,1,1). It works well in live and demo account when i call them, but does not work well on back testing. Can Anyone help me on this pls. Iam clueless. I...
Hello, There is this Relative Slope by Dimitris Tsokakis and am trying to plot it in MT4 but with no luck. Am only able to get the first buffer to plot and not the rest. Please kindly guide. Thanks ! K=EMA((H+L+C)/3,10); S1=2*(K-REF(K,-1))/(K+REF(K,-1)); RS=100*EMA(S1,3); Plot(RS,"RS",colorGrey40...
I created a simple DLL that reads a text file (http //: mysite.com/miofile.txt) from a server. Everything works perfectly but in only one case in a Windos 7 PC the DLL could not communicate with the server and this function returned false. In addition to enabling DLLs in the MT4 you need to enable...