MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1610

I am trying to flag the condition of MA crssover in my EA. For this the code I havewritten is min15ma14now=iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,14,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); min15ma7now=iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,7,0,MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0); min15ma14prev=iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,14,0,MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);...
Hello I am hoping someone could help me out and tell me what I need to do to the attachedEA i am trying to set a buy when all blue and sell when red situation at the momentit compile's and buy's only I have been looking at the code and trying to changethings around but can't seem to see what I have...
  DDE commands  (2)
Are these the ONLY DDE commands available in Excel? =MT4|LOW!USDCHF =MT4|HIGH!USDCHF =MT4|BID!USDCHF =MT4|ASK!USDCHF =MT4|TIME!USDCHF=MT4|QUOTE!USDCHF I know you can change the symbols, but I was hoping for a little bit more. If there is more, where can I find some documentation on it?
[Deleted]
I am new to MT4 and could really use some help. I am looking for an existing script or for someone to create a script that records the price of EUR/USD every half an hour and places the value into an MS excel spreadsheet . I have no clue how to make a script with MT4 and I could really use some
Hi I would like to know how it is possible to know if price is between two trend lines. l1 = NormalizeDouble(ObjectGetValueByShift(1TrendName, 0), Digits); l2 = NormalizeDouble(ObjectGetValueByShift(2TrendName,0),Digits); if(Ask>l1 && Ask<l2) This wont work if the two trendlines are at an angle...
Displaying a News Calendar This article contains the description of writing a simple and convenient indicatordisplaying in a working area the main economic events from external Internet resources. Author: Slobodov Gleb
Hi all Yet another question for you guys. And thank you for your help so far. This forumrocks! Is there a way to perform database operations from mq4? Eg, I want to find a particularrecord in a csv file and replace one of its fields. Thanks M
  How important?  (2)
Hello, How important is to use RefreshRates() function before sending or modifying any order? And if you don't mind, please show me some examples here. Thank you
  Freaken hell  (3)
Hi I have an EA Im working on a was backtesting it when I decided I am gonna copyexact same code to another file so I can keep an old backup. So I take new EA with exact same code as other one and backtest, you know whathappened!!!! It gave me a complete different number , it went down 20%. So I...
[Deleted]
I wonder if anyone has coded this in MQL4 yet? Thanks. GANN - Swing Us:=BarsSince((H > Ref(H,-1)) AND (Ref(H,-1) > Ref(H,-2))); Ds:=BarsSince((L < Ref(L,-1)) AND (Ref(L,-1)< Ref(L,-2))); Sd1:=If(Us=0, {then}If(Ref(L,-1)<>LowestSince(1,Ds=0,L), {then}1, {else}0), {else}If(Ds=0,...
[Deleted]
Hello, can anyone please help? Is it possible to run a demo EA on a live account? I mean, say I have an accountof $5,000 and like to test my EA on that very account, but of course, without tamperingeven a cent of it. Thank you.
  Feature Requests.  (10)
I don't know if this is the place to do this but I'd like to make some feature requests. Terminal: 1. The ability to choose whether to have an indicator window at the top or bottomof the chart. 2. Be able to blend indicators. e.g display a moving average over a CCI or blendtwo CCI's. 3. A...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Analytical Report by Better has been published. Nick 'Better' is used on the Championship by Olexandr Topchylo.As of now, he is the unquestionable leader who has got far ahead of all his competitors.Olexandr is Cand. Sc. (Physics...
I'm succesfully publish my statement using publish faciity at MT4 but i think itis not so detailed. No graphic and no statistic. I saw someone who had a REALLY LIVE UPDATED detailed statement on his FTPserver(included detailed stats on each currency pair etc.). I searched for s acript whichmight do...
Hi all, Most of the indicators I have checked out has its main loop made up with a decreasing counter. As instance, something like this: int start () { int limit ; int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted () ; //---- check for possible errors if ( counted_bars < 0 ) return ( - 1 ) ; //---- last counted
[Deleted]
#include <stdlib.mqh>#include <WinUser32.mqh>double balance,cp;int total;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| script program start function |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int...
In running my EA through a backtest, I wind up w/ about 80% of my positions gettingclosed waaaay above or below the high/low on a candle. My EA is not set to close orders like this. As a matter of fact, doesn't the candlehave to get to that point? Take a look at just one example:
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Olexandr Topchylo (Better) has been published. He performed unsuccessfully in the last-year Championship,and this failure was the making of him. Olexandr learned the lesson and becamethe leader of Championship 2007 with a...
  EMA on EMA on EMA......  (16   1 2)
I'm trying to transfer an indicator from Intellicharts to MT4 to smooth out averages.Is it possible to duplicate the following? EMA(10) On EMA(3) On EMA(7) On (O+H+L+C)/4 Thanks so much
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the Report of the 7th Week of the Championship has been published. These 5 trade days ended with several surprises. The firstplace has been taken by a Participant from Ukraine winning "by a head".The leader of the preceding week has given...
[Deleted]
1. Dear MT team, I think there is a color bug in MT 4.0. Try this script. A wide rage of colors0xXXYYZZ are interpreted as 0xZZYYXX. Is this a bug? If yes, please could you fix it? Thanks in advance. I use MT 4.0 211, ME 4.0 209. int start(){ ObjectsDeleteAll(); string NameOB="id1";...
I'm using the Fractal Channel indicator written by Collector in my trading system.How can I get rid of the connector lines and show ONLY the support and resistancelevels (ie. horizontal lines only) ? During back-testing, the current connectorlines give away the price trend at the hard right-edge of...
[Deleted]
i am confused why no arrows are showing. also where should i place PlaySound() function. i've tried placing it at all theappropriate location but it just keeps on playing repeatedly. i would like to playa sound when an arrow is created. #property copyright "Copyright ?2006, TrendLaboratory Ltd...
Hi, I have the following piece of code that tries to insert a pending order with anopening price away from the market, but with stop levels that are (at that time!) possibly close to the market. double stopLevel = MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_STOPLEVEL); double pointSize = MarketInfo(symbol,...
[Deleted]
Which market does this error refer to? Is there a way to check if a specific market is open or closed? (Asia, UK, US) Thanks, T
I am trying to write a very simple indicator to draw an arrow 20 points below thelow when a fast ma crosses above the slow ma and to draw an arrow 20 point abovethe high when the fast ma crosses below the slow ma. The code seems to be doingexactly opposite of what I want it to do. This seems to be a...
[Deleted]
I want to endevour all forum members to assit on how i can attach other indicatorto my custom indicator to my platform all my brokers uses mt4 setup ,thanks foryour coperation.my eamail is forexspaceship@yahoo.com.
[Deleted]
  ex4  (11   1 2)
hi guys. how do i create an ex4 file out of a mq4 ? thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello, first this i one of the best Forums i ever see, second sorry for my bad english. I try to write what i need. i have written an expert that generate me signals and write them to files and sendto my email. Now i want to code an expert for my friends and clients, this EA must look if thereis...