MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1589

int start{} function i only use this start{print(Bars);} i tred start at different time and use different time frame, always bars will be 1001, so that we only use 1001 bars history data in ea ? how to get more bars history data ? thank you. i have tried use arraycopyseries, same result. int...
[Deleted]
The history of forex. The world monetary system has evolved a long time. Since 1867, acted "gold standard": the national currency exchanged only for gold, which "reinforces" every currency, preventing any issue of money governments, which accelerates inflation. However, the "standard" does not solve...
[Deleted]
I am relatively new to programming in MQL; but not to programming. My math on the other hand is not the greatest... Anyway, on to my question. I am working on a Holy Grail(wouldn't that be nice). Part of my strategy is defined as this: Unless an inside bar is formed at the prior peak. Now, at this
Is there a way to export the account history to excel? Thanks
Does Alert(); dont work in EA Scripts or what is the problem by mijn Scriptje? I write there Alert(); but nothing habens.
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm using the InterbankFX client and upon startup the client immediately crashes. Anyone else seeing this problem? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi, Thank you in advance. I wonder weather it is right to expect by a deep backtest with all datas avaibles and the best modelization that zig-zag indicator happens to be modelized too. For instance, Every zig-zag value is computed by my EA for its purposes. At instant 1, I have zig-zag at 158.90, e...
your Custom Indicator "AMA_optimized.mq4 rename to "AMA" THE ERROR IS"2008.03.18 00:10:17 2008.01.25 21:14 EA-AMA01 EURUSD,M15: OrderSend error 138" //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| AAA 改编 http://hi.baidu.com/shangwuju |...
I attached an EA to the EUR/USD 15 mins chart that's supposed to initiate a BUY order when a bullish engulfing candle is formed. (The right hand corner shows a smiley face, and the settings is set to "Allow Live Trading") However, I realised that no BUY order was opened on 14th Mar 10:15am even...
  Chart Templates  (2)
Hi, when I start my EA I would like it to apply different Chart Templates depending on the currency pair I'm looking at. I know how to get the current currency pair using Symbol( ) . . . how (if possible) do I set the chart template to the one I want ? The logic would go like this if pair = GBPUSD...
  Off line graph  (1)
Hi, I have an EUR_USD off line graph (1 hour period). Is it possible to apply a strategy tester to an off line graph? How can I proceed? Thank you! Alberto
[Deleted]
I am new in MT4, probably I am asking a stupid question here, but, what I observed really worries me. what I observed is that the trailingstoploss was modified from time to time, but, it seems problematic that the modification sets the stoplevel backward when the price makes correction, for...
Is there any limit in this "string StringSubstr( string text, int start, int length=0)"? I read the documentation, but no answer. "length=0" means I can extract starting from the given position and up to the end of the string. But when I do so, it always cut the tail of the string, the maximum...
My EA is exchanging data with Matlab program via csv file. Is there a way to backtest my EA? Any help is appreciated. thanks. Anybody can help me?
  Simple Trend Follower System  (111   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
[Deleted]
hello everyone.... I just discover the forex and the meta-trader... so.. I tryed to perform a back-test with EA proposed on this website (like ATS combo and MACDCCI) and nothing happen.... no result, no graph...... So I have downloaded de .mq4 file and I puted in my EA folder, I'm rebooted my MIG....
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 213 has been released: Tester: At strategy optimization, fixed check of testing limit triggering, if there are no open positions. Tester: Disabled check of testing limits at genetic optimization. Tester: Optimized history uploading. Tester: Fixed error of...
Hello...Is it normal that the number of trades placed by the optimization engine is far less that the number of trades placed by the tester using the optimal parameters returned during the optimizaton process..if so, what is the sanctity of the optimization engine...
[Deleted]
My EA is in trades for a period of hours/days, usually looking for t/p and s/l of around 100 pips. Is it advisable to close out all open positions on Friday before the market closes ? And Why? Thanks! -Tom
[Deleted]
Hey, I'm drafting this litle EA of mine and I've been banging my head against the wall trying to force a decimal (1.5) in the deviation value, that is used in calculating the upper and lower BB bands. Is it even possible? And if so, then how exactly would one go about it? The variable is defined as...
Can someone tell me how to change the settings so that when I open MQL4 in iexplorer the font isn't enormous and unreadable. If I open in foxfire the page is normal. all other links and metatrader work fine through iexplorer? Appreciate any help John
[Deleted]
hi i write 2 buffers, named buffer1[] and buffer2[]. and i need metatrader to identify which buffer is the latest to be created. e.g. if buffer1 is just created, then if(buffer1 created) { dosomething() }
[Deleted]
I would like this: For MathSin distance calulation. I have one point .This is the zero point.The zero point Bars number is 1000. The Point 1 Bar number is 1050,the price is :High The Point 2 Bar number is 1050,the price is :Low I would calculate in zero point the sinus (for degrees) How it possible...
Is it possible to open a chart with code? For example, if a pair = value then open new currency pair and attach EA/Script/Indicator. What I want to do is find out differences in certain pairs, hedging pairs for example, but automated. This would be a nice feature if you can't already do it.
Hi I have the alert code below, I am expecting it to fire 5 times and then stop, I tried different version and played around with different blocks of code, but it is sounding once with the block 1 and twice with the block 2 as indicated in the code below. that is if I un_commnets the block 1, it...
  -ve pips count ?  (1)
I am trying to find the number of pips in loss so I made this line if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) { PipsOpenPL=PipsOpenPL+MathRound((OrderClosePrice()-OrderOpenPrice())/MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)); } if...
Can an Expert Advisor "execute/launch" an external script, located in scripts folder?
[Deleted]
Where can I find the  PDF version of Documention and Book?