MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 403

If a trade has been opened without a stop loss, but later on the necessity to add a stop to the open trade arises, what is the best way to deal with this situation? Is it to use OrderModify: OrderModify(Ticket,Open_Price,Stop_Loss,0,0,clrNONE); and if so, how will the program know if the stop loss...
Dear MQL, Please consider an update to MetaTrader 4 for signal subscriptions. Currently there is only one method to copy a signal service, and that is to use the % method. FX Blue Trade Copier provides the following options for copying another account (lot-sizing modes): Use Fixed Lot Size, Use Risk...
Hello dear friends, What can I change in this code so it doesn't draw connection between pivot lines? It makes it confusing for me.  Thanks in advance for your help.  #define IND_NAME "Pivot Point S&R"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 7#property indicator_color1...
Hello, I'm really new to this and I have a simple (I think) question, maybe someone can take the time to explain. I want the EA to make one (maybe 2) transactions, then I want it to stop trading. I'm sure this can be done, I just don't know how unfortunately. Thank you very much!
Hello may I know how to add the moving averages to a separate window as below screenshot? .. I am not asking to how add it manually, I am asking for coding
hello i need a close all trades (pending+ active) button indicator that it can close all trades on all pairs when i install it on one of my charts. can anyone help? thanks
Hello dear friends, I have 2 Broker and if I wand download a Program, then the Program goes olways to the wrong Broker. How I can change this? The cache from the browser is clean Blease for answer - thanks
Dear MQL5 users, I would like to ask you how to protect an expert advisor using a password or another method and what is the best way to do such thing. Thank you in advance.
Hi folks, please help me as i read the help for the funcion iMAOnArray bur i really didn't understand what does it do, as now i study an indicator and i can't understand it because of this function thanks much,
Hello, I want to use ArrayCopy() on an array of pointers but it looks like i'm not allowed. It generates an error saying that array cannot contain objects. Is it not possible to use ArrayCopy() with arrays containing object pointers? MyObject* arrTarget[];void Copy(MyObject* &arrSource[])...
Does anyone know if there is an excel plugin similar to the Bloomberg plugin?...would make my life so much easier rather than dde/etc I know mexceltrader do one but I’ve heard bad things about them transferring your data to a third party as you trade
i am doing an optimization more than 10k passes. What if my PC hang or rebooted during optimization? Do i have to do it all over again? Does it have save the result to a log file?
[Deleted]
Is there any way that one can save a test done using the strategy tester of met4 when having to reboot to update the OS or when the PC is shut down for the night?
[Deleted]
hello guys.  I have a indicator in main windows. Is that possible to get the indicator-file-name in the "indicator" dir? I can only get the shortname of the indicator using "ChartIndicatorName()". but the shortname is not equal to the filename... confusing ...
Hi, I have written a script  below to determine the lot size of an order based upon the stoploss size. I am using mt4 pepperstone using the standard demo account (leverage 500, if that matters). However, I get the same lot size, irrespective of the stoploss value.  Can someone tell me what I am...
Hi all, I've open a demo account of mt4 at FXPRO, and I don't like the default template of FXPRO mt4 demo platform. When I open a mt4 demo account at another broker (quite wellknown), I've catched this template (attached screenshoot below), it's attractived me quite alot. Who know the name of this...
need help for newbie, i use 2 custom indicator (Please find the attachment) These 2 indicator have output arrow drawing. Question: what is the code if i want to convert that signal into variable? like whenever the signal come the variable automatically add 1 thanks before for any help
Iam  facing same problem with iCustom indicators. Iam using super trend indicator and Iam calling using ST2=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"SuperTrend",24,3.0,1,1). It works well in live and demo account when i call them, but does not work well on back testing. Can Anyone help me on this pls. Iam clueless. I...
Hello, There is this Relative Slope by Dimitris Tsokakis and am trying to plot it in MT4 but with no luck. Am only able to get the first buffer to plot and not the rest. Please kindly guide. Thanks ! K=EMA((H+L+C)/3,10); S1=2*(K-REF(K,-1))/(K+REF(K,-1)); RS=100*EMA(S1,3); Plot(RS,"RS",colorGrey40...
I created a simple DLL that reads a text file (http //: mysite.com/miofile.txt) from a server. Everything works perfectly but in only one case in a Windos 7 PC the DLL could not communicate with the server and this function returned false. In addition to enabling DLLs in the MT4 you need to enable...
I try to pair position Buy and sell by hedging.  position Buy condition if profit < 0 and not have sell position to square --- open sell and pair it. if profit < 0 and  have sell position to square and opentime > my expect time --- close this pair(buy and sell) now my code open and pair just 1 pair....
Could anybody please assist me as I don't know where I got this code wrong. I am trying to create a  function named "OrdersTotalSymbolOpen()"  to check for open trade on any of the following pairs namely EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY and GBPJPY. It then assigns value 1 to such pair otherwise the...
Hi All, I have this error, "Terminal.exe - Initialization error 4", when I tried to open my Meta Trader 4 platform. Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you.
Hello All, first post :) I have an indicator that writes new arrows to a csv: if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CREATE){Print("object created");string fname="WRITE2CSV_"+Symbol()+".csv";int handle=FileOpen(fname,FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE|FILE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_READ,";");Print(sparam);int...
Good day all I just have a simple request The attached indicator seems to be messing up. When loaded onto a chart and left to run some signals appear , but when the platform is restarted some signals appear in the past that hadn't been printed while the indicator was running And it doesn't seem to
Hi there, I want that the mouse pointer show me all the time, permanently in a labeL all the info. When you slide over the chart with the mouse pointer and if you stop for a couple of seconds over a candle or an object, just then appears for a few seconds a label with the object description. I would...
[Deleted]
Hi there, It is possible disable the object description label? (it appears when mouse-over on the object) If I set a void string through ObjectSetText() function, the onmouseover-label doesn't hide itself, but anyhow display (a) the name of the object and (b) the price value of the mouse-pointer...
I can't write the service with the shadow of heiken ashi can someone help me write it? {         double LowerBB =iBands(Symbol(),timeframe,PeriodBollBand,devBollBand,0,0,MODE_LOWER,1);         double UpperBB =iBands(Symbol(),timeframe,PeriodBollBand,devBollBand,0,0,MODE_UPPER,1);                  if...
when compile EA ,the terminal was shut down ,and I get this infomation ,how to solve it ?  thanks . 问题签名:   问题事件名称:    APPCRASH   应用程序名:    terminal.exe   应用程序版本:    4.0.0.1031   应用程序时间戳:    00a97c00   故障模块名称:    terminal.exe   故障模块版本:    4.0.0.1031   故障模块时间戳:    00a97c00   异常代码:    c0000005   异常偏移...
Been struggling for hours now on apparently easy task. If someone could point out my error, please? I would like to use StringConcatenate with "iOpen" (or iTime, iHigh, iLow, iClose). EURUSD_M1_OPEN = iOpen("EURUSD",PERIOD_M1,1); // this is the default way, working. Instead, I would like to avoid...